What are some great martial movies, starring Jackie Chan?

Best answers
What are some great martial arts movies, starring Jackie Chan?

Does anyone know of any martial arts movies, that were really good, and starred Jackie Chan? He is my favorite martial artist, but I haven't seen that many of his movies, except for his American movies, like Rush Hour 1 and 2, Shanghai Noon and Knights, etc. I saw two clips on YouTube of Jackie Chan fighting Benny Urquidez, but I don't know the names of those movies. I also saw a clip of Jackie Chan fighting Ken Lo, but I don't know what movie that was from either. If someone could tell me some of Jackie Chan's best movies, or even give me the names of the movies I didn't know the names of, then that would be great. Thanks.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The movie with Jackie Chan fighting Benny Urquidez was either "Wheels on Meals" or "Dragon Forever".

As for Jackie Chan's best movies, I would say right off the bat that Drunken Master, Legend of Drunken Master, and Shaolin Wooden Men were his best movies.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing beats... Snake in the Eagle's Shadow.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh, i have yet to see any jackie chan movies with amazing martial arts demonstrations. don't get me wrong, the guy knows his stuff, and he is a genius. but his movies focus on dramatics and the idea of jumping around to get away too much.

this picture however, shows all you need to see to be a true master.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was watching his documentary.

And Jackie Chan claimes he tries to make his own style of Kung Fu movies... a mix of comedy and acrobatics.

Of course, his earlier movies had to be a bit "Bruce Lee-like" to appease the people who were used to that style.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look at Ninja in the Dragon Den (not whit jackey Chan but a nice movie), Rush Houre 1,2 I will tink about it more

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Armour of God 1 and 2. Good, funny stuff. Jackie taking on 10 guys at once without bullettime, Neo, eat your heart out !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, here we go; some of his movies before America did their thing to him:-

Rumble in the Bronx
Police Story 1, 2 and 3
Project A
Drunken Master
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
My Lucky Stars

Best answers
Thanks for the information guys. I was also wondering if someone could tell me what movie this clip is from, and if it's in English:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JfJFFj8Wwg

In my opinion, this is one of Jackie Chan's great demonstrations. Just watch after he starts to drink gasoline...Comment on the clip as well if you like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure what movie that scene is from, i definitely recognise that fight though.
But to not watch Police Story 1 in Jackie's repertoire, i kid you not, i consider it a crime o_O

*edit*

the clip is from Drunken Master II a.k.a. Legend of the Drunken Master

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom