What got you to model/skin/animation?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What has got you to model or skin or to do animation? I'm pretty sure this is allowed in the Model/Skins section.

Well, I've started skinning when I was pretty young. Many people inspired me to skin like Raven, Metro, & Smo. Yeah I remember that time too but wasn't registered back then.

I was a noob way back then. I couldn't learn to take critiques or drawovers instead I spat in their face and got serveral warnings for that.

I quit skinning a while back ago untill Ran-D, Elemental, and some other people told me I should start skinning. I did because they made me but eventually I had to stop skinning again because of school and life.

So, you get the point. Post your story. =|

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
last last summer i was just browsing and thought, hey those wire frames look cool :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive always been into the artistic stuff, from music to drawing, to painting, to design technology...

one day i was playing dungeon siege, and was talking to one of my regular siege buddies, who told me he was gonna go to make a sword, i wanted to know how, so he showed me a huge page of crappy tutorials for Gmax, and i was off =D

soon after that i bought a student licence for max, and it all happened from there really. i only started texturing within the last 6 months though to be honest.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Long story, but a guy named LSMR and Ned's work together on a Gogeta model was what really pushed me to start trying it for myself

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started because I downloaded esf, saw the pwnage, then joined the forums and realized that I could make my own models for esf. So that was pretty much it, now I barley model anything for esf and nothing really DBZ related...so...thanks esf :D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bad story:
I saw all those great dbz models... and i really wanted to play dbz <_< .... so i joined the forum and started to play... after the b1 release i somehow learned how to decompile models.. and so my ripping hood started... after 3 months ( i gues).
in this time nuttzy wanted to put me in the right way instead of the bad way

i stopped it and was more into 2d art... then somehow i started again modeling in ms3d and thanks to superrvegetto i´ve done with him my first finished krillin :D but it wasnt released <_> because esfworld wasnt there and redsaiyan was of for those days..

Then tweak from this esf forum contacted me and i asked him for his buu... so i could skin it... after wards i had a nice smaltalk with him and he made me get LWO.

so thanks to Esf,Super Vegetto,Tweak and Nuttzy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
most honest answer i can give, i was bored off of my ass and milkshape was on the front page of fileplanet one day, (v 1.5.7) downloaded it and didnt like it so i just let it sit there for a long while.

when i registered here i fired it back up and made a samus model, and thought it was possibly the worst model ever posted here it actually got fairly decent feedback, so i decided to stick around

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
In my final year of school i was bored and the entire DBZ series was being repeated on TV. I decided that night to go look for DBZ based games and came across Bid For Power. One thing led to another and i found DragonmodZ and ESF later.

After playing the games for a while i started making my own little edits to skins and models. I had also taken the time to learn about quake3 shaders in order to make changes to BFP content.

I then went through a phase of model editting after being here for a while (a few of the older members might remember that particular trend of the time) and eventually got into skinning once i had a proper understanding of meshes, UV's, etc. Eventually i was lured into making my own complete models.

Best answers
Hehe well i was told of a mod called ESF when I was in grade 5. I was in the middle of grade seven when i finally googled it up and checked it out.

I spent 10 hours downloading it and wow it was a pretty fun game :) Then i decided to go check out the forums, then i browed the modelling section and went holy crap thats cool :D

I was askin questions everywhere and really wanted to do cel-shading (god i think its so cheesy now :p) so i learend to decompile models and skin edit a bit. Then i started to model edit, one of my first edits was extruding goku's crotch in milkshape and showing it to a friend lol.

I found out how to make faces and i make a block gohan model which i didnt show anyone because i myself knew it was crap. I did the cs girl tut then made my first model. Suprisngly i got decent feedback, so i decided to go on from there. I use max now and during the last few months i've picked up some skinning. Its almost been one year since i started modelling now :D

Best answers
Long time ago for me now, ermmm I started back in day of Quake1 / Duke 3D. Messing around with early 3D engines, it was cool because you could make alot with very little. The scripts were still simple and the code was fairly understandable. Did lots of silly things like ghostbusters mods and massive weapons etc...

Probably got more into it when I got my first decent pc, was a p3 500mhz so I was able to get some pretty good applications and games on the go.

:laff: :id: :laff: Anyhow I wormed my way onto the bfp boards after catching dbz for the first time. Made a level hehe and then got recruited into sos and other stuff and I've just been fiddling around with everything since.

Guess like I've only started proper design since I've been at uni, the early days were mainly just like maps and basic little mods and stuff.

What is it with bfp / dbz mod communities hehe?

Adios Show

Best answers
Well, well, well...

You have had another name change, like this one better slim :p?

Well, what started my modeling, would be... I'd have to say esf, my first model was boxman, smo is my idol ^_^.
I started skining.. because I wanted to skin my models... Im learning to animate.. because I need to learn it :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doing lame skins for some mods when i was bored, worked up to ripping shizzle, then crappy models, then into animations and finally nothing up to this dayD:

Best answers
I used to be a huge dbz fan. i had about every dbz game you could find out there. except for esf. So when i found out about esf, and saw all the pwn models on these forums i wanted to give that a try myself. so i did. eventually i figured it would be hella easier if i learned to skin aswell and i ended up liking skinning better than modeling =p

Thanks to ESF i know what i wanna do with my future, that's why i'll probably never leave these boards.

Best answers
I used to broswe the dmz forums and admired everyones 3d talent when i was just a young one, i didnt start picking up modeling and texturing until last year which i regret as it was a bit late and wished i did it sooner.

on the other hand, i wish i didnt start modeling because now, i picture everything with a wireframe and judge models i see in games which is abit annoying..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ray_1301 said:
on the other hand, i wish i didnt start modeling because now, i picture everything with a wireframe and judge models i see in games which is abit annoying..
It is, i do it all the time too. -_-

Oh god where to start, Started making sprites like 2 1/2 years ago and that lead to pretty lame skinning. So, since i could skin i signed up for a Digital Media class in high school and was taught the VERY basics of modeling. The rest is history :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadner said:
Thanks to ESF i know what i wanna do with my future, that's why i'll probably never leave these boards.
Same me ;) :rolleyes:

ray_1301 said:

<_< me 2.

Best answers
i always been into art since i was about 3 or something like that, then at the age of 14 i think, not sure how long ago it was but i found out about bfp, played that and i wanted to put my own stuff into the game so me and my friend trowa found out the programs you need to model/skin and started from there i then found out about ESF came to these board and posted really bad work i was a winnie bish when i first joined couldnt take crits or anything so i stopped modelling for about 3 years while trowa carried on then 2 months ago saw trowas work and though ahh what the hell ill start back up again so i made krillin posted it here and got good feedback which was scary now when i look back at it and then made redone krillin by learning from my mistakes and lots of help from trowa and we producted that krillin i posted last week. So now im trying to learn high polly modelling and animation and skinning so im still a noob i guess woot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
most honest answer i can give, i was bored off of my ass and milkshape was on the front page of fileplanet one day, (v 1.5.7) downloaded it and didnt like it so i just let it sit there for a long while.

when i registered here i fired it back up and made a samus model, and thought it was possibly the worst model ever posted here it actually got fairly decent feedback, so i decided to stick around
If i remember.. A looong time ago, I had ripped a cooler model from some BFP/ESF stuff and you decided to model a cooler :p, wasnt that before samus?

Anyway.. for old school members, The Pr0f3ss1n@l got me into it.. AKA The Pr0

Pr0 Squad FTW!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope, the samus was my first project here,

i did make 2 samus' though, you may be getting them mixed up

all teh pr0 was, was a glorified ripper, had i been a mod back then i wouldve seen to it that he was warned for every one of them

Best answers
this is an intersesting thread.....

any way everbody(mostly) knows what my first model is, i still havent finished another model sinced that one............. anyway, i guess i started modeling becuse i just always wanted to try it and i decided to check out the esf fourums because i hadent played the game in awhile and i was downloading it and had nothin else to do,..
ANYWAY, i saw girs tutorial so i decided id try it and thats about it,
and i plan to start skinning soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom