What a weekend! (Beta Testing for Lords of Shadows 2)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
And I have to say.. it's like... everything God of War wanted to be, but just fell short of. Well there is no blocking, but ******* DODGE like there is no tomorrow! Fast and furious combat against hordes.. legions.. A WHOLE ******* ARMY! Controls are just as smooth as the animations, and so easy to pick up.. it's like riding rollerblades for the 1000th time.
It's one of the few games where you controlling the character feel just as much a part of the world as everything else around you and oh so satisfying.

Look like the Light and Dark magic have been done away with, but hey, you get more than a whip this time around(which is totally made of blood now); A *****in ethereal sword that drains life with every hit, and some heavy and savage flaming claws that put the most raw combos in Bayonetta to shame. If you played and beat the first game then you know the story of this Belmont continues, and this time he's Dracula himself. Game starts off with one of those: "Yeah we'll give you just about everything for the first level, so you know what to expect" kinda deals, but it totally delivers.

After rending a couple hundred guys you go on to fight some giant mechanical medieval colossus(look like it was made out of windmills or something) and in typical fashion have to climb this sucker. But the catch is that there is this crazy golden guy called The Paladin, shooting you pretty much the whole time. I died a couple of times due to his perfectly annoyingly timed arrows, but the game handles respawning nicely, and you instantly pop up a little ways away from the obstacle you were going through.

From a gameplay perspective, it was a total blast, everything was fluid, functional, and I found myself spamming every combo I could figure out in the two hours I had to try it.

Graphics were biblical.. nothing short of stunning. I'd call them next-gen if I didn't know any better but this is most definitely the most visually impressive game Konami has ever done. Might be the best I've seen on the 360 yet O,,o!!!

Sounds were intricate from all the footsteps, and clattering armor, even the little details like blood spilling on the floor were there. The bite sound when you drink somebodies blood was kinda goofy, though everything was totally immersive.

Story.. didn't get to see much aside from the opening, a brief monologue from Dracul himself as these guys march on, and break into his castle. It seemed kinda senseless until you realize how powerful you are. Then it's just hopeless for everyone you fight.

After you down the collossus the game jumps forward like 100 years or something and your in modern times. A city was built around your castle, cars lights, looked like New York.. but not at the same time. Had a Gotham feel to it what with all the old architecture. The rain blew me away. This part of the game was intense.. you loose all your abilities, and have just your bare hands to battle with. When outside you notice something no Castlevania has had before. Open environment! OH YEAH BABY.

You get to run into traffic, bash up some cares, freak people out! Felt kinda like GTA you start a rukkus and Cops show up. You get this little teleporting dodge, your now some ghoulish zombie dracula with white hair. The hand to hand combat is brutal, and you get a sense that this guy hasn't practiced in a long time, but hasn't forgotten how to break a spine or two!

Ran out of time before getting to explore the city as thoroughly as I'd have liked, but it seemed like it was pretty dense.. something like Arkham City, what with a bunch of allies, and corridors you go through.

I definitely have to say this is looking to be the BEST entry into the series that's ever been done and I hope I get to try it out some more before it releases, word is sometime December if everything goes right! I'm looking forward to it, how about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom