What do i need to make a nice looking video ?

What Shall we do with the First guy that reaches 10000post???

• Give him A BIG!!!! HUG!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give him a Copy of the newest Version of ESF a Week before its coming out

• okay Eat his Cookies right in front of him

• Give him a Cheese that he can eat!

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Okay. I guess i'm going back on making vids...( O_O i know i know.. i will try to make em at least looking good. );D
but all i got as a program is windows movie maker..
is that enought ?
Also what program do i need to get so i i can make my .dem files to something i can work with ?

Best answers
.dem files only work ingame and cannot be transformed to another format. That means the one the watches it needs the map and so on. A good program for recording movies is fraps very easy to use. There is another movie recording program called gamecam.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
.dem files only work ingame and cannot be transformed to another format. That means the one the watches it needs the map and so on. A good program for recording movies is fraps very easy to use. There is another movie recording program called gamecam.
So.. .dem files cannot convert..
i guess the only way is record screen .. geez anoying :cry:
Thanks

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
use this
star a program to record like GameCam or Fraps or what ever you want
enter the game type in console
viewdemo my.dem or the name of the demo you will have a tool barr you can slow down the speed of the movie if you want record in the game use a program to make it a movie like , Movie Maker, Sony Vegas ,Adobe Premier

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should definitely try adobe premiere pro 2 :)
although it works only with SSE2 -supported processors..

Best answers
Hmmmm... this might as well be stickied... it has a lot to do with "Miscellaneous" itself. :eek:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are programs out there from what I can remember than can convert a .dem file to an .avi file, though I don't remember the names of the programs.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are programs out there from what I can remember than can convert a .dem file to an .avi file, though I don't remember the names of the programs.
That's impossible... Do you even know how a demo works? Basically, the engine records your movements, the model you used, what map you're on, etc. It doesn't actually record any video, it logs instructions for demo playback. Ever wonder why you need the same maps and models as the person who created a demo? That's why. It's not a video at all, it's ingame playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom