what is qrad.exe?

Best answers
umm can some one tell me what is qrad.exe... it keeps saying ERROR ... qrad.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows... i press ok.. thinking nothing of it.. and i go into game to try and test my map and it sais the same thing about hl.exe? wtf is the problem it just started doing this all of a sudden? its really frustrating... some one plz help me ... thankss

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really cant help you, but I did do a quick search on google, and that is some file in worldcraft 3.3 But i cant help you anymore than that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's one of the compile tools that processes your map into a .bsp file.
It's ran at the end of the compile, and determines lighting with a process called radiosity. (Hence, RAD)
I've never encountered a problem like this before, so I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.
Are you using Zoner's Compile Tools? By the name qrad, I think you're using the default compile tools that came with Hammer.
Those work, but they don't do their job very well. Zoner's compile tools are optimized, provide good error reports, and have less bugs.
Download them <a href="http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?go=mhlt">here</a>, and set up Hammer so it uses them instead.
Hopefully Zoner's tools will fix the problem, or provide an error report telling why this is happening.

Best answers
OHHHH.. ok haha thanks that worked it stoped.. hmmm for some reason i thought i was allready using zoners? hmm must have never switched it to that oh well... thanks and my map if it tests out good, i will post some screen shots of it and maybe a download... hopefully you guys will like it = / ... hehe its my first map so, dont think its going to be all that kewl, but i have worked pretty hard on it.. but any way thanks for the help

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read my tutorial (link in my signature) for proper compile settings and how to map! Much more! :p

Best answers
never mind... i figured it out... it was just because i was using the wrong compiling tool... i was using hammers not zoners but i changed and it works now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom