What do you consider a good fighter?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm one of those prodigy types... I've played 2-3 times, but I am GODLY

o/

Best answers
I heard some dude Called "Odinix" is like..insanely awsome...hes apparently beat Saru 100-0 and Fire pheonix 100-1 (he apparently put up more of a fight) :eek:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
I heard some dude Called "Odinix" is like..insanely awsome...hes apparently beat Saru 100-0 and Fire pheonix 100-1 (he apparently put up more of a fight) :eek:
lol Odinix >.>

Since when did "Odin" become a Nix? AND IT'S PhOEnix you penis face -.-

I thought his name was Odinix (The one and only), or am I mistaken? Lol today's 3v3 was funny. Odinix was complaining about Noki (LoKi) killing him all the time >.>

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well lets scratch taht alias, you alias killer.

Honestly, if you took a moment to look at the considerred pros they are all people that actually care for the game, and contribute somehow. Wether it be a server, or a fan site, or even miscellaneous items such as models and sprites/vids they are all people that wish to make the game better.

To me a pro is someone who would put up a descent fight, not someone as arrogant as myself, but someone who would change their fighting style to comply to the terms of the "honorable" fighter. A pro can beat beginners all day, but that doesn't make him a pro, what makes him a pro is his/her (mostly alea on the her part) ambition to become better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With the gen beam thing, some of the skill leaves it when they aren't using it as a blast, but rather using the beam mode and, combined with a high PL, detonating to cause a good deal of splash damage. But with a blast, that takes a quick hand and good timing, unless the guy is simply coming straight at you (then it isn't even sporting). Blast-hit-hit-blast, the noob killer.

On another note, somebody once complimented me for beating them playing as Freiza with Freiza. He said something to the effect that it's not common for him to beaten while Freiza, let alone with Freiza. Anyway, felt good about that one, he was a good player.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
With the gen beam thing, some of the skill leaves it when they aren't using it as a blast, but rather using the beam mode and, combined with a high PL, detonating to cause a good deal of splash damage. But with a blast, that takes a quick hand and good timing, unless the guy is simply coming straight at you (then it isn't even sporting). Blast-hit-hit-blast, the noob killer.

On another note, somebody once complimented me for beating them playing as Freiza with Freiza. He said something to the effect that it's not common for him to beaten while Freiza, let alone with Freiza. Anyway, felt good about that one, he was a good player.
Always feels good to be complimented =/ too bad those kinds of people are rare.

Best answers
Actually alot of euro top players played with beams and ki blasts for ages in duels but somewhere in time we decided to stop. And everyone generally accepted basic melee only duels. The reason for this was that melee can be countered/dodged/blocked and beams and ki blast most of the time cannot.
After the 2 melee hits a few ki blasts always hit, and sure some beams will miss when fired. But you cannot block or dodge it in certain situations no matter how good you are. Then when getting a hit with it can cause 50+hp damage. Next time you tell me that roll hitting someone to death also requires skill. I think we will not agree on this.

Also the fact that when you almost out of ki you can just use beamjump away into safety is noob friendly. In basic melee only fights you just screwed if youre out of ki and will get hit. Meaning youre opponent had better ki controll. In beaming fights it was generally the case that the players who used beams the most was the winner, this proved our point in that beams are the deciding factor in duels. So then people in duels would just spam generic and it was getting a mess.

Best answers
Have you EVER heard of angle hits? they HIT you on the top of your head, sometimes. It is even un-dodge able.
Nothings undodgeable.

As said above, using energie waves is not a skill. Using 100% melee shows how good you really are. Not just by causing extra damange with energie attacks. And using 100% melee is also fun to do, at least you gain more skills that way by fighting your oponent without using waves.
Being smart is a skill and as i said before, keep your 100% melee fairy land play style in your duels. And using beams as a decoy is a skill. It can confuse players who are familiar with your play style :p.

Oh and timeing a gen ball/beam to hit anothere player such as your self takes no skill? Learn to avoid it. I bet your a straite swooper :p

Oh and, please read what i said about being efficiant. Its not like people break your idelistic melee rules in "formal (lets call it *shrugs*)" melee duels.

the "its your own fualt you got stuck" is a bull**** argument, unless the person has split secound reaction times and full vision of whats going on around him at all times, most pros dont even have that going for them, then its ok to argue that.
Wear headphones, look at your scouter, and never stand still and you wont be finding your self on the ground as much.

So you're saying that if some guy is far away from me I should swoop to him and not try to hit him with a generic beam?
ust because "melee people" (love you you discriminate like that) use melee more than half of the time doesn't mean they have to use melee all the time. It's called tactics, skill, changing it up, trying to get extra damage. A "pro" doesn't use just melee. A "pro" thinks of ways to do more damage, and guess what? Beams do that extra damage. Pro's don't JUST use gen beams when you're on the ground, they'll use it when you're standing still and shoot ki blasts at you to try to hit you. You've obviously never fought an American. Especially LoKi.

Pro's are going to continue to use beams and melee together whether you like it or not, no one is going to change their playing style for you. So stop *****ing about it and live with it.
Retorical question which supports my argument.
The rest, i 100% agree.

You seem to be the type that uses only one thing at a time. For you it seems that it's either 100% melee or 100% beams. Have you ever heard of "Using them together" if i see some guy too far away. And just so you know mr. "30 yard" beaming takes skill statement usless (which doesn't make sense gg on that) too far away for me is if I can't teleport to him in 1 maybe 2 teleports. So I'll throw some beams at him. Why go to him when I can make him come to me? It's called "using what you're given" I'm not going to use 100% melee that's boring, if i see a good oppertunity to use beams then i'll use them. If it's a bad time to use beams then I don't use them.

It's not hard for you to use beams eh? Is that why I hear that 95% of Euro's script? Or why none of the euro's use beams? Of course no euro would use beams because it's so easy right? It just so happens that it's so easy to hit someone with a generic beam- why use melee? Oh oh, right because you said you need skill to use melee and not beams. Is that why all the beamers always lose? And hate melee? Because their aim with beams is so uncannily good that they suck and can't hit you is that right?

You knocking someone on the ground and putting a beam next to them and jumping away isn't "good aim" tell you what, i'll go to YOUR server. as in you'll have no ping and i'll probably have 300. If you can hit me with your generic beam from 30 feet or w/e away, I'll stop speaking because you'll have put in my place. you can't do it. No one can. LoKi can't even do it.

Hell you couldn't even hit me with the blast radius. So I don't want to hear it. You don't use beams, that's fine, you won't ever be as good as someone who does then because you won't do added damage. Same with skyrider. He doesn't like to "hit people when they're down because it's not honorable" so he'll never be as good as a pro. Ever.

Not using beams is like going to war and only using your sidearm or a knife because using bigger and more powerful weapons isnt fair to the enemy
I love the person who told this to me ^.^
Another post i agree with 100%

If there were no beam/melee combinations possible to use. Then it would be boring. Im not talking about 2 smack gen.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Fire Phoenix -> Before we continue this lets put up some facts.
I'm an israeli resident. You can count me as a european player.
I beat every player in america, including your Idol.
I play all styles , Including our favourite Melee only style which actually takes skill without being able to kill you in 3 secs.
American style - > Hit hit hit beam | throw hit beam.
a more annoying style - > generic beam spam, I can easily hit you from anyplace with a generic beam and move away from you. <- This is what happends in the end when people start using beams.
2.) Out of the TOP 5 players I believe 3 or 4 are actually european and not american.
3.) Omni probably owns you with ease, so cut the crap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So for topic, People dont change their minds so quickly.
If you are having problems fighting an american , Just dont.
If you are fighting them and feels annoyed because of beaming, Do it aswell.
It's probably the easiest way to win anyway.
You can try and set up the rules of the duel before and thats it.
as a "Proffesional" player you should be able to use beams even though its lame and does not use any skill.
For anyone who didnt understand..
-> I play "Melee only" style with people who are proffesional enough to handle it.
-> Beaming is lame, ruining the fight and is mostly used by people who arent as good as YOU in melee and cant find the correct way to "make high damage" with it.
-> And btw.. fire phoenix, Scripting doesnt have anything to do with beaming.
its just another lame solution for people who cant use their own skill.

Loving.. ^
Saiyajin.K || Kai.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni said:
Actually alot of euro top players played with beams and ki blasts for ages in duels but somewhere in time we decided to stop. And everyone generally accepted basic melee only duels. The reason for this was that melee can be countered/dodged/blocked and beams and ki blast most of the time cannot.
After the 2 melee hits a few ki blasts always hit, and sure some beams will miss when fired. But you cannot block or dodge it in certain situations no matter how good you are. Then when getting a hit with it can cause 50+hp damage. Next time you tell me that roll hitting someone to death also requires skill. I think we will not agree on this.

Also the fact that when you almost out of ki you can just use beamjump away into safety is noob friendly. In basic melee only fights you just screwed if youre out of ki and will get hit. Meaning youre opponent had better ki controll. In beaming fights it was generally the case that the players who used beams the most was the winner, this proved our point in that beams are the deciding factor in duels. So then people in duels would just spam generic and it was getting a mess.
Which is why my want to fight europeans has gone to zero. Basic melee only is boring as all hell... I'd have quit esf long ago if it wasn't for everything else implimented into the game.

your name is too annoying to type out said:
Fire Phoenix -> Before we continue this lets put up some facts.
I'm an israeli resident. You can count me as a european player.
I beat every player in america, including your Idol.
I play all styles , Including our favourite Melee only style which actually takes skill without being able to kill you in 3 secs.
American style - > Hit hit hit beam | throw hit beam.
a more annoying style - > generic beam spam, I can easily hit you from anyplace with a generic beam and move away from you. <- This is what happends in the end when people start using beams.
2.) Out of the TOP 5 players I believe 3 or 4 are actually european and not american.
3.) Omni probably owns you with ease, so cut the crap.
Facts eh? K, then allow me to ask a few questions about these "facts" (Didn't realize we were continuing anything. Your israelian? amazing, i'll go get you a gold medal- yeah don't care.

I have an idol? Really? Who? (I'd like to know why you capitolized Idol)

you play all styles? that's amazing! I'll have to get you another gold medal.

My favorite thing about europeans (and israelians for that matter mr. sensative) is that you think you're all that and a bag of chips and need to prove it. Do you see any Americans going "OMG HAY I BET EYE CUD BEET U LOL" no you don't. And you didn't beat Sarutobi Sensei when he was at his best. I know because he sent me pictures. So "cut the crap".

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please FP, dont keep bashing europeans, yes our servers are full of newbs and spammers, and people who trans when loosing, but you dont have to remind us :(

I certainly dont fit wat you've stereotyped as a "european player" and ive met a lot of people who dont as well in european servers. To be honnest US servers seem to be the most competative... european servers have their fair share, but I find US players (the majority of the time) dont like you if you beat them, I've hardly found any US players who didnt resent me or have a vendetta against me for beating them. In european ones, i used to make a lot more friends =/ However, I wudnt really know scince i dont play as much anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, this thread has gone downhill...

I don't find myself disliking people who beat me. I may get mad, but the worst it ever comes to is me looking forward to beating them sometime. Mind you, I'm not an American player, I just use their servers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hardly ever play online anymore, but at least I don't get raged when I lose. x3 Sure, it may annoy me, but I'm not going to flip out and start calling the person who beat me names or whatever. I usually stay silent unless someone starts provoking me. >_>

My strength lies in not thinking about fighting too much, but that's also my weakness. I often fight too close to the ground, which often costs me dearly. I'm not able to jump up after getting knocked down fast enough, because I usually just forget about it. It's a skill I really should practice more often. x3

I fight the way the game should be played - I fight for fun. Not to win, but for fun. So I don't really care about skill much, or about winning. However, there are some things that I'd like to try and master.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Please FP, dont keep bashing europeans, yes our servers are full of newbs and spammers, and people who trans when loosing, but you dont have to remind us :(

I certainly dont fit wat you've stereotyped as a "european player" and ive met a lot of people who dont as well in european servers. To be honnest US servers seem to be the most competative... european servers have their fair share, but I find US players (the majority of the time) dont like you if you beat them, I've hardly found any US players who didnt resent me or have a vendetta against me for beating them. In european ones, i used to make a lot more friends =/ However, I wudnt really know scince i dont play as much anymore.
I'm not bashing europeans. It's just every european i talk to is "pfft I can beat you" Like this one guy. Never faught him (can't think of his name) but he claims he can throw me around like a rag doll. And then you have this kai legacy guy. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he's good. I never said anyone wasn't good. But every european i've ever spoken to is all high and mighty and thinks they're the best.

That's not bashing europeans that's telling the truth.

Do I think I can beat that one guy who thinks he can own me, or Kai legacy? No. Because they're europeans/asians/w/e, the ping difference is too much a factor and personally with wha't i've heard, i don't want to fight them. I don't care if they're better than me or not. I don't want to fight in an all melee fight because that's the most boring thing ever.

I don't care if they're israelian or european or chinese, the fact of the matter is, is they aren't from the U.S so there is no point in arguing who is better. The europeans have their best fighter, and the americans have their best fighter, the two will never get together and find out which is better becasue ping plays too much a factor. And for those who say "omg what are you talking about I can fight easily in 250 ping" yeah no you can't so shut up.

Also Dave I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't stereotype europeans =/ I don't go to the european servers at all. I used to back in 1.1, but not any more. I don't know how euro's fight. I only know what I've been told, and I've been told by euro's. So I'm pretty sure it's accurate. All i've been told is that they fight just like American's except when it comes to 1v1's. American's use everything up to generic beams. Anything stronger than that is a no no. Euro's use only melee. Which imo is boring. That's all I know.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning: Link contains cursing
http://s11.invisionfree.com/ZR_Clan/index.php?showtopic=95

That's the conversation I have with a lot of Europeans. I'm sure there are Americans who treat Europeans the same exact way. A lot of people will dislike you just because of the fact you're not from where they are. Anyways, this thread is getting a bit off topic...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Warning: Link contains cursing
http://s11.invisionfree.com/ZR_Clan/index.php?showtopic=95

That's the conversation I have with a lot of Europeans. I'm sure there are Americans who treat Europeans the same exact way. A lot of people will dislike you just because of the fact you're not from where they are. Anyways, this thread is getting a bit off topic...
=/

Because there isn't a mcdonalds in europe >.>

Anywho: Getting kicked for using generic beams is retarded. Now if he beam spammed that's a whole other story, but using gen beams? I mean c'mon! That's like me banning some european (or israelian) for not using generic beams 'OMG U HAVN'T USED ONE GEN BEAM IN THE LAST 40 SECONDS!"
BANNED!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used gen beams / kiblasts in the fight and I won, he got mad and thats how the conversation started. I wasn't spamming at all.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know what thats ment to show... my point was, that being european or being american doesnt count for ****, a single persons actions are not determined by the continent they're from. If you meet a european who's an *******, then he's an ******* who's from europe. If you meet an american who's an ******* he's an ******* from America. See what im getting at?

The only thing I was pointing out about the general state of different servers for europe and America, is european servers have a lot more beam spamming and cheap tactics, this doesnt reflect how everyone in europe plays the game, its just the sort of european mentality on a server. American servers seem to have people who're competing, not using cheap tactics but are more aggressive towards people who they feel... shouldnt beat them(hard to describe... like they take it personally, hopefully you get what I mean) and to me it just makes the game really negative and not about having fun, but that applies to both types of server. Personally I prefer the American servers, just because everyone isnt so lame with beaming and transforming.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How about Euro's AND Americans SUCK!!!

Lol j/k XDDD

No seriously..some people just have attitude problems...and if someone calls hybrid a noob all i can do is laugh while i watch them get their ass kicked all around...

AND WHO COMPLAINS ABOUT GEN BEAMS/KIBLASTS?! Seriously that's sad...i should go play on a euro server XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom