• Gameplay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Story

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
🍂 Regular
Best answers
What do you prefer in a game you will most likely buy?

Graphics, Gameplay or a good story?

I myself, prefer gameplay over graphics, I can enjoy a 2D RPG or a 2D Fighting as much as a 3D RPG or a 3D Fighting game, I do not really care what kind of story the game has got, I can be quite statisfied by a "Some-One-Killed-Your-XXX-And-You-Want-Revenge" (replace XXX with wife, or family or whatever) story.

What about you guys? What do you guys prefer? A game with awesome graphics (IE: Doom III) or a game with good gameplay (IE: Grand Theft Auto Series)?

(Please try to keep this topic free of flames, this is a matter of opinion, if you like graphics fine, don't go persuade others that graphics are more important then gameplay (and it works both ways))

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got to be the gameplay, but plot comes a close second. My favorite games are the earlier Final Fantasys and Silent Hill, they seem to cover both without touching apon GFX much, frankly Doom3 left me a bit cold. :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone that thinks graphics are ALWAYS more important than gameplay should be shot :\

Best answers
Plot first, gameplay second, graphics third.

Bolteh2

B
i prefer gameplay, but gfx should make me puke... so its kinda a mix of both.. but gameplay is more important

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't give a **** about graphics. The most important thing to me, is a good story. I hate a game when it's story is not well build up, or just lacks originality. Gameplay is a big factor aswell, but for me, the story comes first.

I do like multiplayer games though.

Best answers
Gameplay for sure ^_^

I mean seriously...if you want a good story read a book -_-'
Graphics can't keep me playing a game if the gameplay sucks...so yea...gameplay for sure...

coctre said:
I don't give a **** about graphics. The most important thing to me, is a good story. I hate a game when it's story is not well build up, or just lacks originality. Gameplay is a big factor aswell, but for me, the story comes first.

So you're saying that you'd rather play a crappy looking flash game with menu based gameplay and good story..instead of a crappy looking flash game with a bad story..but kick-ass gameplay?

PS: Whats up with the new Nickname o_O EXPLAIN! XD

Best answers
coctre said:

Same.
10 characters.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XXX said:
Gameplay for sure ^_^

I mean seriously...if you want a good story read a book -_-'
Graphics can't keep me playing a game if the gameplay sucks...so yea...gameplay for sure...

So you're saying that you'd rather play a crappy looking flash game with menu based gameplay and good story..instead of a crappy looking flash game with a bad story..but kick-ass gameplay?

PS: Whats up with the new Nickname o_O EXPLAIN! XD
I said, gameplay comes second. Anyway, me and Spectre have so much secks, we've grown stuck to eachother, wich can no longer be undone. So i had to get a new nickname. Cold Steel + Spectre = Coctre.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
last i would put gfx,gameplay and story are both importent ~_~

and yas, i was once fused somehow to Coldeh ~_~

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still play NES games. Gameplay > all.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Gameplay is obviously first. Even if thr story is cool, and it looks great, it doesnt matter if you cant move.

Graphics and plot are extremly close for me, for if one is good, I dont give a **** about the other. But I still prefer KOTOR over UT2k4.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Games:

Best game: Good gameplay, good story, good graphics.
Good game: Good gameplay, mediocre story, mediocre graphics.
Also good game: Mediocre gameplay, good story, good graphics.

Mediocre game: Mediocre gameplay, mediocre story, mediocre graphics.
Mediocre game: Great graphics, mediocre story, below average gameplay.
Mediocre game: Great gameplay, terrible story, terrible graphics.

Bad game: Great graphics, bad story, bad gameplay.
Bad game: Great story, bad graphics, bad gameplay.

Overall: Most important is obviously gameplay, second is story, least important is graphics.

But.. a game with good gameplay, and ****ty everything else, is still a bad game. Tetris has good gameplay, but most people are playing newer, better things, because (well, it has no story), and graphics aren't an 'issue' in the gameplay.

Just because Gameplay is what makes a game GOOD, doesn't mean graphics and story are expendable.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A good story can engage a player no matter what the graphics or gameplay is. If you really wanna find out what happens you'll play through anything.

Best answers
Gameplay > graphics > story
If the gameplay is good and the graphics as well I dont need the story to be outstanding to get me hooked on the game.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think all 3 of the characteristics have to be good, but I can put them in order.

1. Story
2. Gameplay
3. Graphics.

I also think all of the next-gen system's game designing companies have to not be afraid to produce a product that takes each of these constantly rated qualities into great consideration, especially storyline. Being a huge fan of the Marvel Universe and finally getting to play Spiderman 2, already deep into the history and storyline of the character, the great gameplay and graphics were naturally modified to a greater extent, easily making the game better than if I had never heard of Spider-Man before...

Storyline is the foundation of any great game in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A healthy mix of all three. But I always have prefered the Gameplay/Storyline over Graphics bit.

Graphics are great and all, but none of that matters if the gameplay is ****. All these kids today, their damn "OMG! THAT GAME'S GRAPHICS SUCK!" It's a **** shame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobodies mentioned sound yet! I'd probably rate sound below graphics but only because graphics are a neccesity, I love the option of having surround sound or even 5.1. Silent Hill 2 uses 5.1 and it makes it spookier, and Tenchu's use of surround is so immersive that you hardly even need your eyes, you can activley pinpoint somebodies position on the other side of a wall.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd probably rate sound over graphics, myself. Look at Natural Selection. Sure, it has good graphics....for a half life mod. But the sounds they stick in are just freaky. When I first started playing, things would seriously make me jump out of my seat.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom