What if there was a zombie epidemic?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
I was watching Land of the Dead when I got this idea:
<O:p</O:p
What would you do if one day, all chaos breaks loose? Every television and radio station starts broadcasting reports of the recently deceased are somehow coming back to life. You hear reports that this epidemic is occurring in all parts of the world, and that the military is failing to keep all of these incidents contained. You also hear reports that the reanimated dead are attacking people and consuming them. The cause of the epidemic is unknown, and most of the theories state that the cause is radiation, a virus, a plague, the end of all mankind's existence, or gas contained in a satellite that crashed to Earth. Later in the day there are less radio or television stations available, and the ones that are available are advising everyone to stay inside.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

What would you do?

The type of zombie that I am speaking of is the type we all know and love. They are the old fashion zombies that walk towards their prey (there are some that run, but they are rare). Their only goal is to feed. They cannot use weapons, and their is no organization as there was in Land of the Dead; they are not trying to find a home, they are trying to find food. Zombies are your main problem, no mutants, no zombie dogs, no mutated worms, or frogs, just pure zombie survival.

Also, these zombies are not able to rip apart their victims as if they were paper like they did in Land of the Dead, so you have a chance of making it through without getting your head ripped off by a midget zombie. To stay true to the zombie genre, once you're bitten, might as well kill yourself.
There is a zombie epidemic. It's called Congress. *duck*

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I would get a hot air baloon full of cans of beans and float on until the danger passes.

KyoKusanagi

K
Gather up my friends and loved ones and split into two groups. One to find a secure place to lock down and barricade, the other group to round up weapons, ammunition and supplies.

As for the place, I'm not too sure. You'd ideally be looking for somewhere quiet and remote with as little windows and entry points as possible - so maybe an underground fallout shelter would be good but if invaded, would leave you with no means of escape.

A cash office at a large business would be good too (again the singular entry point) but is nigh on impossible to break into without tools or explosives - but since the doors require electricity to open and shut, thats a no go either.

I figure if it was Shaun Of The Dead, me and my mate's would be able to take em on with 2 by 4s and cricket bats. Dawn of the Dead\Land Of The Dead - we'd be screwed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Video games taught us how to combat zombies! They are actually good for something! Rejoice! o/

Jack Thompson, eat your heart out. :p

+pumps Benelli M3 shotgun+

Best answers
Well , I'd arm myself with every airosol can in my house as many lighters as I could find , and some newspaper.

Wrap 1 airosol can in newspaper light and throw.

Phase 2 , wear sweaters and as many pairs of jeans as I think I could run in at once.

Next would have to be get the longest knife from the kitchen that has a leather holder so I don't stab myself with it.

Then a cricket bat and as many sharpend stumps as I can carry.

I'd also carry around some sort of off the cabanate drug to overdose on to kill myself if I got bitten.

A day would probably consist of camping down and killing any zombies that were too close for comfort. Survive on freezer food for a while , see how I did. Maby take my dad's car to the supermarket to raid as much food as I could then getting home.

I'd learn how to deal with zombies as I went along , depends how they track people. If they can only sense movement sound or body heat I'd try and exploit that somehow.

Might even arm myself with a shovel from the garden , they work bloody well for sliceage and whackage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hole up with my aunt out in the country with plenty of firearms, munitions, and food.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come to think of it, I doubt bladed weapons would really work well, since they get dull after a while from cutting through bone and flesh, plus it takes great physical effort to swing something for extended periods of time - which is what I assume would happen when you're being gangraped by a few dozen zombies.

Then again, if you can cut off a zombie's head in one swift strike, it'd save you tons of ammo in the end.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
being that i have a key to the dixons store i work in, which has access to all the other stores (via the warehouse, and the jimmying/forcing of some locks) in the entire shopping complex.

i would gather people important to me, take them to dixons, lock ourselves in, enjoy watching movies on all the tv's in the store. the glass is very heavily reinforced, and theres plenty of stuff that can be used as weapons if push came to shove.

not to mention, as i mentioned, access to the other stores would give a pretty much limitless supply of food for one family. and the mall is big enough (with all the external doors lockable too) that we could exercise safely if we had to.

id take my rifles too i guess... but those would probably end up being used to shoot stupid things, rather than zombies.

my plan sounds so mundaine... i wish i could come up with something as whitty as "id do my car up with scythes on the wheels, and run as many of the ****ers down as i could"...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mundane does not always mean boring, my old friend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
especially not the way i spell it :p

Best answers
well id have to say that if there was one id take my double bladed sword (kinda like a doubled edged lightsaber but when u unsheath it it becomes two blades) and 2 Dessert Eagle Pistols stap on the pistols and carry the sword and just try to avoid the zombies and carve up as many as i could and if i were to get abushed somehow id just simply have the grenades i have riged to exlode by pulls a string on my vest and pull about 5 grenade pins and take as many of those *#%@ers with me straight to hell

KyoKusanagi

K
Some kind of rapid fire weapon would be best for taking down hordes of the undead - say an M60. Given enough ammo you'd be able to put a fair dint in the zombie populace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom