What motherboard would be a good fit?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey boys.

So I recently ran off to a give away thingey and got myself a chassi Corsair Carbide 240 mITX/mATX for free.

My current setup uses a really old chassi from 2004-2005, it's a huge tower called Scaleo X from Fujitsu Siemens.

PSU: OCZ ModXStream PRO 600W
GFX: XFX PCIe HD6950 2GB DDR5
CPU: Core i5 2500K
MB: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Socket 1155, Z68, ATX B3
RAM: Corsair 8GB (KIT) DDR3 1600MHz/VENGEAN/1,5VBLUE
SSD: 120GB OCZ Agility 3
HDD: Seagate 512GB 7200 RPM + 256GB 5400 RPM
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler AMD/Intel

I was pretty happy with my setup, but I always wanted a new chassi. However, this is a mATX and my current MB is ATX. So I was wondering are there any good MBs that would fit my 1155 socket CPU and into a mATX? Or should I perhaps try to sell this chassi I got for free and buy myself a good ATX chassi? Use my current perfectly fine motherboard and invest in a new GFX card instead?

Right now I'm playing FFXIV, WoW and other stuff at 1080p at about 60 fps on various settings. But I am looking to play GTA V. So to elongate the life of my current setup I was thinking of overclocking my CPU and wish for a above average nVidia GFX card :)

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
gta iv?

haha i know u meant V :p

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Some people may be qualified to help you here, but I would suggest you ask in a store or at a manufacturer to be 100% sure.
But hey, that's just me. Good luck.

GTA V is pretty great.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
dude i'd sell it and get yourself a mid or full size tower. it doesn't have to be expensive either. im partial to NZXT and Antec but hear good things about the HAF series from cooler master.

the one im looking at getting soon:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_re=source_220_window-_-11-146-178-_-Product

comes with many fans already installed. im partial to the LED fans and window as well. at 60 USD its a good deal IMO

but you live outside the US don't you Baaja?

Edit: I just looked up ur processor.
http://ark.intel.com/products/52210/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz
its been discontinued. you may have a hard time finding a board that will fit its socket if you decide to go that route.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom