What do you consider a good fighter?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've been wondering this for quite some time. So what do you consider a "good fighter"? I've been playing Earth Special Forces again lately (I couldn't before because i was at my girlfriends a lot). And I've noticed the "melee" is getting "lame" lately. People use beam more often then they use melee.

Now, for example. I've fought Omni today, a nice & good fighter indeed. But he also uses generic beam when i am on the floor which will cause about 10 to 40 damage depending on his powerlevel. Since he can use the angle quite nicely, i do get hit on the floor a lot of times, and uses the Generic beam right away which is mostly fully charged.. Which is about 20 - 30 damange. How would you consider that fighting? I myself, like a good and clean melee battle without any beams. But lately, mostly these "pro's" just want to use beams all the time as well, which increases their chance in winning. Even if i ask if they could use melee only, they don't listen and keep going using beams. How do you call that Fighting? I'm rather curious on people's opinion on this one.

Opinions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'Pros' are only 'pros' because they know tactics that cause the most damage.

'Pro' does not always equal 'honorable fighter'.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
'Pros' are only 'pros' because they know tactics that cause the most damage.

'Pro' does not always equal 'honorable fighter'.
Yet in my opinion. Who consider a "pro", should fight like one. Honestly, sometimes i can't stand people who fight unfairly like this. Also they like to play in their SSJ State most of the time vs the un transformed people. Of course you'd say "they deserved their powerlevel to transform". True to that, but fair fight for them? I don't think so.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a tough one... I never considered who or what would make a good fighter.

1. Balanced in the usage of attacks and uses them strategically rather than as a desperation attempt.

2. Uses the terrain to their advantage, whether by placing a mountain in between me and him/her so he/she can buy time to charge up or to charge an attack.

3. Knows how to pick out his/her's opponents weaknesses and exploit them.

4. Doesn't complain, and compliments you on a good fight whether they lost or won.

5. Respects the other players fights and stays out of them.

6. Doesn't fight an opponent transformed if the opponent himself/herself is not transformed.

7. Doesn't rely on transforming to gain an advantage but uses it when necessary (such as much stronger opponents).

8. Only fights someone who intiates the fight by either swooping or directing attacks towards them.

9. Doesn't give up.

10. Doesn't commit suicide if their health is too low or have someone kill them.

Funny enough, all of what I listed is what I do, but I guess it's more of finding someone who can be on equal grounds.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Nice one MC, but i'm afraid lately these "pro's" don't follow these:

5. Respects the other players fights and stays out of them.

6. Doesn't fight an opponent transformed if the opponent himself/herself is not transformed.

7. Doesn't rely on transforming to gain an advantage but uses it when necessary (such as much stronger opponents).
Of course i don't mean "all good players do that", just a lot of them are Which basically disappoints me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a difference between a good fighter and a good sport. There are plenty of good fighters around in the fact that they can hand you your ass, but only a handfull of good sports in the fact that they aren't cocky, smug or rude about it.

Best answers
Dont tell me i disappoint u my best friend Skyrider T_T

I think u should just ignore them beaming and just deal with it just to improve urself XDDDD

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i say if you win you win no mather what , and as a good spor you say don't have the player hate the game, but in my opinion it suld not have any rulls no finishing move if you r in dbz and you r fighting Vegeta you say to Vegeta "Yooooooo Dude no beam , oki ?" and and Vegeta say's "WTF it's worng whith you Goku"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I usually angle well with basic melee, then use ethier a gen beam/ball or a few Ki blasts. It really can't be called "cheap", as it's a combination of different attacks being used. A player's skill also determines how good they are in all aspects of play. Since I usually hardly get the chance to play esf online these days, I'm not as good as I once was.

Watch how your opponenet moves while swooping, try to avoid him as much as possible then wait till he starts to run low on ki. Even if he manages to pull off two melee hits with his ki, buy the time he gets that Generic beam/ball charged to full you would of recovered from it (provided you don't make contact with the ground & roll).

Best answers
Pain said:
There's a difference between a good fighter and a good sport. There are plenty of good fighters around in the fact that they can hand you your ass, but only a handfull of good sports in the fact that they aren't cocky, smug or rude about it.
I think I can count the good sports on 1 hand :) I think MC rounds it up nicely and we can immediatly conclude that virtually every ESF player doesn't match all of those. On the positive side, CS players are worse :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I've been wondering this for quite some time. So what do you consider a "good fighter"? I've been playing Earth Special Forces again lately (I couldn't before because i was at my girlfriends a lot). And I've noticed the "melee" is getting "lame" lately. People use beam more often then they use melee.

Now, for example. I've fought Omni today, a nice & good fighter indeed. But he also uses generic beam when i am on the floor which will cause about 10 to 40 damage depending on his powerlevel. Since he can use the angle quite nicely, i do get hit on the floor a lot of times, and uses the Generic beam right away which is mostly fully charged.. Which is about 20 - 30 damange. How would you consider that fighting? I myself, like a good and clean melee battle without any beams. But lately, mostly these "pro's" just want to use beams all the time as well, which increases their chance in winning. Even if i ask if they could use melee only, they don't listen and keep going using beams. How do you call that Fighting? I'm rather curious on people's opinion on this one.

Opinions?
Welcome to ESF. I don't know if Europe just learned about gen balls to the face or not but you've been fighting the wrong crowd if they didn't.

When I'm fighting anyone. If I get hit on the ground I can expect 2 things. 1. Either they'll "gen beam away" and cause massive damage to me, or ki blast me followed by a gen ball. That's always how it's been.

We don't use beams all the time. We use them when we need to or want to to add in extra damage. Pro's are pro's because they'll do what they need to to win, without breaking certain rules. I.e no hacking, no use of exploits etc. Just because you're "on the ground and unable to fight" doesn't give you the right to recieve no damage. You were put there because you ****ed up and did something wrong. You got yourself into that position so you have to pay the consequences. That's how I see it.

It's the same for the 2 melee hits and the gen beams or ki blasts to the face. Same thing, you're unable to fight then, but people still do it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Welcome to ESF. I don't know if Europe just learned about gen balls to the face or not but you've been fighting the wrong crowd if they didn't.

When I'm fighting anyone. If I get hit on the ground I can expect 2 things. 1. Either they'll "gen beam away" and cause massive damage to me, or ki blast me followed by a gen ball. That's always how it's been.

We don't use beams all the time. We use them when we need to or want to to add in extra damage. Pro's are pro's because they'll do what they need to to win, without breaking certain rules. I.e no hacking, no use of exploits etc. Just because you're "on the ground and unable to fight" doesn't give you the right to recieve no damage. You were put there because you ****ed up and did something wrong. You got yourself into that position so you have to pay the consequences. That's how I see it.

It's the same for the 2 melee hits and the gen beams or ki blasts to the face. Same thing, you're unable to fight then, but people still do it.
"Pro's are pro's because they'll do what they need to to win, without breaking certain rules"

How can they be a "pro" if they would only beam most of the time when someone is on the floor unable to move? That my friend, is not pro like at all. Besides, when you are laying there on the floor. Those "pro" people are charging a fully charged generic ball with beam jump which causes damange + the person can "run" away.

For me, you can call yourself a professional if you play fairly, without barely using any energie attacks. Being a pro is with melee, not causing extra damage with energie attacks.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's fine if someone throws gen beams / kiblasts at you while you're on the ground, I do it myself. It may sound harsh, but it's your own fault for getting hit in the first place. Like FP said, if you're playing in America and you get knocked on the ground, it's expected that you're going to pay the consequences. Knowing when and how to use gen beams / kiblasts in melee is a skill, too.

As for fighting as an ssj, I have no respect for players that do this. You have two times the amount of ki, speed, and PL, how is this not unfair? Unless the person you're fighting is vastly better than you are, you have no excuse to be playing as an ssj. One of the reasons I hate fighting in Europe is because a lot of players who are good at the game will transform and fight.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
"Pro's are pro's because they'll do what they need to to win, without breaking certain rules"

How can they be a "pro" if they would only beam most of the time when someone is on the floor unable to move? That my friend, is not pro like at all. Besides, when you are laying there on the floor. Those "pro" people are charging a fully charged generic ball with beam jump which causes damange + the person can "run" away.

For me, you can call yourself a professional if you play fairly, without barely using any energie attacks. Being a pro is with melee, not causing extra damage with energie attacks.
Without using energy attacks? So you're saying don't use half of the stuff you're given in the game. I see pros use beams, adv. melee, basic melee beams. Etc.

That's the game. Deal with it. People are going to hit you when you're down. This is a game where you kill **** not a "who is the most honorable person" beauty pageant.

Best answers
So it was you I was fighting. :laff:
Generally in public sever everything goes but I usually dont trans if I want some challenge. Picking fights with transed people in normal form can be a challenge, if they know what they doing. The reason why I use generic is that it speeds up damage so I can move to next victim. :talk:
But I can think of many ways that would be much much lamer. Spam kame or generic then turbo beamjump away. Those tactics with transed Buu would get me 100-0 scores and better easy, if server doesnt get empty before that and people hate you. :devgrin:

However in duels those tactics are generally frowned up on and its considered "no skill". In this case the rule basic melee only applys.
Either way If you want some help in getting better I could help you abit with sparring together and pointing out youre weakpoints. Im playing regulary ESF again. Just PM me if youre interested Sky.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
As for fighting as an ssj, I have no respect for players that do this. You have two times the amount of ki, speed, and PL, how is this not unfair? Unless the person you're fighting is vastly better than you are, you have no excuse to be playing as an ssj. One of the reasons I hate fighting in Europe is because a lot of players who are good at the game will transform and fight.
What if you're both transed? The fights are faster and the penalties for bad ki management (running down to 0) are harsher for certain characters.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you're both transed and you're both good players, 99.9% of the time your most likely to never run out of ki. I find fighting a good player as ssj's really gets frustrating, because you end up chasing each other constantly, its not as fun as normal form.

Getting hit while you're on the floor is part of the game, if you were good enough u wudnt get yourself in that position. However, generic beams in 1.2 are slightly over powered, especially with turbo. It happens countless times in dbz where they hit the enemy while they're down, same thing in esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference is that they can dodge it in DBZ, either with a teleport from the ground, jumping, or flying out of the area. ESF's splash damage makes this practically impossible without taking damage.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
A pro is not only using melee, like me i use them both.....i killed someone with a minimum kame when i throwed him on the ground.

ssshhhh damn i must learn how to speak english :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
What if you're both transed? The fights are faster and the penalties for bad ki management (running down to 0) are harsher for certain characters.
The penalties for ki management are harsher? There is no ki management as an ssj. If you're truely a pro, you will never run out of ki seeing as you have 2x the speed and 2x the ki. Like Dave said, you end up chasing each other constantly and the game isn't as much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom