what is won ?

Best answers
my steam is not updating is there anyway i can play ? i heard about won but i dont wherre u can find it

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
WON (which stands for World Opponent Network) was the old "Master Server" of Half-Life to join servers which no longer exists for Half-Life, yet still exists for some games not related to Half-Life. Steam is the new software for Half-Life and It's games, plus Steam is also the new Master Server. In other words, you need Steam in order to play the Half-Life games, and the modifications such as Earth's Special Forces.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WON is the old network that came before Steam. It was used for Half-Life and all mods. But Steam was shut down long ago, and replaced with Steam.

You can no longer use WON to play online.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is however a WON2, but it's incredibly unstable and buggy, and I believe it only works for LAN games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theoretically, ESF will work with WON2 online, as it works with CS 1.5 and Half-Life. It is much buggier than WON, though, and crashes often. But I'm not going to tell you where to get it, since that would be, as Pain states: "giving information on how to bypass Steam." And for that I can get a warning, and possibly a ban. BTW, asking how to play with WON on these forums won't get you an answer, though it is possible, but these forums don't support it. The answer you will get is "Use Steam." So don't even try it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
Theoretically, ESF will work with WON2 online, as it works with CS 1.5 and Half-Life. It is much buggier than WON, though, and crashes often. But I'm not going to tell you where to get it, since that would be, as Pain states: "giving information on how to bypass Steam." And for that I can get a warning, and possibly a ban. BTW, asking how to play with WON on these forums won't get you an answer, though it is possible, but these forums don't support it. The answer you will get is "Use Steam." So don't even try it.
I'M GONNA SAY THIS FIRST: I'm not asking how to get won2 working on esf!!!!!!
- by having won2 i will be able to play on servers like the tournament server?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I doubt there are any Earth's Special Forces servers on WON2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There aren't any. As MC said, it is very buggy and unstable, it crashes often, and it basically screws up Half-Life. There are loads of servers with CS 1.5, and Half-Life. But besides that, there are no servers.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
webber said:
- by having won2 i will be able to play on servers like the tournament server?
no you wont, and thats good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeehaaw! i got won to work with won2, and works just FINE, now i can play cs 1.5 again with alots of servers! in steam u dont have but only 2-3 1.5, :) ty to u guys for telling me there is out one!

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Won , well won you can't play on steam servers , won and steam hate echother so it's not posible but on won you can play on lan and even fowerbeiong if you know who to ask it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true. but u can play online with won2 :) and u dont even need to dl anything xD just change the command line... but im not going to get myself banned so i stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom