What got you to model/skin/animation?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i started skinning for warcraft 3. it was so simple with the tools those creative bastards made, i could just open a proggy, find the skin, save it as a tga and go reskin away in photoshop. i liked skinning my heroes in my RPG's :p

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started skinning way back when nuttzy still made models like crazy, Smo's goku was new, and there was a period of war between Teh Pr0 and the antieditors. Some guy was making a Super Vegeta (The topic was huge, like 10+ pages.) and he had a contest for people to skin Vegeta's hair. I knew photoshop then, so I looked around and found some guides to skinning. My skin lost by one vote. This was in 1.0 or early 1.1 times.

As for animation, it was when Shijing and gang were working on a fusion project. They needed loads of anims.

I learned mapping by looking at some tuts a year ago.

I always knew how to model since I started skinning, but I sucked at it. I started practicing like 2 years ago, and Clipseh taught me Lightwave last year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
nope, the samus was my first project here,

i did make 2 samus' though, you may be getting them mixed up

all teh pr0 was, was a glorified ripper, had i been a mod back then i wouldve seen to it that he was warned for every one of them
There was a lot of ripping back then..
And I dont think there was a lot you couldve done, there was no "you gota ask permission to use other peopls stuff" back then :-/

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
There was a lot of ripping back then..
And I dont think there was a lot you couldve done, there was no "you gota ask permission to use other peopls stuff" back then :-/
i never got why so many ppl just started ripping, it was very out of blue

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cuz back then there were no rules against it, and u could get away with it..

back then I had a lot more posts too... :(, I have about 2500 posts by now, but for some reason it dropped like a thousand in one month.. Still a vet though XD

Oh.. and a very old vet, I dont think anyone will know is Emeka650. He got me into modeling.. He had like 1.5k posts back in the day

Force Pit Member
Best answers
geez, am I like the only person that didn't start out by ripping others work? hahaha

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I remember Emeka, I remember he made a Gotenks for some mod, forgot which...

Anyway, back in the alphas I wanted a ssj vegeta model. I didnt know where to download one if there was one, so I made my own and thats what got me into modeling and everything that goes along with it. I know quite a bit about modeling, I just dont make anything. (or show it rather)

Best answers
all the dbz mods seem to be the only place where ripping and hackjobs are strict and unacceptable, whereas other mod communities like CS and TS most of the models are hackjobs and rips of others, or repaints and recolors

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
Back when it was still referred to as "editting" :D

DMW

Best answers
I have a love to create stuff,and i was inspried to model by DarkSniper & ReCkOninG of FirE

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
geez, am I like the only person that didn't start out by ripping others work? hahaha

no, your not.

DMW

Best answers
no, your not.
I agree, i was inspried by modelers here and nothing more,i have never tried to edit anyones stuff(thought about it)and i have never thought or tried to edit a model and take credit.If thats what you mean by rip,if not what do you mean?

Best answers
DMW said:
I have a love to create stuff,and i was inspried to model by DarkSniper & ReCkOninG of FirE
Wow :p

Lol i didnt start by ripping people's work, my first goku was so cool :p

Heh funny, me and darksiper were friends since noobs :p but hes always been better than me o.0

o.0 nearly one year since i started modelling, jeez time passes quick huh?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:

back then I had a lot more posts too... :(, I have about 2500 posts by now, but for some reason it dropped like a thousand in one month.. Still a vet though XD

Oh.. and a very old vet, I dont think anyone will know is Emeka650. He got me into modeling.. He had like 1.5k posts back in the day
I remember him. He was working on fatmanterror's ssj3 goku to complete it, and then he just vanished.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wee, reading this brings back memories of some of the crazy rips i did in my time, take the MR satan with guns, rocket launcher and a jetpack. or possibly the dragon model witch i think had vegeta knocking a chained up goku aboot. hell it even reminds me of some crazy projects i did with CrackerJack. good times, good times.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
TwisteR said:
Yeah I remember Emeka, I remember he made a Gotenks for some mod, forgot which...

Anyway, back in the alphas I wanted a ssj vegeta model. I didnt know where to download one if there was one, so I made my own and thats what got me into modeling and everything that goes along with it. I know quite a bit about modeling, I just dont make anything. (or show it rather)
Emeka was a joke, a royal pain in the ass at best.

Yea, I remember the pr0 squad, I was in it...mainly after I was a mod and stuff, pr0 thought he could get away with more **** with a moderator in his little "club" and I was more of an undercover guy, pr0 was a cool guy though. Then the war happened between pr0 and ultra, pr0 would rip models, and ultra would rip pr0's rips.

Pr0 squad vs Ultra squad was more or less the american dutch war >_>

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well...
i started by watching these forums...and got really inspierd to model/skin too.
so i started learning milkshape without tuts...and i posted some work here..
i remember a super buu that i posed once =P and it was so crappy...
so Bolteh said some harsh but true things and told me to get a good tut, and... thats what i did...
then i just started my first goten, it was a long way to go heh, but after that i realized that if i work and practice hard i can make a whole lot more...
then Kama =] helped me with the basics all around of milkshape! ^_^
Nuttzy and CJ were helping me alot too. =]

so, i owe you guys XD thanks =]

Best answers
lol where was i when all the ripping wars were going on i just cant remember them >.<

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
lol where was i when all the ripping wars were going on i just cant remember them >.<
It all ended roughly a month before you joined.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahaha. The forums started to die when the pro squad and Ultraq left. :(
But this place was swarming with modeler/rippers. I remember this thread: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=44655 when DaKD ripped D: And that was Nuttzy's like first warning D; Not sure when it ended, either late 02 or early 03 ;_;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom