What is being done to control hackers?

Best answers
Somebody once told me that VAC doesn't work on ESF, so hackers can hack as they please, is that true?

I've seen a few hackers lately, and am just wondering if VAC can actually detect these guys..

or is there another way? :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chances are, you're just fighting vetrans.

Everything thinks other people hack when they first play esf, trust me, some people really are that good.

Best answers
thanks for the post, but that didn't answer the question. Does VAC work with ESF?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are monsters, freakin monsters i tellsya O_O. Anyway i really doubt that u saw actual hackers, like Kama said, maybe they're just too damn good. Well if they like launch a homing Spirit Bomb at you or survive a full powered final flash direct hit, then yes they are hacking o_O

P.S. I really dont think that VAC works in ESF >_>

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe VAC2 works on ESF. Besides, why are you saying "no!" to Fire Phoenix saying that "VAC does work on ESF"?

One way of telling is when you enter a server it will say under the progress bar "This server is protected by VAC" or something similiar.

Best answers
MC said:
I believe VAC2 works on ESF. Besides, why are you saying "no!" to Fire Phoenix saying that "VAC does work on ESF"?

One way of telling is when you enter a server it will say under the progress bar "This server is protected by VAC" or something similiar.
nice, but i thought vac2 was only hl2?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, you are... thick headed or something. Yes VAC does work on ESF. Why? Because how do you think people get AIM bot and **** like that? They get it from counter strike and other mods with aim hacks. And VAC sees it and bans the person. What VAC doesn't protect against are scripts. Anyone can make a script and use it. And it's a lot harder to see if someone is using a script than a hack. And yes there is a fine line b/w a script and a hack.

Also, with something coming out (not VAC2 or anything STEAM related) no one will be able to script or hack in ESF ever again.

EDIT

By saying "great" to jakut, and by saying "no!" to me. Does that mean you are glad that VAC supposedly can't protect ESF against hacks? Because that's what it seems like.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Wow, you are... thick headed or something. Yes VAC does work on ESF. Why? Because how do you think people get AIM bot and **** like that? They get it from counter strike and other mods with aim hacks. And VAC sees it and bans the person. What VAC doesn't protect against are scripts. Anyone can make a script and use it. And it's a lot harder to see if someone is using a script than a hack. And yes there is a fine line b/w a script and a hack.

Also, with something coming out (not VAC2 or anything STEAM related) no one will be able to script or hack in ESF ever again.

EDIT

By saying "great" to jakut, and by saying "no!" to me. Does that mean you are glad that VAC supposedly can't protect ESF against hacks? Because that's what it seems like.
no, i copied and pasted the /quote tags wrong and misplaced them, but thanks for assuming that anyways ;/ and thanks for the info. and whats the release date for the 'something coming out'? sounds intriguing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good question. I don't know. Best talk to Sarutobi Sensei about it. He knows. If you don't know him. Then you soon will.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and youll probably wish you hadnt :)

but i saw a hacker a while back and it was insanely obvious as well, because of the clan he was in i wont name him but im a veteran myself and he was definitely hacking

so i dont think vac really works at all

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VAC doesn't work with ESF but I'm pretty sure VAC2 does work for third party mods that were previously unsupported.

Add -secure to your server command line.

Best answers
vac does not work correctly with esf, considering that hacks gotta prob be modified to work in this mod, and i doubt valve even has this game on their hard drives :(

so chances are low that valve will support esf, but we could always storm the valve forums and demand better treatment :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately most of the 'hacks' you see in ESF aside from speed hacks are just really cheap tactics. So there's not much that can be done without changing the mechanics of the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VAC does work for esf and all others, that doesnt really stop them from joining servers. because vac2 doesnt kick players out instantly when hacking. It observes and if they continue to constantly cheat, then they get banned from all vac servers.

How do I know? well i use a illegal wrapper thats being worked on to get legalized by valve, called a Bloom filter. they consider it a cheat since its a opengl wrapper and one of my acounts is banned from playing esf.

Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
VAC does work for esf and all others, that doesnt really stop them from joining servers. because vac2 doesnt kick players out instantly when hacking. It observes and if they continue to constantly cheat, then they get banned from all vac servers.

How do I know? well i use a illegal wrapper thats being worked on to get legalized by valve, called a Bloom filter. they consider it a cheat since its a opengl wrapper and one of my acounts is banned from playing esf.
that sucks, and ty for all the replies, i have my answer now. vac = works with esf. its a good thing esf is a small mod, or else we'd see a lot more hackers out there, since vac updates frequently and i doubt esf hacks do.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

arent bloom effects being used for that new chapter theyre releasing? why would they ban it?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot how the newer version of the VAC works though it can easily pick up changes [made by a third party program] which results in a ban.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
asneeb said:
or else we'd see a lot more hackers out there
Well thats not to true. Moastly people who played ESF didnt know how to use hacks. The ones who did know wer either pros who didnt think much of hacking or noobs who couldnt play good even with hacks ^^

But with VAC and some server rules hacks are allmoast gone (if not totaly gone) from ESF.

Anyhow the last hacker i saw was just after 1.2 got released. He was using a speedhack but didnt do much with it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom