What programs do you use for making ESF .wavs?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen this question asked in a few other old threads, but no one answered the people's questions! Do you guys have any links to good (preferably free) sound capture/editing software?
What do you use to make your sounds?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't have links handy but I can tell you what you need to do. First get a program called virtual dub, that should allow you to rip the sound of the divx video out to an mp3. Then, you're going to need a program that converts mp3 to .wav. Winamp comes with a plugin for doing this, but personally, I use a LAME based mp3 encoder/decoder. Then, get a program like soundforge or goldwave, I think both have a trial version. I can't tell you how to use either of them as I use cool edit. In any case, from here, it's just an edit job.

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, thx for the info Karrde, I'll look into those programs as soon as I get home. (I'm at school in English right now. :D )
Do you know how long the trial periods on those programs are?

*EDIT* - I searched for Virtual Dub on www.google.com, and I found a video capture/editing program called VirtualDub. It didn't say anything about sound. Is this the right program? If it isn't the right one, then I can't find the right one. :scared:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. I just use it for taking screen caps so :p I thought it had an option for getting the sound out too. If not, I dunno, thats not something I'm too knwoledgable about.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom