Were are you from?

Best answers
I figured that since a lot of people in the forum live in either the u.s. or canada.The Greatest Country ever
That there would be a lot of variety of different people, so post where you(or your family) are originally from.
The other reason for posting this is that im really, really bored : P
Me, I'm from mexico. Oh and if you post here you most also bring either some pie or some cookies ;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Elys-err, Holland. Netherlands. Dutchland. Donchaknow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Settle down ya hoser! I be from up north where ya have to hoof it from town to town on dog sled. Not too exciting though, Igloos look the same no matter what city your in eh?

To be more precise, I live in Kamloops, British Columbia. Or as you probably know it "that place where all the good weed comes from."

Best answers
Hash said:
Settle down ya hoser! I be from up north where ya have to hoof it from town to town on dog sled. Not too exciting though, Igloos look the same no matter what city your in eh?

To be more precise, I live in Kamloops, British Columbia. Or as you probably know it "that place where all the good weed comes from."
Kamloops eh? I live a few hours away from there, I be from Coquitlam

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Australia. Where everything is more expensive than in USA.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
England, everything costs too much and we have no morals.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't France give the world fries, hence the term 'french fries'? :O?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Elys-err, Holland. Netherlands. Dutchland. Donchaknow.
What he said. :p

Best answers
Slovenia ... we have the lessest poverty and were 90% green (plants,...) in our country ... and still noone knows us, and no im not a tourist ****ing guide. :)

Jakut said:
Estonia, the country smaller than some cities >_>
that made me laugh ... well were on the same scale basis :p

Grega said:
Slovenia FTW :p
rock on m8 !!!

Best answers
I was born in Flint, Michigan (the same city that Michael Moore "claims" to live in, in his movie "bowling for Columbine")

But now I live in Lapeer, Michigan. Which is 5 minutes away from Davison (which is the city where Michael moore really lives in... not Flint :/ )

Im about 1 1/2 hours from Detroit.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Didn't France give the world fries, hence the term 'french fries'? :O?
Fries are originaly belgian, them frenchies just stole them and exported them to the US, hence the reason why them americans are the only ones that use the term "french fries" :p

Btw, even the original idea behind golf is belgian ^^

Edit: lots of "them" :eek:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 1st generation American in my family.

My father hails from Guatemala, the country that actually gave the world Chocolate despite what the belgians think, and home of the most accurate calendar in existance. Mayans were making chocolate for their priest kings long before Belgium was a Dutchy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate <- pajowned

Also, the Belgian claim to creation of the pommes frites is theory, not fact:

Wikipedia said:
The Belgians are noted for claiming that French fries are Belgian in origin, but have presented no absolute evidence; the French have also been cited as possible creators of the dish, though most in France associated fries with Belgium. The Spanish claim that the dish was invented in Spain, the first European country in which the potato appeared via the New World colonies, and then spread to Belgium which was then under Spanish rule. However, as Belgian immigrants lived in Spain at the time, it may have well been a 'Spanish' dish invented by a Belgian chef. Whether or not French fries were invented in Belgium or Spain, they have become Belgium's national dish, making belgians their "symbolic" creators, at least for the rest of Europe.
Also, beer is older than most of Europe's kindgoms:

Wikipedia said:
Beer is one of the oldest beverages humans have produced, dating back to at least the 5th millennium BC (prior even to writing), and recorded in the written history of Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
I wasn't aware that Belgian imperialism had taken Egypt in the 5th millenium B.C. o_O Oh wait, they didn't exist as Belgium until 1830 and the first significant historical mention of the area is around 100 B.C.

Apparently, your Golf story is backed by Wikipedia, saying that earlier versions of the game were played in the British Isles AND "low countries of Northern Europe" which is understood to be Belgium AND the Netherlands I believe. So it looks as if you can't take whole credit for that either.

It looks like someone is overcompensating for a small country. What I will give you for Belgium, is the crafting of some very nice firearms from Fabrique Nationale.

My Mother is from Argentina, but her family immigrated there to avoid Nazi persecution of Catholics during WW2, other members of her family immigrated there to avoid WW2 all together. Argentina has great cattle land, and my whole family over there carries their own decorated steak knives for eating the great patagonian steak.

I was born in Brooklyn (a private hosiptal near Sheep's Head Bay) I lived in Bensonhurst. I later moved to Jackson Hights in Queens, then Bay Shore on Long Island, then West Babylon (when it was nice).

I then moved to Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania, and finally I reside in Mountainhome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom