What Ever Happened To The Live Action Dbz Movie???

Best answers
Im Just Curious What Ever Did HAppen to the Dbz Live Action Movie..Last I heard that things were going smoothly and Brendon Frasier was playin goku...but really havent heard anythin since so im just curious

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you actually even imagine a live action DBZ movie being good? Try your hardest, can you?

There is your answer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was apparently canned. It bounced around on whether it was real, fake, who's playing who, when it'll start, ect ect.

Back in May of 2005 (I think. Maybe 2004) there was a letter from someone that was posted on dragonballz.com that showed that the movie did not exist. However, there was still talk about it trying to start up, but in the end, it all went to hell. There hasn't been an update on the movie's happenings in well over a year.

In short, it was canned. There won't be a movie.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't want Russel Crowe to play Goku's part if the movie does end up being made. OMG SSJ RUSSEL CROWE =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, would that ever suck. Thank the Almighty Bob we've been spared from having to live in a world with such a movie.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
The definition of bad casting? The Rock as Goku. XD That would be so crap. :p

Some of the rumors were funny. :p

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Damn good thing it was too. :p

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was the first one they released a while ago. I've only seen clips of it but from what I can tell it wasn't a very good movie, even though it was supposed to be loosely based on Dragon Ball.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Can you actually even imagine a live action DBZ movie being good? Try your hardest, can you?

There is your answer.
Actually it would be quite easy.
Special effects make it easy.
Not that the SFX are easy to create.
~
"Ok! Yell 'KA-ME-HA-ME---HAA' and have your arm and hand motions like shown here: -Clip of Goku from the anime using the Kamehameha-"
Actor does the Kamex2 Ha, a 6 second scene.
Next scene.
~
I dont think it would be hard with wire works, the Return of Superman is a good example of say, young goku kicking ass with no beams.

But just think of it as an insult to act for such a film.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was never anything more than a rumour. Plot, cast lists, everything, hearsay and conjecture. It was as real as Dragonball AF.

And just an FYI, IMDB was never a valid source, it had a profile for the DBZ movie twice, and now it's gone... again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROFLLMAO, I could just imagine someone screaming the kamehameha wave, I'd be laughin my ass off! I'd get embarrased if someone even asked me to act as a civilian in it, I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think this would be good, dbz should stay in the computer and on paper, NEVER, I say NEVER should it become real.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Vash_Locke said:
Im Just Curious What Ever Did HAppen to the Dbz Live Action Movie..Last I heard that things were going smoothly and Brendon Frasier was playin goku...but really havent heard anythin since so im just curious
hahahah so that's what the story is now? hahahah

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
ROFLLMAO, I could just imagine someone screaming the kamehameha wave, I'd be laughin my ass off! I'd get embarrased if someone even asked me to act as a civilian in it, I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think this would be good, dbz should stay in the computer and on paper, NEVER, I say NEVER should it become real.
QTF,

Its kinda hard translating people with huge spikey haircuts and big square eyes to real life.

Not even as an "ala advent children" movie would it work.

Its just because the looks, the powers and such isn't that much of a problem, look at kung fu hustle and you'll see what I mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragon Ball Z should never ever become and real life movie, iv'e gotten enough of looking at Dragon Ball Z episodes, let alone movies, how the **** are they going to get the hair and the eyes right, there's millions of questions i could ask about this "movie" as you will, just as donnerisk said, stick to the computer and paper because watching DBZ is played out in the year of 2006

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
Dragon Ball Z should never ever become and real life movie, iv'e gotten enough of looking at Dragon Ball Z episodes, let alone movies, how the **** are they going to get the hair and the eyes right, there's millions of questions i could ask about this "movie" as you will, just as donnerisk said, stick to the computer and paper because watching DBZ is played out in the year of 2006
I still watch Dragon Ball Z and it never gets old, but that's just me. I don't think FUNimation will let Dragon Ball Z die so easily since it was one of the main reasons their still around.

We're living in a world where originaility is starting to fade away. A majority of the movies released are either based on a book, a game, comic book, someone's life or some short story, or it's just a sequel, prequel or remake. It's not everyday though that you have a contender similiar to Dragon Ball Z come around, so even though it wouldn't be entirely original, it will be a well needed change. I personally would love to see what they do with a Dragon Ball Z live action movie (not including the other one) regardless if it sucked or not.

All seriousness aside, everyone should check this out: http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dragonball-z/Info/LiveActionMovie.htm

A lot of that was taken directly from the official Dragon Ball Z site a few years ago. Anyone remember that they stated that each Dragon Ball Z live action movie will be 4-6 hours long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom