What Caused WCW To Fail?

Best answers
I think that it was them choosing to end goldbergs winning streak at 180 wins. What do you think caused it?

add

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i think WCW ended because it sucked and they finally realised they were wasting there time and money

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it was more of a loss of competition with WWF... which they eventually merged with to make WWE.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as far as i was ever concerned, when wcw died out so did professional wrestling as a whole.

WCW had people like ric flair, lex luger, sting, hulk hogan, etc. these guys knew how to put on a good show that you could safely watch with your entire family. (well until the whole kimberly paige playboy thing >_>)

wwf on the other hand is far from family entertainment, when they didnt have a pack of morons in the ring trying to get chicks in the audience to flash their boobies or telling them to "suck it", they held matches in which the sole objective was for the 2 female combatants to rip each others clothes off.

while it was entertaining, it was becoming more and more "jerry springer" every episode. And the recent edge/lita in-ring "sex" is eveidence that it has only gotten worse >_>.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
as far as i was ever concerned, when wcw died out so did professional wrestling as a whole.
Quoted for truth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:

WCW had people like ric flair, lex luger, sting, hulk hogan, etc. these guys
Hogan started in the WWF.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in the timeframe i was speaking from, hogan was in wcw.

the wwf in the hogan era is completely different than what we see on televisions today,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
in the timeframe i was speaking from, hogan was in wcw.

the wwf in the hogan era is completely different than what we see on televisions today,
Which is why I stopped watching WWE.

I stopped watching it right around the time the Rock returned as a heel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah...you're all no longer answering the question. Nobody asked any of you why you hate WWE.

Reel it in.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think WCW was ruined by it's own talent . . . bottom line: Not everyone can have creative control over their character, that's how you end up with the NWO assgrab moment at the end of every episode. It was getting pathetic, and I was tired of watching Hogan et all come up roses every night. Goldberg was the only guy that got a shot during that entire run . . .

KyoKusanagi

K
Backstage politics, pushing bigger name stars (not necessarily more talented), under utilizing talent (Benoit, Guerrero, Rey Mysterio etc), the fingerpoke of doom and David Arquette to name a few.

Best answers
I second Cucumba.. There wasn't any change in episodes anymore..

OMG NWO FTW, OMG NWO DIED, OMFG NWO FTW AGAIN, OMG NOES NWO DIED, BUT HERE COMES HOGAN AND NASH AND OMFG NWO LIVES AGAIN, BUT THERE COMES *insert name* AND KILLED NWO AGAIN.. Rince and repeat :/

I kept watching to see Goldberg and Sting in action.. But Sting hardly showed up near the end of WCW :(

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Lies, all lies, it was this. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom