What kind of phobia do you have?

Best answers
Deep water, heights in a city area, and space... or rather the fear of floating around in space while still being alive and no hope of getting back.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spiderphobia (My word for it). I ****ing hate spiders. I'm seriously paranoid too. I'll be sitting in my chair, reading these threads, and I'll suddenly feel like I'm being covered in spider webs. I know it's weird, but it's true. *Cries* I need help...

Another is sunlight. I'm not scared of it, but I don't like being outside. There's a term for it, but I can't think of it right now. But I am DIAGNOSED with something, I'm not just some freak who chooses not to go outside.

Edit: My mom told me what it's called. Agoraphobia.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do not fear anything irrationally. All my fears are most definately rational. That being said, clowns, furries, or pretty much anybody in a mascot suit creeps me out, but it's not really fear.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey all you arachnaphobes...I have a special gift you you.

THE CAMEL SPIDER!!!!

Can run at 10 MPH, has venom that will make you numb entirely while it eats off your leg, and makes a screeching sound while it chases its prey. And yes. That's 1 spider trying to eat another.

With that said, I have major arachnaphobia. Looking for this pic gave me intense jibblies.

Best answers
I really dont have a strong Arachnaphobia but that one made me squirm a bit.

Alright, I have to get these off my chest...

Fear of Snakes
Fear of Heights
Fear of Robots
Fear of Rodeos
Fear of Glaciers
Fear of Clowns
Fear of Tinfoil
Fear of Plastic
Fear of Carnivals (and carnies)
Fear of Plywood
Fear of Trees
Fear of all sounds
Fear of Vacuum cleaners
Fear of Nickels (Dimes and Quarters are alright)
Fear of Dead skin cells
Fear of Dish Soap
Fear of Time
Fear of Barometers
Fear of Bathtubs
And Fear of clown fish...

Yeah, not really, but i do really have...

Atomosophobia (fear of being in a nuclear explosion)
Catapedaphobia (Fear of jumping from high places) Ties in with heights.
Claustrophobia (Fear of confined spaces)
Mechanophobia- Fear of machines (Terminators)
Nucleomituphobia- Fear of nuclear weapons. (I do love looking at explosions though).
Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes. (Snakephobia)

I thought these were kinda funny...

Medomalacuphobia- Fear of losing an erection.
Medorthophobia- Fear of an erect penis.
Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything.
Phallophobia- Fear of a penis, esp erect

And the all time best...

PHOBOPHOBIA - FEAR OF PHOBIAS

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That thing is...HUGE! But still, the Black Widow is deadlier, more common, and something you should be scared of. =P

Best answers
its not actually big, look at the sleeve of the jacket of the guy holding em, those things are small compared to some of the bigger spiders in the world.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Soteriophobia - Fear of dependence on others.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tolore said:
its not actually big, look at the sleeve of the jacket of the guy holding em, those things are small compared to some of the bigger spiders in the world.
He's right. Dispite my jibbliness of spiders, I did a search to find the bigest spider in the world.

The goliath spider, a.k.a. The Bird-Eater Spider. Amazingly enough, this critter actually poses no threat to humans. That is, unless of course, you piss it off.

Best answers
Lol, put a picture of a huge spider in the thread where everyone is scared of them. Now they have no monitor to look at because they just kicked it in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Draylock1 said:
Lol, put a picture of a huge spider in the thread where everyone is scared of them. Now they have no monitor to look at because they just kicked it in.
Thats the plan, stan! d-(o_O)-b

Best answers
Is that phobialist.com site for real?

Phobophobia - Fear of phobias.
Zemmiphobia - Fear of the great mole rat.

O'rly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
This one made me laugh:

Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words.

Fear of long words, and they use a long word to describe it. XD
Anyway, I really hate bees, hornets, wasps and I also hate needles. That´s it.
Kaination said:
i have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What did you think that was? : D

I also have a phobia of phobias.

Phobiaticphobia.

Its true (i wish D:)

Fo real, I have a phobia of whatevers to come. As in, I'll stare at something the least bit scary (kiddie roller coast, goes 3 feet off the ground) but i'll just stare at it and think of crazy imaginable situations, sometimes over 50, and they replay through my mind.

its a buzz-killer at carnival rides

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hash said:
Not so much a fear, but I feel uncomfortable around big flying bugs. Not like, flys and bees and stuff. But big things, like June Bugs and Dragonflys, things like that. I dunno why, I just don't like 'em.
Ive hate dem der spiders, wont go near em, but big flying things freek me out utterly. I cant stant to even be in the same room. After an incident in the past, where i darnt move for 30mins (litterally) as there was a dragonfly close to me, i can no longer open my window.
Ok... um... i guess thats enough making myself look stupid for one post... ahem

*edit* just thought... daddy long legs... spiders... that fly... you will never see me anyway near one, and they like to hang out in the shed directly outside my window.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh yeah...

daddy long legs arent technically spiders, and theyre some of the coolest insects you can find

if you watch one in a web for a period of time they will vanish right in front of you, they can vibrate their bodies so fast that they become invisible

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Depends on what you call Daddy Long legs, where I am it's Crane Flys that get called Daddy Long Legs. In some other countries it's a spider that gets called it. It varies.

I think I may have mild Socialphobia.

As with Kain I also think of what could go wrong with things but I wouldn't really count it as a phobia. usually I'll think of something then think about it for a while, then dismiss it as the chances of it happening are low.

DMW

Best answers
i have big ugly bug phobia/big ass spider phobia.Like if i saw a Giant iraqi spider(well i read techniqually it isnt a spider),i'd be a shivering ***** for sure.Big bugs gross me out,like big ass roaches,then when you step on them you hear their bones break and the blood spill out of them.Then you gotta pick em up with tissue or somthing to get them off your kitchen floor.Its crazy though cuz i can watch a guy get shot in the head and see it explode but i cant take being near a roach.I kill them and all its just horrifying to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Atomosophobia (fear of being in a nuclear explosion)
You actually need a term for that? I thought a phobia was an irrational fear. I don't know many people excited at the prospect of being vapourised.

Best answers
I have:

Fear of Horses- Equinophobia or Hippophobia. (Yeah, I know. It's wierd. NOT pictures, but being next to them or near them.)
Fear of Spiders- Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia. (I fell out of my chair after seeing the first page.. please don't do that guys.)
Fear of Loud noises- Ligyrophobia. (Fireworks freak me out to a major extent. Popping stuff in an enclosed area... also not so good. Basically anything very loud and sudden.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom