What the hell is wrong with Racist people?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, a user in this forum awhile ago called me a asian slanted eye awhile ago (They weren't kidding). I wonder why is there still racistism in this world today? In my area, we haven't discuss anything related to that for a apparant reason I guess. Not even my dad or my mom doesn't want to discuss it. I don't mind it in a slang term, but to say in a most offending way I get mad. So, can anyone tell me a answer?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, people are idiots. You're going to find that a lot. Usually such things are said by people who are insecure, or unsure of themselves, thus saying such things makes them feel bigger and better than others. Frankly, people like that are dumbasses and will never get anywhere until they deal with their own problems.

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
a user in this forum
I don't care if you point me out, everyone knows I'm racist. :)

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
I don't care if you point me out, everyone knows I'm racist. :)
^^ Hah..
*poke's* guy! I didn't know! XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Racism is all about oppinion and point of view. I strive not to be racist, I live in a community where Indian people outnumber white people. But when I read stories in the paper about people getting mugged/raped/killed and see the phrase 'gang of asian youths' (note in this sense asian means Indian and not Chinese/Japanese) i'll immediatley think 'Of course'. It's just the way I am. I'd never decend into slurring though.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I live in a community where Indian people outnumber white people..
What? where the heck is that? >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
probably in canada, because in my community there is what ravendust just said

Best answers
PFFFF... im sry...

i dunno people are just jak ****'s so w/e... im a minority and lovin it.... A big shout out to all my mongrols! mongrol= white/black...

Edit: mongrol is what i call my self... sum people may think that's racist... so how bout... oreo?... no... um... i dunno... haha hell i cant be racisit.

Best answers
Well i'm an Asian person (Sri Lankan) and i have had racist terms thrown at me alot. Nearly always on nights out where everyones pissed. I have never retaliated to it though, i just shrug it off. Theres no point taking offence to it because where ever you go, what ever you do people are gonna have thier opinions about anything. Its up to you whether you agree or disagree with them. For me words are just that, words. I dont care what people call me, i aint going to retaliate to that. I understand other people may not feel the same and take racist words to heart. But if they act on those words i will defend myself.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkSniper said:
probably in canada, because in my community there is what ravendust just said
I thought Ravendust lived in the UK.

I also strive to not speak out against other races. I've had many friends from many backgrounds and all have been insightful, reliable, and "true-blue" :)

I do admit that, in the back of my mind, there is some sentiment against some people in the city I live in, but it's more toward a certain group of people, not their nationality. Having repeated criminals from a certain group does that to a person. However, I'd never think to act on that kind of sentiment.

I, too, am surrounded mostly by people from East Asia. The university I attend, despite its location in the middle of Canada, has significantly more Chinese and East-Indian students than any other nationality. However, this doesn't really strike me as an issue. I've had several foreign professors and lab partners, all of which were very intelligent, driven people to work with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Intelligence is rare. Ignorance and hatred is over abundant.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Racism is all about oppinion and point of view. I strive not to be racist, I live in a community where Indian people outnumber white people. But when I read stories in the paper about people getting mugged/raped/killed and see the phrase 'gang of asian youths' (note in this sense asian means Indian and not Chinese/Japanese) i'll immediatley think 'Of course'. It's just the way I am. I'd never decend into slurring though.
Amen to that, and believe me in parts of britain (like right where i live), the asian population outnumber the white population. From my experience, racism is a two way thing, throughout the society I live in, asians(and other ethnic minorities) are just as racist as the whites are and its because they're both brought up to distrust each other, so you often find that there's lots of groups of asian kids, and lots of groups of white kids. Meh... one or two of my friends have been started on before for being white. In short, its because we're all scared of each other and because nobody can forget the past and learn to trust each other. Hence racism is just another form of ignorance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the annoying thing is, people who ***** about racism. (this might sound racist or degredant...and im sorry but its my opinion). are usually "black" or "people of an ethnic minority". now, thats all well and good. if people want to say they are oppressed, thats fine. but when they beat the **** out of a white guy whos walking home on his own, because its "stopping the oppression". i think thats a bit ****ed up.

i havent had problems with racist where i live in a long while, we pretty much get along ok down here. its just chavs we have to deal with.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see racism as ignorance to the truths of the human race. We're all the same, in the end, we are definately all the same.

You wanna know how racism ends? When we all join the information age, and unite through the jubilant justification of knowledge. Ya know, when your talking to someone online, you don't know their race, but you two become good friends, and later on, you find out their a different race, and your like,"Wow, to be honest... I could never tell different."

The only reason a person has a different skin color, is because of chemical reaction in their pigment, due to the evolution our species as a whole, had against UV rays. Closer to the equater, the darker the skin pigment, because darker colors reflect UV rays better. So, when you make fun of someone for being a different race, your actually making fun of the situational chemical reaction that decided their ability to reflect UV rays from the sun.

Also, if anyone remembers the main point that Martin Luther King preached, is that we shouldn't stereotype one person as representing an entire race. If you must judge, it should be individually, not a rampaging generalization. Just because so-and-so are difficult in one aspect, doesn't mean someone from the same race would be that way too.

Honestly, to generalize the entire psyche of any group of people is a huge mistakes, strategically and professionaly.

100% of the time, your wrong.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
What about hating someone's culture? I'd be interested in seeing your reasoning for that. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually darker colors absorb the sun better. Lighter colors reflect.

There are different types of racism as well.

There's the ignorant kind, "You're a dirty *insert racial slur*."

And than there's , "It's probably not a good idea for a dorky looking white guy to hang around a really bad part of New York City."

Statistics don't lie. Granted there are exceptions to every rule. I think it's safe to say however, that nobody here would feel comfortable walking past a black guy standing near an alley sporting "bling bling" at night. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every black guy you see is going to beat you down and take your cash, but there are certain things everyone should be aware of.

The above mentioned is still no excuse for blatantly trying to offend someone for absolutley no reason. Be aware, but don't be an ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth, if the only difference in race was skin colour, we wouldn't have racial stereotypes. As Kurt said, it's cultural too. Religion also plays a part. Is it a big coincidence that all the racial groups in my school stick together if we're 'all the same'? We're not, that's how it is.

As Gir stated, the door of racism swings both ways. You can't have something like a Million Man March (in which only black people were allowed to participate) without being inherently racist, yet anyone who opposes it is immediatley branded as one. I suppose it's down to your definition of the word racism and where you draw the line.

For the record, i'm as racist as your average episode of Family Guy. Draw your own conclusions.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
What about hating someone's culture? I'd be interested in seeing your reasoning for that. :)
Societal differences, unless the situation is life threatning, are unnecessary as well. Children these days are raised by guilt trips, while this civilization itself is a guilt trip. If you hate someone's culture, you probably hate the culture itself, not the people who are traditionally born, surrounded by it, so they're forced to accept it or leave. By any chance, do you not notice the "follow or starve" concept this world is evolving into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom