What happens after you die?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We don't even completely understand dark matter/dark energy, among many other mysteries, so I would not be surprised if we don't know what happens when we die.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We don't even completely understand dark matter/dark energy, among many other mysteries, so I would not be surprised if we don't know what happens when we die.
Quoted for the truth!
The thing is i would like to be surprised with some news about the after life.

Best answers
The general procedure is that the first few years, people come to visit you at your grave, but after a while they forget about you and then they die and before you know it, your grave is being removed because somebody paid more money.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
May I ask why you believe this / how you came to this conclusion? Don't get me wrong, it's cool, I've just never heard that before.
Not exactly sure. Some of it comes to talking to others about theirs and my beliefs and some of it is just thought on my own. To me, it answers the questions I want answered. It is, of course, just as much a shot in the dark as anyone else's guess.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's an interesting question:

Why must something happen after you die?
Why not?

I'll start worrying about it when I die. I'm expecting heaven but something else might surprise me.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How does "something happening after we die" make one's life meaningful?

If nothing happens after we die, then one's life was meaningless?
To other people? No.

Force Pit Member
Best answers

If you don't understand the concept, then I'm really not going to bother explaining it to you. I'm too lazy.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm pretty sure this is where Jesus comes into the thread and says you're trolling, even though you're not.

Anyway, back on topic, don't mind MC.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would he get the idea that I'm trolling? I'm merely asking questions as they pertain to the topic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It's just hard to swallow. All this **** we go through in our lives, and it just ends like that? Game over? Makes sense. But why are we capable of doing things no other species can do? Why would nature make humans so different from the rest of the animal kingdom? Given the way the world cycles through life and death, how organisms adapt to their surroundings and evolve over time, I just think there is a piece of the puzzles we are missing.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just hard to swallow. All this **** we go through in our lives, and it just ends like that? Game over? Makes sense. But why are we capable of doing things no other species can do? Why would nature make humans so different from the rest of the animal kingdom? Given the way the world cycles through life and death, how organisms adapt to their surroundings and evolve over time, I just think there is a piece of the puzzles we are missing.
Because of evolution. Really, it's that simple.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because of evolution. Really, it's that simple.
Yeah that's what I was getting at, but it puts me in awe how organisms do that. What sensors tell the organisms genes to change over a long period of time? And if all these changes are about survival, that could mean that the life we are living is the only life, and it is not about the individual going somewhere after death, but that the species continues to thrive.

But still, I stand by the notion that there is still much we do not know. I know using place holders like beliefs and faith can be kind of the "easy way out", but I think post-death ideas are just as elusive as "why are we here" ideas.

And then you have nihilism. We are just because. We die and that's it. Repeat. Goes against human logic, but maybe our nature could be flawed. But that also seems to convenient.

I really do not know what happens when we die, and I do not want to dwell on it. People who have died are still in my memory and left their mark somehow in our world. And matter is never destroyed, so as we decompose, I guess we are feeding the engine for the world, and the circle continues, because IT'S THE CIIIIIRCLEEEEEEE OOOOOOF LIIIIIIIIFE.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I actually believe in a form of rebirth, if you can call it that, or shall I say, I think it's the most likely thing to happen after death (because there's always a chance that I'm wrong.). Suprisingly, it was Zeonix that "opened my eyes" and I'll essentially be repeating what he said on these very forums a while ago, with a few added spices of my own.

Namely, the life of each human, I believe, is a quest to experience and learn as much as you possibly can, and when the time comes when we can no longer experience or learn anything new, we die. Then, we're taken to a place that for the time being does not need to be named, after which all our memories and experiences are transferred into a newborn body that's about to come into the world.

However, this newborn doesn't consciously remember anything that happened in his "former life"; the memories are supressed, in order to allow the new experiences the newborn will go through throughout his life, to be as unbiased as possible. However, even though the memories are supressed, they allow the lessons learned in the previous lives to be learned much more quickly in the current life (and, I think it is possible to make these memories surface, partially and temporarily of course, through hypnosis.). When the newborn dies, the circle continues. And it goes on and on like that, until one day we learn enough, as much as we possibly can at our human potential, we "ascend" to a Nirvana-like existence, level 2, if you will. What happens after that, I don't know for sure and I don't think there's any way of finding out, but I guess I'll find out when the time comes. That is, if any of this is remotely correct, if not, tough luck, I guess.

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's an interesting question:

Why must something happen after you die?
Some people need to believe that there is more out there than the 70 or so years we get. Others ask that question out of curiosity

Why? Probably a multitude of reasons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that since you don't have any brain activity when you die it isn't like an eternal sleep. I think your brain is what houses your soul (which is also in accordance with Jewish mysticism or Kabbalah, not the Madonna kind). Therefore, when you die I think your soul leaves your body and goes to heaven, which I haven't learned about in detail according to Judaism, but I do believe in heaven. Hopefully it's something like Valhalla, because Valhalla is awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand the concept of ressurection. for one, how does the population increase if people just keep on getting reincarnated, that must mean there's a set amount of people that can live? Well you probably believe that new live can be formed...but what if the world population decreases...what happens to the excess humans that were supposed to be reincarnated?

Another thing, if reincarnation is where you have rebirth, but have no recollection of your previous life, it's kind of like a new life all together, you have no connection to your past, so you're not reincarnated if you know what I mean? It's difficult to explain my feelings about this, I don't know how to express it.

I believe that something happens after you die, i'm not sure at this moment, but i'm hoping for something in the lines of eternal paradise or heaven...I find it pointless living if there's nothing to live for. You build a life with relationships, money, power, etc. then you die, you did all that just so that you can die? I don't feel like i've accomplished anything with this temporary 'satisfaction' by making the most of my life, it only lasts for the duration you live then all is lost.

to be honest, i'm just confused about anything related to post life, maybe I can become a Godking in a different dimension, or a slimy worm living in the amazon, who knows? I guess i'll just live my life as if everyday was my last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom