What happens after you die?

G
Hehe, reminds me of The Force, but without the lightning, super space technology and plot conveniences.
The force was based on Bhuddism and other eastern philosophies, so it makes sense.

And my take on Death? I used to be a realist, but I'm slowly becoming more spiritual/optimistic. Basically, this song;
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihpxdZFV3Ck[/ame]

Gamers - Desire (Host)
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
IMO there is no heaven or hell etc., if you're dead you've made it to the final stage and get ranked into the highscore, or killed by the bossmonster.

So nothing happens.. you're just dead, thats it.

~skizer

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's what I was getting at, but it puts me in awe how organisms do that. What sensors tell the organisms genes to change over a long period of time?
The changes occur as genes from a parent are passed onto it's offspring, generation after generation. However, the genes of the parent can change before passing them onto their offspring, usually by way of mutation (if I'm not mistaken). Then, there's natural selection. Which can involve a parent dying from the inability to sustain itself before producing offspring, or offspring inheriting genes from the parent that may limit it's survival.

There's more to it than that, but that's my basic understanding of biological evolution.

And if all these changes are about survival, that could mean that the life we are living is the only life, and it is not about the individual going somewhere after death, but that the species continues to thrive.
The changes a species undergoes generation after generation are more about adaptation than survival.

But still, I stand by the notion that there is still much we do not know. I know using place holders like beliefs and faith can be kind of the "easy way out", but I think post-death ideas are just as elusive as "why are we here" ideas.
Our knowledge and understanding of the universe and everything in it is limited. Always has and always will be.

I really do not know what happens when we die, and I do not want to dwell on it. People who have died are still in my memory and left their mark somehow in our world. And matter is never destroyed, so as we decompose, I guess we are feeding the engine for the world, and the circle continues, because IT'S THE CIIIIIRCLEEEEEEE OOOOOOF LIIIIIIIIFE.
Which is one of the reasons why I don't understand the need to store the deceased in coffins. Let alone make any attempts to keep the body from decomposing.

Diogenes of Sinope had the right idea:

When asked how he wished to be buried, he left instructions to be thrown outside the city wall so wild animals could feast on his body. When asked if he minded this, he said, "Not at all, as long as you provide me with a stick to chase the creatures away!" When asked how he could use the stick since he would lack awareness, he replied "If I lack awareness, then why should I care what happens to me when I am dead?"
fortnox said:
The force was based on Bhuddism and other eastern philosophies, so it makes sense.
The Force was based on the concept of qi. The Jedi were based on the samurai and their beliefs were based on Buddhism.

Jeez...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't understand the concept of ressurection. for one, how does the population increase if people just keep on getting reincarnated, that must mean there's a set amount of people that can live? Well you probably believe that new live can be formed...but what if the world population decreases...what happens to the excess humans that were supposed to be reincarnated?
Well as you know, nothing can come from nothing. The "souls" if you want to call them that, that get reincarnated into new bodies, must have been created in some way, and I believe they are still being created. Therefore, when the population increases, it's because new souls are being "created" and they need bodies. On the other hand, if the population decreases, that must mean that the "excess humans" that you're thinking of have achieved Nirvana, and no longer need bodies. (see my earlier post as to how I believe Nirvana is achieved.) That's what I think happens anyway, though I haven't given this particular part of the story much thought.

Best answers
Hm, interessing topic. And I got a simple answer for myself too. There is no heaven, no hell, there nothing for the man or woman who died if u see him/her as a thinking, living person with an own consciousness.

However, everything in the universe is based on these small little atoms, so is ur body and when ur body falls abart "your" atoms will go somewhere, become a part of something else... maybe first the ground where u are buried, then maybe water... and maybe somehow, sometime in the future become a part of another human being... if u want to call that reincarnation u can ;).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hm, interessing topic. And I got a simple answer for myself too. There is no heaven, no hell, there nothing for the man or woman who died if u see him/her as a thinking, living person with an own consciousness.

However, everything in the universe is based on these small little atoms, so is ur body and when ur body falls abart "your" atoms will go somewhere, become a part of something else... maybe first the ground where u are buried, then maybe water... and maybe somehow, sometime in the future become a part of another human being... if u want to call that reincarnation u can ;).
That's another thing. Matter is impossible to destroy, yet it can change forms. Naturally, the matter from the remains of a deceased person can be part of the matter of a new human. It's common sense.

Best answers
Sure, I wanted to point out that reincarnation is also possible in a logical/scientific way. My body could have been set together from the matter of 1 million other humans/animals/cars etc., but that doesnt affect my consciousness, so Im no copy of someone else that died. These things may be a part of my but that doesnt affect my thinking. My oppinion ;).

G
The Force was based on the concept of qi. The Jedi were based on the samurai and their beliefs were based on Buddhism.

Jeez...
I know. In other words, "Bhuddism and other eastern philosophies".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom