What if there was a zombie epidemic?

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
I was watching Land of the Dead when I got this idea:
<O:p</O:p
What would you do if one day, all chaos breaks loose? Every television and radio station starts broadcasting reports of the recently deceased are somehow coming back to life. You hear reports that this epidemic is occurring in all parts of the world, and that the military is failing to keep all of these incidents contained. You also hear reports that the reanimated dead are attacking people and consuming them. The cause of the epidemic is unknown, and most of the theories state that the cause is radiation, a virus, a plague, the end of all mankind's existence, or gas contained in a satellite that crashed to Earth. Later in the day there are less radio or television stations available, and the ones that are available are advising everyone to stay inside.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

What would you do?

The type of zombie that I am speaking of is the type we all know and love. They are the old fashion zombies that walk towards their prey (there are some that run, but they are rare). Their only goal is to feed. They cannot use weapons, and their is no organization as there was in Land of the Dead; they are not trying to find a home, they are trying to find food. Zombies are your main problem, no mutants, no zombie dogs, no mutated worms, or frogs, just pure zombie survival.

Also, these zombies are not able to rip apart their victims as if they were paper like they did in Land of the Dead, so you have a chance of making it through without getting your head ripped off by a midget zombie. To stay true to the zombie genre, once you're bitten, might as well kill yourself.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
I'd arm myself as best I could and stay in wide-open spaces (cornering victims is the zombies' trump card) like a street or a field. I'd probably still get eaten eventually though.
 
Live free or die by the sword
💻 Oldtimer
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
7,416
Best answers
0
Gather up freinds and family and make a strong hold somewhere with plenty of food and water.

Zombies rot faster than food in cans.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Do these zombies run or do they just walk towards you? If they can run, I'll go to the nearest military installation (which is like 2 miles away) and arm myself. If they walk, then theres no reason to be afraid. You can basically run circles around those guys and they won't be able to catch you.
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Zeonix said:
Do these zombies run or do they just walk towards you? If they can run, I'll go to the nearest military installation (which is like 2 miles away) and arm myself. If they walk, then theres no reason to be afraid. You can basically run circles around those guys and they won't be able to catch you.
Well, there would be a mix of those that can run, and those that walk. The ones that can run are rare but they are still out there.

If I heard all that information on the television, I would relocate myself, since I don't think staying in one place, no matter how safe it is, would be a good idea. I would try to find a gun store (that is if there are still weapons left in it) and load up. I would also find a vehicle, preferably one with a roof, and load it up with weapons, food, and gas. I would try my best to not stick with other survivors (George Romero's main conflicts in his movies being between Humans rather than Humans and Zombies).
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Wait, are these zombies going to suddenly start learning crap and begin to use guns? Are they just looking for a place to call home?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
2,462
Best answers
0
I'd be pissed of if I was eaten by a zombie.

You give me a fully-armed military base and a flame thrower, I'd be satisfied.
 
New Member
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
32
Best answers
0
Ravendust said:
I'd arm myself as best I could and stay in wide-open spaces (cornering victims is the zombies' trump card) like a street or a field. I'd probably still get eaten eventually though.
You are incorrect sir. It would be a team battle. I would do the exact same thing. Then it would be like one of those climatic yet cheesy scenes where we both run out of ammo at the same time while they just surround us in a circle.
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
5,935
Best answers
0
I'd save the entire world, ofcourse. How, I do not wish to reveal, but rest assured, when the day does come (and it will), you shall find out.
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Zeonix said:
Wait, are these zombies going to suddenly start learning crap and begin to use guns? Are they just looking for a place to call home?
I hated that in Land of the Dead, I think Bub should have been the only intellegent zombie (Day of the Dead).

I'll edit my first post to include more details, I apologize for the confusion.
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
Oh. In that case Im punching every zombie in the balls.
 
New Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
520
Best answers
0
Id go to a water tower..with an axe..and food..and stay at the top of the ladder chopping off zombies heads as they came 1 by 1 up the ladder..water tower would be first place..eventually id try to move and find some sort of building that only has 1 lower ladder access so that i can look down and knock off the zombies as they try to climb up the ladder with an axe..id also get as many women as possible..and kill off all the males and ugly women...that way they would be forced to repopulate the human race with me and we could start a new human race full of good looking people...:eek:
 
New Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
511
Best answers
0
i would grab a chainsaw and a boomstick and spout cheesey one liners, while killing them
 

MC

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
3,989
Best answers
0
Nabeshin said:
i would grab a chainsaw and a boomstick and spout cheesey one liners, while killing them
That sounds like a plan.

Chang Wufei said:
Id go to a water tower..with an axe..and food..and stay at the top of the ladder chopping off zombies heads as they came 1 by 1 up the ladder..water tower would be first place..eventually id try to move and find some sort of building that only has 1 lower ladder access so that i can look down and knock off the zombies as they try to climb up the ladder with an axe..id also get as many women as possible..and kill off all the males and ugly women...that way they would be forced to repopulate the human race with me and we could start a new human race full of good looking people...:eek:
I don't think zombies are able to climb ladders... the only zombies I remember ever really climbing something that steep (from a movie of course) was in Land of the Dead (which you don't have to worry about those kind of zombies).

Zeonix said:
Oh. In that case Im punching every zombie in the balls.
I wonder if that would actually be effective... what happens if your up against a female zombie though?

Don't forget to pick up a copy of this book from your local book store: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400049628/ref=pd_sim_books_3/104-2015507-1345514?v=glance&s=books
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
378
Best answers
0
i don't like violence if i'd bee ataked by zombies i'd probally go to a weapon shop take a gun two 3 for and scater the brains of all living humans then scatter the brains of all zombies then ise a c4 to eradicate all the living creatoures of the earth then scatter the brains of me
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
368
Best answers
0
VeGeTTo said:
i don't like violence if i'd bee ataked by zombies i'd probally go to a weapon shop take a gun two 3 for and scater the brains of all living humans then scatter the brains of all zombies then ise a c4 to eradicate all the living creatoures of the earth then scatter the brains of me
give me ET-2000(the big matel dude in first episode of robocop..)
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
3,999
Best answers
0
MC said:
what happens if your up against a female zombie though?
The term "necropheliac" comes to mind...
 
New Member
Retired Forum Staff
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
674
Best answers
0
Go 'Shaun of the Dead' on their asses!

I don't have a cricket bat but my brother's electric guitar has a pretty solid feel to it. That'd do.. at least until I break into whatever passes for a weapons store in this god-forsaken country. There's swords here somewhere..
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
368
Best answers
0
Engar said:
Go 'Shaun of the Dead' on their asses!

I don't have a cricket bat but my brother's electric guitar has a pretty solid feel to it. That'd do.. at least until I break into whatever passes for a weapons store in this god-forsaken country. There's swords here somewhere..
first u need to create(or clone whatever.....) raptor-zord in reality(they can eat zombie... and they had unlimit stomach so we still in danger...)

second, summon T-rex in reality(like i said...clone....)

third, u need to prepare a full body matel armor(steel would be good) and M3 shotty, super shotty, chaingun, minigun, flamer gun, deagle pistal, egon, railgun, BFG 100K(i recommand u to use it if u screw up....) nuke grenade(if u bitting by those zombie.....use to suicide...)
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
652
Best answers
0
Yeah... or you could just nuke the whole ****in planet. But Im guessing thats out of the question since we all want to survive and all.

If I get my 4-wheeler fixed, then I could just hop on that and run them all over.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top