What kind of character would you be?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is basically a thread where you post what role/characteristics you would have in an Anime/Manga. Try to use your imagination and think logically (woah juxtaposition) to display your position.

Personally, I don't think I could be the leading male because I really can't take anything terribly seriously. No ultra cool powers but perhaps some sort of aid like Piggy from Lord of the Flies reassuring the main character with logic and poor jokes.

I don't think I'd be the butt of all jokes because I'm not a total jerk or easy to make fun of. Perhaps some sort of support character making jokes and annoying the main character along the way. I'm also kind of odd so I don't think I'd have many close friends.

I've done mine, let's see what you have!

P.S In the forum description for Anime/Manga, tolerated is misspelled. I mentioned it earlier but I don't think anyone noticed.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be a Captain America clone:

Trustworthy, charismatic, highly calculating, sexy (Yes), and I wouldn't need powers to kick some ass.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could be a lead role in a comedy that focuses on my plague of bad fortune yet I still somehow make things work. Hell, that's been my life for the past two years, except I'm the only one that finds the humour in my bad luck :/

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'd probably be someone who gets people out of messes and helps them. An empath of sorts, and a life-saver.

Best answers
A secondary character. Probably arrogant, full-of-himself ,lazy guy who likes acting superior over the other chars.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd probably be a mellow drunkard who smiles a lot, yet is too serious in some situations.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seem to be Krillin's clone. Good friend always ready to help, funny, and serious in serious situations. Also I am almost as short as he is.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who watch japanese cartoons exclusively sometimes act that way, but anime describes all animated series.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMO

West: cartoons

East: anime

People who watch japanese cartoons exclusively sometimes act that way, but anime describes all animated series.
What about anime movies that are not based of series NIX, HEY HEY!?!
GOSH!?!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about anime movies that are not based of series NIX, HEY HEY!?!
GOSH!?!
Those are called animated movies. Marvel/DC characters are in a lot of those, as well.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh and btw:

anime

–noun
a Japanese style of motion-picture animation, characterized by highly stylized, colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sexuality.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

"Although the term is used in Japan to refer to animation in general, in English usage the term most popularly refers to material originating from Japan, a subset of animation."

I prefer using the term for animation in general.

I know you want to argue, but at least pretend not to be here for that purpose by stating what kind of character you'd like to be.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.dictionary.com serves to give you the most commonly used definitions, not the context in which a word is used, which is what that wikipedia entry I linked you to gives us. If Anime is simply short for animation, and the Japanese use it to describe animation in general, I don't see why I should be forced to stick to a single definition. Again, I understand you're simply here to argue, but at least maintain the illusion that you would like to participate in this thread by answering the original poster's question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom