what grinds your gears?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, at the moment its people using the word "alot".

the word doesnt exist, it has no meaning, or it has two, depending on how you look at it.

alott - something assigned as a portion, to allocate, an allotment.

a lot - many of something.

i see a lot of people saying "hey thanks alot". its almost as bad as spelling boy "boi". its degrading and retarded, it makes you look stupid, and it makes me angry.

-_-

KyoKusanagi

K
This "Lindsay Lohan." Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT. Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. YOU WANT NOTHING. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
This "Lindsay Lohan." Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT. Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. YOU WANT NOTHING. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.
this is a serious thread, next person to quote family guy gets a warning.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who complain about others' spelling when their own is far from, how do you say, perfect.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
People who complain about others' spelling when their own is far from, how do you say, perfect.
People who won't do the Bruce Lee pose.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
my complaint wasnt about a spelling, it was about the misuse of a word which doesnt exist.

but i agree, my spelling sucks =[

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What really grinds my gears, are people who don't know the difference between:

Your
You're

Where
Were
We're

Their
There
They're

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Getting sick. Yesterday I seemed to have gotten food poisoning or something else rather nasty that lasted for about 14 or so hours starting at 5 AM. As if nausea and diarrhea weren't bad enough, my stomach was cramped up and in so much pain and was getting super pissed. I about went over to the girls hall to ask for a mydol >_>

Best answers
What I dont like is when people act extremely ****y. Especially around school, everyone acts like a hard ass around here.

In fact, im at school right now, my friends and I were screwing around in the halls during passing time about a half an hour ago. Someone asked why my friend Wyatt had a tight shirt on today? He was joking and said "So people can look at meh muscles". This preppy ass kid passed by, he laughed and said "Muscles? You guys dont have any muscles?" I got mad (cause I have a short fuse) and said something like, "**** you, you dumb prick" and we were about to go at it until the bell rang, so i gave him the finger and left.

I also dont like ignorant people that act like they know what they are talking about, when really, they dont.... And I dont like emo's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much the internet "grinds my gears" with its "lol u r teh c00l3st doooooddddd roflflflforkrfksjfojsfoisjdf" crap -- Any purposful mispellings really does it for me.

Also...whining and *****ing for attention pisses me off too...

OH OH OH! UT2k4 kids. I love to play UT2k4! I suck ass but I still have fun ya know? But all these damn kids on the mic "LOL NO ONE CAN BEAT ME IM THE BEST!!!" or "HAHA YOU SUCK! ONLY 9 KILLS ROFLFLFLFL" -- If they wanna be retarted about it, they should stick to CS, they'd fit in well in that ****ty community.

Oh, and posers, hate posers. Emo, goth, punk (real punks are like 60 years old), wiggers, vamps, god I hate it all. Oh and their ****ty music, it drives me insane, especially hardcore.

**** MCR
**** HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
**** GOOD CHARLOTTE
**** AFI
**** HIM
**** **** **** **** ****!!!

UGH AND PEOPLE WHO GOTH OUT TO OLD BANDS AND THINK ITS COOL, WTF?!

EXIBIT A

YOU DON'T "GOTH OUT" to AC/DC!! UGH!

Best answers
Goth out? Is that like headbanging? and I love old music (if we are talking about classic rock).

I also hate everything that Dewd in the newd just said, especially the wiggers, preps, emos, and goths.

edit: oops, the picture just showed up. I agree with you there also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would never goth out to any band that isnt actually goth, i totally get you on that one dewd.

however, dressing in tight leather, tanktops, giant wigs, and headbands, is definately for teh win o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you, and yes AxMan, there is "appropriate attire" for these kinds of things :p

Hmm... this is a bit random but why don't we call the next thread "Things that really eat my grits" .... YEAH WELL IT WAS FUNNY TO ME!! :/ I'm done.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate pro NS players. Normally, in CS, everyone there is pro, so its no biggie. But in NS, theres only about 6-9 pro players, and you just get owned badly.

I also hate arrogant ****heads, with nothing better to do than type about how they are so cool. Granted, I am one of those people, but I'm a big hypocrit, so >=P .

I shall add more later, since i r lazy to add some now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wiggers... Wiggers, wiggers, wiggers. All of these wiggers running around with their 40 oz. bottles of cheap Old Englishe, and their crappy freestyling about gangbanging and smoking dope. That's what mainly grinds my gears.

Note: I said wiggers.

Number two would be people who possess an inability to speak the English language. I mean really, you live in the United States, and our language is English. If you are unable to fully develop your ability to speak the native language of my country, then please get the **** out.

Note: Doesn't apply to minorities, and foreigners.
Note: I can say "my country" because I am 100% American. I was born here, I have lived my entire life here, and I will die here.

Number three has definately got to be the FCAT tests in Florida. I have no legit reason for being so angry at those tests, but they just irritate me when compared to other state tests.

Note: I was born in California, where the SATs are standard, and moved to Florida at the age of 14.

Edit: I have another one:

Number four is people who are against abortion (The "Murder" of an unborn baby). I'm sorry if you happen to be against abortion, and you can beat me to death with your dead-baby picket sign if you want, but I happen to think that a woman's body is her own damn business, so please shut up.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh said:
Number two would be people who possess an inability to speak the English language. I mean really, you live in the United States, and our language is English. If you are unable to fully develop your ability to speak the native language of my country, then please get the **** out.

Note: Doesn't apply to minorities, and foreigners.
"Doesn't apply to minorities"? They are the "Americans who can't speak English." The droves of people coming in from Central and Latin America are the people (for the most part) who can't speak English.

If you're not talking about them, who exactly are you? If it "doesn't apply to minorities," and the "majority" (which isn't a true majority) that you're referring to are Caucasians, or people of Anglo-saxon descent--how many "white people" have you met in the USA who can't "speak English"?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Pretty much the internet "grinds my gears" with its "lol u r teh c00l3st doooooddddd roflflflforkrfksjfojsfoisjdf" crap -- Any purposful mispellings really does it for me.

Also...whining and *****ing for attention pisses me off too...

OH OH OH! UT2k4 kids. I love to play UT2k4! I suck ass but I still have fun ya know? But all these damn kids on the mic "LOL NO ONE CAN BEAT ME IM THE BEST!!!" or "HAHA YOU SUCK! ONLY 9 KILLS ROFLFLFLFL" -- If they wanna be retarted about it, they should stick to CS, they'd fit in well in that ****ty community.

Oh, and posers, hate posers. Emo, goth, punk (real punks are like 60 years old), wiggers, vamps, god I hate it all. Oh and their ****ty music, it drives me insane, especially hardcore.

**** MCR
**** HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
**** GOOD CHARLOTTE
**** AFI
**** HIM
**** **** **** **** ****!!!

UGH AND PEOPLE WHO GOTH OUT TO OLD BANDS AND THINK ITS COOL, WTF?!

EXIBIT A

YOU DON'T "GOTH OUT" to AC/DC!! UGH!

Stereotypes grind my gears. Because you can't be "goth" and wear an AC/DC shirt. No no, if you're goth you have to like Children of Bodom, or Slipknot, or something like that. You can't like AC/DC, you can't like Van Halen or Hewy Lewis and the News. Can't dress in a white shirt that says "hug me". No it has to be black and say "Slipknot" on it, or else you're not a true goth.

Hypocrites as well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
"Doesn't apply to minorities"? They are the "Americans who can't speak English." The droves of people coming in from Central and Latin America are the people (for the most part) who can't speak English.

If you're not talking about them, who exactly are you? If it "doesn't apply to minorities," and the "majority" (which isn't a true majority) that you're referring to are Caucasians, or people of Anglo-saxon descent--how many "white people" have you met in the USA who can't "speak English"?
Was talking about slang, as half of the words used nowadays (Like that right there) aren't actual words in the english language. I should have been more specific, and instead said "speak proper English" but I thought you'd be able to follow what I was saying.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slang eventually becomes part of the vernacular, and is slowly accepted into mainstream writing. It's an eternal and inevitable process that all languages go through--it's how they evolve. Many words today were considered slang in the past, but now are thought of as acceptable, some even "proper."

However, the fact that many people in the US, specifically those who've immigrated, can't speak English well or at all is a legitimate gripe that many people make--which is why your exclusion of minorities didn't make the most sense.

In any case, if you were referring to slang, then it's not a situation unique to to the American dialect of English. Something we all have to live with! If that's your gripe, so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom