What kind of job do you have?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm an Auto Claims Adjuster.

When someone gets in an automobile accident, they call us (Dominion of Canada General Insurance) and report their claim, upon receiving a claim I have four hours to make what we call first contact, where I have to take the details of the accident, witness information, if injuries were sustained etc... Then I have to contact the third party's insurance to determine;

a) if their insured has reported the accident and;
b) if their match the details that my insured gave to me.
c) if they accept the fault that I have determined, i.e. it was a 50-50 fault accident, if our insured was 0% at fault and their insured was 100% at fault etc...

Then I have to arrange a damage appraisal to determine the damages/if the car is a total loss, and the amount of money we are going to pay our insured and if the deductible applies. I am also in charge of arranging a rental if the insured needs one.

That is my job in a nutshell.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I work at a beer distributor. Basically, it's a small store which sells beer, it's my job to greet pretty much every customer and ask if they need any help. If they say yes, I get whatever it is they want and carry it out to their car. If people bring empty bottles / cans, i give them the money for that.

it's a pretty easy job and my boss is the man so I have no complaints.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a pretty easy job and my boss is the man so I have no complaints.
That can be such a life saver at work.

I didn't think I could find a bigger Ali G fan until I met the claims manager who I work directly under, we get along great.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I have several jobs.
1) Carer - I care for a few people here, just basically helping them out with they're everyday lives, like shopping, house work etc. I pull in about 300 bucks a week from it.

2) Work down at the warf, being a fishing town there is always work down there, and my father is the manager at stolts sea farm, I usually get called in a few nights a week and pays about 35 bucks an hour.

3) I do a bit of work down at Brenton's Radiators and tinting on mortlock terrace, Where I help rip out radiators, do peoples window tinting etc - I get alot of discounts, from the other local car enthusiast shops, And got all my cars tinted for free, and free radiator services, not to mention he also pays me on car parts and alcohol on top of it.

I'm also a volunteer fire fighter now, which can take allot of my time up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I currently work with the Floor Staff at a Regal (Edwards) Theater. I normally do theater checking; you know, making head-counts, ensuring the movie is playing correctly, kicking out people who break our rules. I once just about caught two punks lighting up Marijuana in a showing of "Redline", since I smelled the smoke. But by the time I had convened with a manager to tackle the situation and make sure what I suspected was correct, the damn movie was rolling credits and they were long gone.

I'm going to college right now at the Art Institute to train to work in 3D Animation. My theater job is just part-time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i make pizzas and prepare food at a greek steakhouse/pizzaplace

NeLo9

N
Im a Recovery associate at Bloomingdale's. We make the store look amaaazingly clean n pretty. Part time job, trying to see what I can do career wise. I was an actor but somewhere along my way, I was doing it for the wrong reasons so I stopped and now I'm just at a stand still w/myself and figuring out where I need to be..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm a manager at a video store part time while I'm saving for college to do respiratory therapy.

Best answers
I'm a CSA (customer service adviser) at the bank Abbey in the UK

That basically means I take pay in and take out money for people as they ask for it, I'm also trained in selling bank accounts and I'm currently learning how to sell mortgages

I'm also still at sixth form college doing my A-levels

Best answers
Freelance illustrator and prepress-designer with some websitedesign as well (design only, not code).. Other than that I'm studying arts and design at Saint-Lucas college, Ghent.

Best answers
I'm a plumber. I do what normal plumbers do, eating mushrooms, killing turtles, jumping down in sewers and saving princesses from overgrown turtles that breath fire. Nothing special...
Okay really, i get orders from my boss and i do them. Simple as that, probably everyone knows what plumbers do for real.

Best answers
now me

:rolleyes: i'm the moon, i come out at night, and watch over the earth.
lol

seriously though i'm sick... as in not very well.
i'm self emplyed which is great, beacuse right now i dont think it's a good idea if i work. btw even if i am sick, i'll still own you. >_<

my job is painting and decorating, i coulda gone for an office job, and get loaded in the long run. i'm just not interested in any of the secretary's so i gave that up >.>

I love being my own boss, i earn as much as i like out of the business, and i'm doing good. painting is one thing i can do while relaxing, and still do a descent job, and fairly quickly too.

but at night you'll see me in the sky >.< so if i'm around, just dont forget to look up >) i'll come down eventually, and when i do, you best be ready.

Best answers
I work at a restaurant

But im moving to get a teaching job next month

History teaching FTW

Best answers
I work at a restaurant

But im moving to get a teaching job next month

History teaching FTW
Just a warning from a student still in school, history teachers are ether the best or worst teachers in any school!

It's a fact ! so make sure your not the latter !

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im working at Nintendo of Europe in Gro?ostheim.
I dont know how its called in English, so i just say what im doing.

Im getting an paper with the products (Software or Hardware) and have to set them on pallets. Then i scan them in and prepare them for transport. When the truck is there we are loading them.Its pretty hard work at the moment cause of the "WII" >_>.
BUT im running for an position as an "Quality Control Inspector" more money less work and im not getting dirty anymore then ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a freelance 3d/concept artist. I'm also going through the game art and design course at AIA fulltime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have a few

1. IT/troubleshooting job at BP (used to be ARCO) refinery
2. piano instructor
3. currently an intern, will graduate next year in the med profession

Best answers
I'm a lonely moderator who works in the basement of a forum, and I lost my stapler.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm working for the summer as a lab technician at a chemical cleaning company. Basically, it's my job to run tests on samples they bring me during different phases of a cleaning. Right now, I'm sitting in our trailer at the Husky Petrolium Upgrader in a town called Lloydminster doing nothing in particular. I'm on a 12 hour night shift with literally nothing to do. We're having nap time atm.. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom