What happened to the Mapping community?

Best answers
How come as of late, there have been almost no maps showcased for ESF. Have we hit the point where no one really wants to put forth the effort for Half-Life 1 games anymore? What's the deal guys! So many maps for ESF have been absolutely phenomenal, and if compared side-by-side to the default half-life 1 levels would look like they were being run on a different engine!

I know I speak for many when I say that playing in a really cool map is almost more than half the fun.

MC

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
SaberClash said:
How come as of late, there have been almost no maps showcased for ESF. Have we hit the point where no one really wants to put forth the effort for Half-Life 1 games anymore? What's the deal guys! So many maps for ESF have been absolutely phenomenal, and if compared side-by-side to the default half-life 1 levels would look like they were being run on a different engine!

I know I speak for many when I say that playing in a really cool map is almost more than half the fun.
You can't expect us mappers to map forever, eventually something is going to require our attention, making it nearly impossible to focus on mapping.

Best answers
I understand that mappers have other things to do than just create maps. However, I was just noticing the fact that there really haven't been any at all lately. DJ-Ready, I'mkongkong, CrazyTaxi, and so many more mappers out there made so many good maps. I just miss seeing new screenshots of works in progress, and looking forward to their release.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
kong and Ready are in the esf team.... they would rarly come out with a public fun map release.
crazytaxi? havnt seen him for ages.

its time to get new mappers borned.... thats the cirlce of life.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
EvilT@xi is working on TS (3.0 to be released soon yay!)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
WHAT i wasnt on that list :(

/goes to cry in the corner/

In any case i just got a case of the lazys ^^

When that sover i got a former BTL map ready for release ^^

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Bad case of the lazys.. I havn't attempted a map in forever.

Maybe I'll use this coming weekend to start planning a new map. (by "plan a map" I mean, make donnie do all the hard work)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Raeku said:
Bad case of the lazys.. I havn't attempted a map in forever.

Maybe I'll use this coming weekend to start planning a new map. (by "plan a map" I mean, make donnie do all the hard work)
How about finishing that king Kai planet you started ^^

Oh wait that was theo ^^

Why not just finish theos map ^^

Best answers
Grega said:
When that sover i got a former BTL map ready for release ^^
If you dont release that, you're going to the hungry moocows of doom.
lol.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
vinay87 said:
If you dont release that, you're going to the hungry moocows of doom.
lol.
Dont worry. I just have to place some entitys. About 120 entityes ^^

Than its done. Would be good if i cuold aso get a model going but if i cant i can still use sprites for that ^^

Here is a treat so you may be able to figure out wich of my 2 BTL maps i mean.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9186/blitz0003pu4.jpg

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
still waitin for you to release something publically xD

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Grega said:
How about finishing that king Kai planet you started ^^

Oh wait that was theo ^^

Why not just finish theos map ^^
I was doing a Korin's Tower map a while ago, but thanks to KongKong!! It'll have to go to the trash can. (I still <3 you kongkong, its just that you hax at mapping) My silly korin's tower map doesn't even compare to the new one..

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
still waitin for you to release something publically xD
I released 2 things already. Both hosted on esf-world. esf_ginyu and s2k_tournament mappack (thisone is also on HL2 files XD)

But yea most other things were scrapped or are still waiting for some stuff. Like 2 models for my island map >.<

Best answers
Grega said:
I released 2 things already. Both hosted on esf-world. esf_ginyu and s2k_tournament mappack (thisone is also on HL2 files XD)

But yea most other things were scrapped or are still waiting for some stuff. Like 2 models for my island map >.<
Can you put the ginyu map on hl2files? ESFW is temporarily in HFIL... so...

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No offence to the esf team, but ever since open beta got released I just stopped mapping, it kinda spoiled it for me, but I didn't say I entirely quit mapping, I guess laziness also fits in there somewhere ^^

Oh and i'm raeku's manslave so I'll get forced to make a map, you never know, I have a grandkaiplanet map that I made last year, let's just hope it never got deleted when I cleared my desktop, it was a map with grandkai's mansion and the otherworld, I used teleport entity.

Another reason why I halted my mapping is because of the laziness of others *cough* esf-world *cough*, I uploaded many of my maps on there, and not even one of them appeared at the mapping list, I tried that for about a year, I did upload some maps to hl2files.com and they are there, but there are many maps I didn't publicly release because I never had motivation to finish them:(

I'll see what I can scrap together, I might release something, but I can't promise anything, maybe raeku will force me into making something.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
No offence to the esf team, but ever since open beta got released I just stopped mapping, it kinda spoiled it for me, but I didn't say I entirely quit mapping, I guess laziness also fits in there somewhere ^^

Oh and i'm raeku's manslave so I'll get forced to make a map, you never know, I have a grandkaiplanet map that I made last year, let's just hope it never got deleted when I cleared my desktop, it was a map with grandkai's mansion and the otherworld, I used teleport entity.

Another reason why I halted my mapping is because of the laziness of others *cough* esf-world *cough*, I uploaded many of my maps on there, and not even one of them appeared at the mapping list, I tried that for about a year, I did upload some maps to hl2files.com and they are there, but there are many maps I didn't publicly release because I never had motivation to finish them:(

I'll see what I can scrap together, I might release something, but I can't promise anything, maybe raeku will force me into making something.
You know as well as me that esf-world had a problem with the host. Noone could add files to the site cause the admin controls were broken. Hence why DJ swiched servers with esf-w v6.

but yea. The 1.3 maps are to good to compeat XD Thats why im trying to outfunction them using more entitys (like the destructable buildings thing)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Maybe all us "mappers" should unite, and attempt a new map. One that could compete with these "1.3" maps??

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe, for motivation, we should make a mapping competition. And make a poll about the best map.
Dunno about rewards, maybe just for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom