what happened here?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously. I've been gone for .. a while, and I get back to see almost one, maybe two replies a DAY in the artwork forum. Replies, not even new art... have people just lost interest or something? Because personally I find it a little hard to believe that with so many people coming here, almost no new pieces being posted is just, well, a shame. There used to be so many artists here, all of them eager to finish their current project just so they can start the next one.

I ask myself... what happened to those people?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had my manical sig spurr, but it kinda ended. So now im just sitting back doing nothing. Oh and i sometimes answer to Sig Requests but i don't post topics like "New SIG!!!"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the community probably did what it always does: *****, complain, and accuse until everyone has left. When certain people left, I'm sure others felt there was no longer a reason to post their pieces since there wasn't really anyone with advanced knowledge left to judge them or help them improve.

Don't worry though. I painted a portrait of Mr. Puggles and sent it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and told them if they wanted to see the rest of my work, they should visit the forum. They should be here any day now.

Any day now.

:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the community probably did what it always does: *****, complain, and accuse until everyone has left. When certain people left, I'm sure others felt there was no longer a reason to post their pieces since there wasn't really anyone with advanced knowledge left to judge them or help them improve.
Hmm. This is.. wow. Something with a nail and head comes to mind.

Best answers
Well yea.. Only stuff that gets posted around here is paint stuff that isn't even advanced enough.. Sometimes you see someone popup like likued, but apart from the 2-3 'zomg godly'-replies, you get nothing.. Then a paintdrawing is posted, and 50 ppl jump in to state how the artist is a god of gods.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For an example of what Bolteh means, read my threads.

Bunch of sycophants.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yea.. Only stuff that gets posted around here is paint stuff that isn't even advanced enough.. Sometimes you see someone popup like likued, but apart from the 2-3 'zomg godly'-replies, you get nothing.. Then a paintdrawing is posted, and 50 ppl jump in to state how the artist is a god of gods.
Unfortunately.. too true. It's not that paintdrawing isn't considered an art in my eyes, but at least comment on other stuff as well. I really don't have a standard about a certain amount of awesomeness a project must have before being considered art, but.. there has been like 3, maybe 4 new pieces posted here in a week. And after reading the "omg 20,000 members" thread, I can't help but wonder where the people that would like their art get critisized and commented on, have gone.

I miss them.

Best answers
Well, I posted something few days ago to catch soms crits to improve, the only reply i got was "they're weak!".. Yay helpful :(

Oh, and then I asked why they are weak, he never replied.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is nothing what is amazing us, thats the point tbh.

also back in the days, there had been much more people around who knew about what theyre talking, but they where all newb bac then, not they get a rid of here and go further.

here tis mostly only a newb community.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And here I was being scared to post anything because.. well.. I remember the last time I used a stock, yes a STOCK PICTURE, I got accused of being a ripper for not crediting the original maker of the stock. I'll be glad to post my latest piece, or pieces, but the least I can ask for is some constructive criticism isn't it?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, when you have potential Vincent Goghs (like me) painting horses, you just can't go wrong?

Am I right?

Right?

:paper: <----This is an abstract post. What relevance does this paper icon have? Think hard, and look deep.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I look at it like this.

This is a HL mod forum... you can't expect the artwork section to be a national museum.

Though, the place was rather busy... but with the lack of progress in the mod, so followed the lack of activity on parts of the forum.

Who knows... maybe the open beta will spark a ressurgance on all fronts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.. in all honesty, I was never here for the mod. ;)

And this place WAS a treasury. There used to be so many artists creating so many good pieces. And a good place to start rekindling people's interest in art would be to start commenting on everything that does gets posted.

I don't know. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. :(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I havn't been here for to long. But i reallized that ppl DO see the artwork forums
But either are too lazy to post. either artworks are too bad so they don't post.
Althought i like posting my work..that dosn't mean everyobne does.

Best answers
I've been drawing alot now, but i don't post them on this forum, coz it's a waste of time, i was hoping someone to give me a crit or two, but all i get is some words, like: not bad, could be better,u're lame,etc. So that's propably the reason...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I've been drawing alot now, but i don't post them on this forum, coz it's a waste of time, i was hoping someone to give me a crit or two, but all i get is some words, like: not bad, could be better,u're lame,etc. So that's propably the reason...
I think that if you post some of your work. Me or some one else will definetly post
I check all artwork threads. and post where i feel like

Best answers
people are getting too lazy thats the sad part:p they just look at threads and dont reply, dont post... thats the problem:scared:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom