What are some great or interesting HL2 mods?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Recently I've beaten both Half Life 2 and Episode 1, and have become curious in it's amazing capabilities for modding. From what I've seen, there are some really inventive ones out there. I've seen one which mimmicks "Portal", which is a good preview, but runs into bugs and crashes far too easily (like getting stuck in a wall). I checked one which recreates the popular N64 "Goldeneye" Bond game with levels identical to the original with no model enhancements, but plenty of advantages taken in materials and physics. I also notice an unreleased mod to mimmick Jurassic Park that I can hardly wait to see working.

So, does anyone have some other awesome HL2 mods to share?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez, nothing? Does nobody care? Or did this thread get hidden from the new posts section? Argh, things suck...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please don't double post or bump your threads, you haven't even waited 12 hours, patience is a great virtue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not out yet, but Left 4 Dead is sort of an HL2 mod. It won't be free either, but it looks good regardless and it's coming out in spring.

I haven't checked on it recently but the game Empires looked promising. It's in pretty early development but it's an RTS/FPS wherein the commander gets the RTS view (sort of like the marines in Natural Selection... which is also getting converted to HL2 I think, look for that). The rest of the guys on the team play as soldiers... they pilot the vehicles, help build structures for research/production/resource gathering, etc.

Sven Co-op was fun. I know that's going to go to HL2 but I don't know how far along it is... but I'm looking forward to it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to list what I list every time one of these topics come up

www.bgmod.com

Released for both HL1 and HL2. The HL1 version is completely done so that's the better game right now imo, but yeah, check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom