What form was Goku at Cell's Games

Best answers
So he turned into something but it wasn't ssj2...was that just a simple ssj?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ1 and 2.

DeN

Best answers
Technically the form goku used at the cell games is 'Super Saiyajin Full Power'

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was SSJ.

With a perfect controll of the form to be exact. Fans dubbed the form "Full power SSJ" but in reality its more like he got ussed to the drain the form has on his body and was thus able to bring out more power in the form itself. If you take USSJ as a stage then he was somewhere betwean SSJ and USSJ with a bigger power output since he mastered SSJ.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Super Saiyan 2 is what Gohan became DURING the Cell Games, which allowed him to topple Cell, and overpower him in the middle.

Goku achieved and utilized "Ultra Super Saiyan", the supposed level of power he, Vegeta and Trunks all attained in the Time Chamber. Technically Goku was at "SS Full Power", owing to how he trained his body to become used to the Super Saiyan state without tiring out, something he and Gohan achieved by remaining in the Super Saiyan state for an entire day.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Super Saiyan 2 is what Gohan became DURING the Cell Games, which allowed him to topple Cell, and overpower him in the middle.

Goku achieved and utilized "Ultra Super Saiyan", the supposed level of power he, Vegeta and Trunks all attained in the Time Chamber. Technically Goku was at "SS Full Power", owing to how he trained his body to become used to the Super Saiyan state without tiring out, something he and Gohan achieved by remaining in the Super Saiyan state for an entire day.
Actually they never untransformed the entire week before the cellgames ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They weren't SSJ while sleeping. This is obvious and stated by Goku, so don't start another sensless argument.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega wasn't starting an argument, I'm sure he meant while they were training. No need to be so hostile.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He clearly said that they never untransformed all week. He might not have wanted to say that, but I added the "don't start an argument" part in case he wasn't.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I somehow dont remember him saying they reverted while sleeping. So excuse me if im wrong. But i do only have the anime from years ago to go by.

I know they reverted for sleeping in the time chamber itself but did they do the same for the week before the cell games to im not aware of :s

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who talks about Broly? I was pointing to the comments about Goku and Gohan sleeping in SSJ forms. And those comments are about the canon thing, not about DBM manga.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You linked to a Brolly manga o_O

edit: nevermind

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who talks about Broly? I was pointing to the comments about Goku and Gohan sleeping in SSJ forms. And those comments are about the canon thing, not about DBM manga.
Actually i see no proof in there, only speculation.

And the sleeping while SSJ side has better arguments. Fact is Goku did take a nap in SSJ state ^^

Id like to actually see the page of the mange where Goku says he reverts to his normal form when he sleeps. Since even Vegeta mentions that they are in SSJ state but he doesnt sense that in them when they come out o the chamber.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Woot, here we go. I'm with Grega on this one! :)

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That translation is really poor. It mentions nothing of the sort in the official viz translation. The only hint that they untrans is when they are out of the chamber and having a picnic with chichi- she asks them to not be ssj while they eat. But the scene changes before you see if this happens or not.

To answer the question- he is ssj during the cell games.

All this other talk of full power blah blah bull**** is the result of namco/bandai/funimation/internetgenerationretards.

He was ssj. The end.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It mentions nothing of the sort in the official viz translation.
Upload the scan. Why would anyone add "except while we sleep" if it wasn't written originally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom