What games do you play at a lan party?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Title says all. WHat games do you usually end up playying if you go to a lan party?. When my brother decides to chuck a lan party we will usually end up playying Generals/Zero Hour, AOE3, Desert Combat & NFS Most Wanted. When I go to other lans i'll usually end up playying CS Source, Zero Hour & sometimes games I don't usually play (for instance, Last time i went to a lan we all played Dawn Of War at one stage).

So many beloved games o/.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At my lan partys, we play Battlefield 2, Vietcong 2, Desert Combat (For BF), and sometimes Counter-Strike. XBOX Lan parties, Halo 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Counter-Strike: Source and whatever UT is the flavour of the month. It's hard to find a game my friends and I all have. Halo/2 on 4-player Xbox on a big screen is good fun, as is Super Smash Brothers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like you guys have some good lan parties. Up around my way I am the only one with a computer balls enough to do anything post 1998. No one has a copy of half life, no one has steam, no one has any mods, most of them don't even have more than one game. It's usually crap, too.

I used to be a beast at UT but now that I have no one to play with I've rusted into oblivion. Same with Counterstrike Source. And Battlefield 2? Forget it--I can barely run it well, nevermind my friends.

Generals/Zero Hour is probably the only thing. Warcraft III if people are willing (which they usually aren't). Starcraft, because it pretty much always works.

KyoKusanagi

K
Fifa World Cup 2002, UT, UT2k4, Battlefield, Warcraft III (hero maps), MTA, Doom and usually some roms.

Best answers
At our LANs we usually play a variety of things. I know we have played pretty much all of the different Counter-Strike version. We have played all of the BF games, and usually throw in a few rts games in the mix as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I don't know how you can play RTS LAN without resorting to 'glance at their screen' tactics, at least in CS if you try that you'll turn back to find you've been shot in the face.

Not that I have the patience for RTS without relying to that tactic, especially at an adrenaline-fuelled LAN party.

Best answers
^_^ We have the computers back-to-back. Much like Battleship. It works, I can't say how, but most of my friends are legit players and would rather win with skills, than see what their opponent is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom