What are you learning now?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mean in terms of school, I'm asking if there's anything you're learning right now on your own out of fun / for other reasons. A good example would be someone learning to play the guitar.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am learning to play the guitar, I've come pretty far learning on my own since last year, but there's still much more to learn.

I'm also learning about new machines at work from a company that we aquired a few years ago that was recently shut down due to the downturn in the economy. Interesting antiques, that much is certain.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guitar. Though self learning is slow in my case as it would seem :s

Im allso reading up on C++ ^^

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
some mapping techniques ( like bump mapping ) and b4 you ask... no it has nothing to do with esf...or has it?
driving

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
History of Psychology

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm learning how to get women in bed so that i may one day lose my virginity.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hand to hand combat. I figured I'd get my next belt while I'm out here instead of waiting until I'm in the Fleet.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im learning various welding procedures,

and im also learning that, when it comes to getting a full-time welding job, the world hates you.

i signed up for a kung-fu class for over the summer, now that i finally have the money for it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the moment, I'm learning how to rig in 3dsmax.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drums!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LiGjNrUQXiQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LiGjNrUQXiQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

will have a newer video out D:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Martial_Arts_Program

Going for the gray belt right now. When I get some free time, I guess I'll try something other than MCMAP out, but I haven't had too many good experiences in civilian martial arts schools.
MCMAP doesn't sound to bad, looks like it has a solid base and sound philosophies. Good luck with your persuit of the martial arts.

A while back, a freind of mine got his hands on some of the material for SCARS. While the information on autokinematics was quite useful, it was quite useless without the accompanying knowledge of HOW to strike those areas. I assume that the problem is easily fixed when in the SEALs units, but the dumbed down civilian version required other martial arts training to make it work.

I myself has persued many styles, and I find that sticking to just one is a bit too restrictive as no one style has the total package, so to speak.

Also, not bad Kaination.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More guitar, I'm currently refining my own solos. I guess I'm teaching myself as well as learning.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Animating in ms3d after ms3d i will move to 3dsmax then i will learn some more amxx since the econmic downturn caught me of guard so i have plenty of free time xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well while I'm learning pretty much what I want in college, like drawing, design, observation, etc. But since I do not get to my ACTUAL MAJOR until sophomore year, I guess I am trying to improve my animation?

I would also love to learn how to 3D model during the summer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Guitar, and it's going pretty damn good if I could say so, I've been playing for a year and a half and am still feeling myself progress every once in a while. I'm currently trying to master "Kissing the Shadows" by Children of Bodom.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm learning intelligence means nothing without application. I'm also learning that if I don't apply myself, I'll keep making sandwiches for the rest of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom