What is dev journal?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not complete atm, but when its up its sort of like the teams personal diaries. Heres an example layout of a dev journal with 3 members:
Pcjoe[2/10/02]
Mastasurf[2/07/02]
SS vegeta[2/01/02]

When you click on the members name, it would take you to his portion of the page, showing you his personal news page. This is basically so we wont have to flood the main page with every new model/skin/code/whatever we create, making life a lot easier and organised.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And why would yours be the best? Cuz it has the most eyecandy cuz of the particle system. Infact i wouldnt mind seeing some screenshots of what you have acheived with the particle system.

BrunO

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blazer quit due to lack of interest:\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blazer has quit ESF? Lack of interest. I have never noticed ESF with more interest!

BrunO

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF not interesting? OUTRAGEOUS!

But I guess if he had more important things to do...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No paritcal system!...

/me hides under a rock. :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
HE WAS A SPY!!

lol kidding.. blazer is a ******

Best answers
lol

[sarcasm]Don't scare me[/sarcasm]

And I was talking about my Dev System. The one I created in code. It's the best. I will be interested to see how VT does his.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahahahaha, i was only kidding about the lack of interest thing, but he did quit(personal resons)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, way to trick me and make me look like a complete ass. I always like looking like an ass. Thanks PCJoe.

vt

V
Joe: could you get on IRC as soon as possible dude, i need to ask u a question! o_o

Blazer: I would like to see the backend of your system, how it is created... i know you posted this

JOURNAL SCRIPT STATS:
- Lines of PHP/MYSQL: 129
- Lines of HTML: 371
- Time Taken: 12 Hours+
- Cans of Pop drank: 15+
- Average time until going to bed: 2AM
Well, i can tell you mine

- Lines of PHP/MySQL: Unknown (I dont have my PHP API installed atm, the only text editor i have is notepad, and i dont fancy my chances of counting lines one by one - i will post this soon)
- Total size, including admin script = 39.4Kb
- Time taken: ~1 week
- Cans of coke: None, because i drank them all last week :(
- Average time until going to bed: I DIDNT SLEEP ;(

The system i use is very different to yours, and needs alot of fine tuning, but overall, i am very happy with it, since it is my first true mysql/php script :D

Also, my script will soon be either distributed as freeware, @ Sourceforge.Net or i will sell it for around $5 US, and provide the users with updates/upgrades. My script has a config.inc file, which contains the following (and more, but i have excluded some stuff for privacy reasons)

$page_title = "ESF Dev Journals";
$site_name = "Earth's Special Forces";
$db_server = "localhost";
$db_name = "journals";
$db_pass = "";
$db_user = "root";
$body_bgcolor = "#000000";
$body_text = "#FFFFFF";
$body_link = "#FFFFFF";
$body_vlink = "#FFFFFF";
$body_alink = "#FFFFFF";
$body_font = "Verdana";
$body_font_size = "10px";
$body_text_decoration = "none";
$body_hover_colour ="#00CCFF";
$body_hover_decoration = "none";
$error_msg_background_colour = "#FF0000";

simply change one of those, and it changes the way each page is displayed :)

My php code needs a little optimising, aka i have used a few functons twice, and stuff like that, so i need to go back in and fix that up -> but expect to see it operational on the ESF site within the next 24hrs :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats It VT i have had it up to here --> with all your spam any more like that and ur barred! :p (only Joking) (in fact im just lost i dont have a clue bout PHP/MYSQL)
Cool, thanx for keeping us updated on the progress of the site.
Correct me if im wrong Blazer wont need a Dev Journal if he is no longer in the team? Sad to see ya go, your ideas had lots of potential!

BrunO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom