What the Hell just happened?? (Bioshock2)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought Bioshock 2 over Steam yesterday and have been having a blast playing, but just now I got to the point where I either kill or spare Gil Alexander, and I was confused about which one was the "good" option, since his video logs tell you he wants to be euthanized.

So naturally I alt-tabbed to look it up online, and once I did, I got back into the game, and it was asking whether or not I wanted to play single player, multiplayer or quit to windows. I didn't understand why I was on that screen, or how it got there. I clicked single player and asked it to continue, and it only brought me to the beginning of the ****ing Fontain Industries level. I looked up my save points, but nothing, it was ****ing gone.

How did alt-tabbing in and out of the game somehow make me abort about three hours of gameplay?

I'm so pissed off I'm disgusted. I have NO intention of redoing that entire level, because it's huge. Probably not as big as I remember, since it's been split up by watching two ****ing episodes of "Survivor" with my stupid ****ing family.

On a note only barely related, my head feels raw from having continuously punched myself full in the head upon realizing how much precious precious time was just wasted, as is my custom when my computer REALLY pisses me off, since my computer is too indispensable for me to risk even MIMING a blow at my CPU tower...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it recognised you were noobing out and researching the best choices and punished accordingly. go go bioshock!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just curious... Do you save yourself? (ESC --> Save?) or are you letting the auto-save do the work for you? Besides, you can always cheat yourself with godmode until the part where you were and disable the cheats. You'll go much faster through the levels that way :).

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3 hours? big deal. I've lost 7 hours of Dragonage thanks to windows update. If the game is nice enough, you'll soon be back at where you ended up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a Christian guy you swear a lot. I mean, you swear more than I do. :[

These kinds of tales are the reason I make backups of all my saves whenever I've done an exhausting level.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;9_-NfKakS6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-NfKakS6A[/video]

But anyway...

Are your drivers and everything up to date? And is your computer up to date and liable to run it?

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's obviously a result of global cooling.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Your rage seems so genuine over the internet, J-Dude. What verifies that is:
J-Dude said:
I'm so pissed off I'm disgusted. I have NO intention of redoing that entire level, because it's huge. Probably not as big as I remember, since it's been split up by watching two ****ing episodes of "Survivor" with my stupid ****ing family.
That's a compliment by the way, I don't acknowledge genuine rage very much.

Oh and **** the trolls, the guy didn't even say anything about global warming or religion. Pricks.

Why do I have to be better than everything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom