What is the one video game that made you love gaming?

Best answers
Even though the Atari got me into gaming, I think the original Legend of Zelda for the NES made me a true gamer. What about you? What game really made you love video games?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the first Final Fantasy's I think. That's probably why out of all games I love RPG's the most.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrono Trigger. I'd been playing video games for a while when I first played CT, but that's the game that blew a hobby into an obsession. I love that game.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I am with origin, im still looking for a game who can compete with its plot..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 games

1.) Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos
2.) Defender of the Crown

Both for the NES

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GoldenEye 64

LEGENDARY

or anything on this...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
final fantasy 2/4

I had the SNES cart of it, but the battery was broken in it so i couldnt save, but i started over and over on that game so many times.

I wasnt able to finish it until I downloaded a rom of it many years later

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These days, you can use your awesome beard to power the SNES.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i started loving gaming as soon as i saw my godfather playing some platformer on Commodore 64. But i really got into gaming when i got my first better PC sometime during the mid of year 2000(yea pretty late)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Secret of Mana / A Link to the past. Can't decide between these two, and my yearly ritual is to beat both these on my birthday week.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic the Hedgehog II on the megadrive, and then Kirby's Dreamland on the GameBoy. Used to play them at relatives'/friends' houses, didn't have a console of my own until i was 11.
Grandia is the only game though to have me playing continuously for more than 14 hours (30+ hours clocked up without sleep!). Even my WoW addiction didn't stopped me from getting sleep

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic the Hedgehog II on the megadrive
This. If my memory is correct (It was a while until I played Sonic 1). That or the NES with Contra, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt and I believe there was an Avengers game.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started with Sonic (1-3), then I got a SNES for christmas with Super Mario World and it escalated from there. I still have all my snes games, just gotta get another snes that works. Now it plays with the picture upside down and in black and white...its ****ed. =p

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
SNES was my 1st console ever, it came packaged with the best game in the known universe....... Super Mario World.
I spent weeks upon weeks playing and replaying, and discovering, and speed running.
Its the one game that definitely confirmed me as a gamer.

[video=youtube;vctZg1TItQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctZg1TItQA&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same here. Super Mario Bros. I played it on Sega Mega Drive II.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are so many thoughout my life that made me love and hate gaming..

I mean from the start it was probably scorched earth.... used to play that game ALL THE TIME. It was amazing, loved the funky bombs.

Then later on I think my console love was born through altered beast, I played some stuff on atari before that, but I barely remember it.

Still the games that stand out the most would have to be Mario Kart (snes), Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, God Hand, Shadow of the Colossus, and the MGS series.... All those games are sooooooo good!

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me it started with the sega master system all sonic games on there PLUS the inbuilt game alex the kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom