What do you consider a good fighter?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
At least i am playing normally, barely using any energie wave attacks. Why? Because that's what melee people do, using their skills in melee. Using energie waves is not a skill, even a baby can do it.

Sometimes it just goes way to fast, not enough time even to press the space button key. I can play the game just perfectly thank you very much. I don't really want to hear "Advice, start playing the game properly." Have you EVER heard of angle hits? they HIT you on the top of your head, sometimes. It is even un-dodge able.

As said above, using energie waves is not a skill. Using 100% melee shows how good you really are. Not just by causing extra damange with energie attacks. And using 100% melee is also fun to do, at least you gain more skills that way by fighting your oponent without using waves.
i'll be sure to beam you several times every time i see you. not generic beams, oh no, but big kameha waves so the splash will take you out and whoever your fighting, then i'll beam jump everywhere.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
A good player can beat you at the game ANY way he possibly can, as long as it is not considered a cheat or exploit in the game. If that includes using beams, then he is all the more smarter because they do the most damage. So who wouldn't use it.

Why fight for so long and take the risk of getting hit when you can fire beams from a safe distance and do maximum damage. It also scores you the most kills in a short amount of time, and is very useful if the game were to be on a time limit (Practically all competitive games are) . If your going to hate on beams, then the developers need to do something about it because they are overpowered. The player just uses everything that is given to them in the game to the best of their ability.
______
Some people consider certain guns in CS to be cheap, auto sniper for example. But they are not banned from use because it has one big con.. its very expensive and not as practical. It has the price of 2 AK's. With that, you could have bought armor, nades, and ammo with extra to spare. You could also have bought a teammate a gun. So when it comes down to it, its not worth buying.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well , I do agree with Skyrider and I do think beaming is annoying.
but what the hell, If you cant play by all kinds of rules dont expect to be "pro" or whatever.
In europe fight melee only.
when you fight americans fight beams
and thats all.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're saying that if some guy is far away from me I should swoop to him and not try to hit him with a generic beam?

Zero- if you can hit a pro with a fully charged kameha and kill him- yes you're pro.

Just because "melee people" (love you you discriminate like that) use melee more than half of the time doesn't mean they have to use melee all the time. It's called tactics, skill, changing it up, trying to get extra damage. A "pro" doesn't use just melee. A "pro" thinks of ways to do more damage, and guess what? Beams do that extra damage. Pro's don't JUST use gen beams when you're on the ground, they'll use it when you're standing still and shoot ki blasts at you to try to hit you. You've obviously never fought an American. Especially LoKi.

Pro's are going to continue to use beams and melee together whether you like it or not, no one is going to change their playing style for you. So stop *****ing about it and live with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it doesnt matter if you dont like the way the oppenent fights, you cant change that, the only thing you can do is fight somebody else or deal with them

Best answers
On europa its a common rule that basic melee only duels are the way to go because thats what takes reall skill.
USA they run behind in that. I remember Sarutobi didnt want to do melee only so we did 1,2,3 attack duels. He used generic alot but I kept stopping them with gen. balls and then hit him with melee.
After a few times he beamed alot less. :laff:

In pulic everything goes I suppose but its not really fair for good players to trans or use kame,cannon or mouthblast etc. Look in a noobs its postion its the only way to kill but they should learn melee. Also the game gets boring fighting in a transed state imo. No need for ki controll as a example. Avarage players get alot harder when they trans they swoop and tele around like a madman, and make MANY mistakes but dont need to face the consequences for them because they have enough ki.

I would like transed Krillin speed fighting with a little ki bar for everyone. :fight: :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just throw them into the skybox and hit him with a big beam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni said:
On europa its a common rule that basic melee only duels are the way to go because thats what takes reall skill.
USA they run behind in that. I remember Sarutobi didnt want to do melee only so we did 1,2,3 attack duels. He used generic alot but I kept stopping them with gen. balls and then hit him with melee.
After a few times he beamed alot less. :laff:

In pulic everything goes I suppose but its not really fair for good players to trans or use kame,cannon or mouthblast etc. Look in a noobs its postion its the only way to kill but they should learn melee. Also the game gets boring fighting in a transed state imo. No need for ki controll as a example. Avarage players get alot harder when they trans they swoop and tele around like a madman, and make MANY mistakes but dont need to face the consequences for them because they have enough ki.

I would like transed Krillin speed fighting with a little ki bar for everyone. :fight: :devgrin:

So you're saying it takes no skill to hit someone with a generic beam from 30 yards away? At least my want to fight Europeans has no diminished to zero.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
So you're saying it takes no skill to hit someone with a generic beam from 30 yards away? At least my want to fight Europeans has no diminished to zero.
Well even moving youre arm a inch takes "some" skill. Its just that basic melee takes MORE skill. Get it?

Also what is 30 yards in ESF?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni said:
Also what is 30 yards in ESF?
You just proved my point. You don't know what 30 yards in ESF is. No one does. Depth perception in ESF is very very hard. Making it hard to hit someone with a beam. Hence it takes a **** load of skill to hit someone with a generic beam in ESF even more hard when you are in the heat of battle. GG on that one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I consider a good fighter someone who can fight on any level, meaning doesn't spam with only melee and only beams, and has what it takes to suprise an opponent, is a quick thinker, and doesn't attack when your guard is down. While spammers probably often own a server, they are "not" good players. They're jerks that misuse their advantages to keep other people from playing a game. For example, if someone transforms with Vegeta, and keeps firing Big Bangs all the time and kills you just as you respawn, then he is a S-P-A-M-M-E-R.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
You just proved my point. You don't know what 30 yards in ESF is. No one does. Depth perception in ESF is very very hard. Making it hard to hit someone with a beam. Hence it takes a **** load of skill to hit someone with a generic beam in ESF even more hard when you are in the heat of battle. GG on that one.
Especially since Gen.Beams are really pretty fast.

It's easier to hit a target that's standing, for example, 90 degrees to your right with a slow-moving Kamehameha than it is to hit it with a Gen.Beam, simply because the Gen.Beam is a little harder to control due to its speed.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Duels are most of the time close fights making youre so called "30 yard" beaming takes skill statement useless. Unless youre the type of player that beamjumps away and spam generic. Altho this tactic can be very effective at the same time its very lame and considered "bad manners". The explosion radius and detonate on command on beams make it even more easy to do.

Anyway skill is a matter of perception. For you it maybe very hard to use and aim beams for me it sure isnt. GG on that one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni said:
Duels are most of the time close fights making youre so called "30 yard" beaming takes skill statement useless. Unless youre the type of player that beamjumps away and spam generic. Altho this tactic can be very effective at the same time its very lame and considered "bad manners". The explosion radius and detonate on command on beams make it even more easy to do.

Anyway skill is a matter of perception. For you it maybe very hard to use and aim beams for me it sure isnt. GG on that one.
You seem to be the type that uses only one thing at a time. For you it seems that it's either 100% melee or 100% beams. Have you ever heard of "Using them together" if i see some guy too far away. And just so you know mr. "30 yard" beaming takes skill statement usless (which doesn't make sense gg on that) too far away for me is if I can't teleport to him in 1 maybe 2 teleports. So I'll throw some beams at him. Why go to him when I can make him come to me? It's called "using what you're given" I'm not going to use 100% melee that's boring, if i see a good oppertunity to use beams then i'll use them. If it's a bad time to use beams then I don't use them.

It's not hard for you to use beams eh? Is that why I hear that 95% of Euro's script? Or why none of the euro's use beams? Of course no euro would use beams because it's so easy right? It just so happens that it's so easy to hit someone with a generic beam- why use melee? Oh oh, right because you said you need skill to use melee and not beams. Is that why all the beamers always lose? And hate melee? Because their aim with beams is so uncannily good that they suck and can't hit you is that right?

You knocking someone on the ground and putting a beam next to them and jumping away isn't "good aim" tell you what, i'll go to YOUR server. as in you'll have no ping and i'll probably have 300. If you can hit me with your generic beam from 30 feet or w/e away, I'll stop speaking because you'll have put in my place. you can't do it. No one can. LoKi can't even do it.

Hell you couldn't even hit me with the blast radius. So I don't want to hear it. You don't use beams, that's fine, you won't ever be as good as someone who does then because you won't do added damage. Same with skyrider. He doesn't like to "hit people when they're down because it's not honorable" so he'll never be as good as a pro. Ever.

Not using beams is like going to war and only using your sidearm or a knife because using bigger and more powerful weapons isnt fair to the enemy
I love the person who told this to me ^.^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
kamehameha's do a large ammount of damage, kill in one hit even.

does that make me a pro? i
Hah, the way I see it, if you sucessfuly shoot a kamehameha without using Goku's special ability in a heated fight, either the opponent really sucks, is away, or they got skill.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Hah, the way I see it, if you sucessfuly shoot a kamehameha without using Goku's special ability in a heated fight, either the opponent really sucks, is away, or then got skill.
and that's why i said yes he's a pro.

No pro is retarded enough to fall for a kameha. It won't happen.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Easy here

A player that can beat me! (lol, im not a bad player at all...but im still getting used to esf teleport...stupid evm XD)

Anywho seriously a good player is a player that can

1.Dodge attacks
2.Knows how to shorten downtime when hit into the floor >_>
3.DOES NOT spam pre punches
4.Uses gen beam/Kiblast at the right time
5.Teleport at the right time
6.Is Ki Efficient
7.Does not spam Beams
8.Knows the un-written rule of a free trans at spawn...
9.Doesn't go "ZOMG I AM 1337 YOU $UXX0RZ!!!"
10.Doesn't make up an excuse when he dies..
11.Doesn't brag
12.Is a good sport..
13.Knows advanced meele combos but doesn't have to use them
14.Knows that shooting a beam requires little to no skill and that basic meele/movement is where the skill of the game is and is great with meele.

the list can go on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom