what dbz version do you prefer?

Best answers
What dbz version do you prefer and why?

I prefer the japanese version, becouse i like voices, especially Vegeta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
English, the Japanese voices are too whiney. Goku sounds like a little kid. x3

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The American Goku just sounds wrong, he sounds more retarded than innocent.

Japanese high pitched realistic script > American retarded kids script

jap > eng

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the English because it is how I originally saw it, but I also like the Japanase voices as well, a lot more epic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
English. I've just gotten so used to hearing the characters that way that the Japanese version seems weird.
And then there's also the issue of the crappy original japanese music, which just doesn't stack up against Bruce Falcouners redo. Its like the original music doesn't fit the scene, and half the quality of the show is taken away because of that.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
And then there's also the issue of the crappy original japanese music, which just doesn't stack up against Bruce Falcouners redo. Its like the original music doesn't fit the scene, and half the quality of the show is taken away because of that.
haha, i think its the other way round =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's hard to tell... I mean, It's kind of like Japan taking the Simpsons and masking it with Jap media... exactly, It is hard to make it work. Anime is japanese, not American or anything else; But I will say this... American media did a damn good job converting it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, FUNimation did. Most of the dub's failings were brought on by Pioneer (cutting too much and trying to aim it at kids), Blue Water or Ocean (crappy voices). IMO, FUNi solved both by releasing the uncut (and in the case of the early stuff that was dubbed before they arrived, Ultimate Uncut) episodes, as well as better voices.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
English. I've just gotten so used to hearing the characters that way that the Japanese version seems weird.
Actually, I agree. The Japanese music was absolute garbage. Normally, back in the day, dubbing companies changed Japanese music because it had Japanese singing, which they figured would weird out American audiences. With DBZ, they just changed it because it was totally lame, even the vocal-less battle music. I don't understand how anybody could like that terrible soundtrack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
haha, i think its the other way round =P
You know you're right. My opinion is probably because I first saw DBZ in english and I started at a young age so its been ingrained in me . . . that or I don't have as deep an appreciation for anime as I thought >>;

For me, The japanese music just doesn't give me the same thrill when something cool happens or someone powers up as the American music does.

Case in point, when Vegeta first starts his fight against Second form Cell. In the american version you get the pounding techno music following similarly to Vegeta's main theme as he powers up to USSJ.
In the japanese version you get the same scene, but its low key, barely audible, basically just tinkling along without building up to the action that's about to follow.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Japanese voices with Faulconer's ambient trance, would be an awesome deal.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer watching it as was 'originally intended.' I'm not saying that the dub was abysmal--there are far worse. Plus, I actually like some of Falconer's music. I just happen to prefer the original soundtrack.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
English due to the fact I don't understand jap, though the subs as you can see they use a few more complex & strong words. Also, there's parts that Funimation added (such as different sounds here and there) from each version. A few scenes from the jap and english versions show that sometimes, something was said in the jap version & the same scene, in the english version they kept the charcter quiet.

The meta cooler movie shows this in both jap and english, Goku was speaking to Cooler during the fight in the english version (when he was using kaioken & fighting normal), whilest the jap version they were jsut fighting and you could here groans and fight sounds.

Best answers
Hard to tell. I'm used to the English version, but Japanese version is more like... DBZish, not aimed for the 5 and youngers.
But I like Faulconer's music more, I think
I like both, don't really prefer one over the other. The English one only has the fact that I used to watch it when I was younger and its music to appeal to me. Japanese version is the original so..
Makes me think D:

Best answers
I prefer the manga on this one, the american version that was displayed on tv was cool and all but once you read the manga you finaly can make more sense of dbz no plotholes and such ( well not as much ) and the story flows and not resets on every new saga completely forgetting everything that came before

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
The American Goku just sounds wrong, he sounds more retarded than innocent.

Japanese high pitched realistic script > American retarded kids script

jap > eng
QFT,
[QOUTE=]MaistroI prefer the manga on this one, the american version that was displayed on tv was cool and all but once you read the manga you finaly can make more sense of dbz no plotholes and such ( well not as much ) and the story flows and not resets on every new saga completely forgetting everything that came before[/quote]
QFT

Basicly the same things I was going to say... only said before me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
japanese. it seems less aimed at 5 year olds, the story comes out at you better

english, bah i can't stand the lame jokes >_> plus the voices seem too 'super hero' like, referring to goku. i agree with sailor alea, how it was originally intended to be

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
English. It's how I watched it for years, so I've gotten quite used to it. The japanese version just sounds a bit odd to me. Faulconer also adds to it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
English owns you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom