What am I doing wrong?

Best answers
I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I downloaded and installed ESF, same with the patch, use the correct file path (program files/valve/steam/steamapps/login name/half-life) (this is correct right?). Steam wont launch the game I keep getting the "browse games" screen to come up even when I search for the servers.

yes i have the retail version of half-life. yes i have played it quite a few times. The only game i can get to work with steam is cs:source. but i want some original mods so I can enjoy them. can somebody please help me?

Best answers
Yes, you have to install the patch. It's called 1.2.1, and once you install it, everything will be fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Noober said:
Yes, you have to install the patch. It's called 1.2.1, and once you install it, everything will be fine.
Superbowl54 said:
I downloaded and installed ESF, same with the patch, use the correct file path (program files/valve/steam/steamapps/login name/half-life) (this is correct right?).
:rolleyes:

Yes that's the right path. I don't know what your problem is, I suppose just try a fresh installation. Also remember, you have to run Half-Life at least once before ESF will work properly, that may also be your problem.

Best answers
Pain said:

Yes that's the right path. I don't know what your problem is, I suppose just try a fresh installation. Also remember, you have to run Half-Life at least once before ESF will work properly, that may also be your problem.
Superbowl54 said:
yes i have the retail version of half-life. yes i have played it quite a few times. The only game i can get to work with steam is cs:source. but i want some original mods so I can enjoy them. can somebody please help me?

Did you register your copy of Half-Life with Steam?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
correct. you need to get the browse games window up and click the bottom left button, then enter your cdkey into there.

Best answers
Ok i just got the game installed and it is doing what u guys have been talking about i have lastest patch 1.2.1 and version 1.2 ok now i have half life 2 will it work if i have that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you just have halflife2 then esf will not work - it needs half life 1.

Best answers
hello sum 1 told me i can play this with cs 1.6 is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom