What is the best defragmenter?

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sooooo..... I need to defragment my pc and I was told that many programs can make the job much better than the windows defragmenter. Does anyone know any software that can make the differece?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're running Windows XP or Vista, I'd go with Diskeeper. If you're running 7, it's probably more efficient than any third-party defragmentation tools you'll find.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In fact, it is very much fragmented. The processing takes much longer than it used to, and besides, I just passed 50GB to my external disk, wich also makes the hard-drive to get very fragmented. I'll try disk keeper then. Thanks Spunky.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its important to point out that the defragger built into XP, 2000 and 2003 is in fact a feature limited early version of Diskkeeper. Not sure how Vista and 7 stack up, but I've heard bad things about Vista's defragger in general.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The vista one is very meh - extremely slow at the least. Takes an eternity to defrag my 120 gig volume. And it has very little in the way of useful stats.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I would say Auslogics Disk Defrag.
-It's fast
-It's efficient
-It's FREE!!!

I am using it for some years now and I have to say that it gets the job done better then any other disk defrags that I have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom