Well, todays the day for SOS...

Tox

Best answers
Although common knowledge, i just thought i'd remind you guys that SoS, the stand-alone DBZ game should be released today.

It hasn't been put on the site yet for download, but i suspect that they are still in bed.

But i'm going to be watching the website like a hawk today :)

I'm looking forward to this one.

EDIT: Goddamn, i've said it before and i'll say it again, i love the look of their south city, cell games and north highway maps. (just mulling over the screenshots, it hasn't been released yet :()

G
OMG SO DAMN 1337!!! :D :D :D :D WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! W000TT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W000000Y!!!!! YEA!! WOOHOO!!.................. *pants* whew., let taht all out :) SOS beta IS GONNA BE SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant w8!!! :D

*edit* by the way, y do they have BD models? do they have a model damage system or something? :D

G
i never said it wasnt :p we r talking about the fact taht SOS beta comes out 2day!! woohoOO! didnt u know? itz gonna rock!! :D

P.S. but yea, this thread should really have gon in the miscellaneous section

*edit* wow, i got a whole folders worth of SOS pics that arent in the multimedia section :) cant host em all, but ill host 2 of the coolest ones, post em in a sec...

Tox

Best answers
Originally posted by Hwoarang:

this is esf..... not sos
Surely that shouldn't matter, people post on this board about various other games, this shouldn't be any different.

And it's not breaking the rule about talking about other mods because it's a free standalone game and not a mod for anything.

Tox

Best answers
Those are some good screenshots my man, haven't seen those ones before.
Absolutly can't wait to tear up southcity :)

Specially since it says
+ "Infinite" level system hierarchy allows for completely deformable terrain and realistic environmental effects in realtime
hell yeah, lets smash me up some buildings :)

Best answers
do you guys know if theres going to be melee in this beta did they say any thing on that ?

G
COOL! :D so, dose that mean thatyou can make wholes in buildings and stuff?

*edit* im almost sure there will be mele

Tox

Best answers
COOL! so, dose that mean thatyou can make wholes in buildings and stuff?
yup, and a whole load more, think ESF with a red faction engine, infinite envoironment damage. like you could fire 100 big bangs straight down and make a nice big, deep hole.

or at least i believe so, but yeah, deformable terrain is one of the many cool things :)

Tox

Best answers
From SOS's faq:
Maps

- How big will they be?

With the new code, they have the possibility of being 'infinite'. However, the larger the map, the greater strain on the server/client. Maps will be greatly sized though. (A Cell Games map is planned to be so large that the map extends from the arena to an entire nearby town.)

- Can the terran be destroyed?

Yes. All maps will have PLD. This means you can blast a hole into the ground. And you can keep shooting the hole to make it even deeper, and deeper. Buildings are also planned to be modifiable. Think of the game, 'Red Faction'.
*Drool* Huge maps, huge huge, massive maps, all destroyable :D

More from the faq:
-What are Ragdoll Physics?

Ragdoll Physics is a way of describing a type of death animation. Imagine taking a real ragdoll, and tossing it at a wall. The way the limbs react, and how the doll bounces off the wall is how your character would look as if he was killed in SOS. This adds an amount of realism to the game and makes dying a much more enjoyable experience for all of us...
RAGDOLL! man, i wish they'd hurry up and put it up for download :)

G
THATZ SO DAMN COOL!!! :D :D :D :D XD MAN! OOH YA!! the 1st map i play i will find something destroyble and use sum ki blasts to make a model of me :) bnut ya know what else is really ool with taht system? if ur blasting each other, having a power struggle, and u win, u can blast the opponent trhough a building! :D

P.S. how big is SOS gonna be? (in file size i mean, MBs, GBs, KBs, Bs, what ever)

Best answers
man im glad i have two comps and a cable line im so gonna host a sos server

G
sweet dude! :D mind if i join? i got broardband, so i wont lag ya much :) SOS is gonna, RULZ!!!

*edit* when they do release, where will they post it? news or just put it on downloads?

Tox

Best answers
Hey count me in, when you make the server leave the details here man :)

Shotgun being Goku :p

G
ive got dibs on... hmm, vegeta or trunks? :) trunks! :D

*edit* OMFG THEY HAVE A COOL-ASS RPG SYSTEM!! WICKED!!! (u can learn moves by leveling up) :D holy crap, they got millions of charicters! i think i will pause the choosing charicter til its released, so i can c all the charicters :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes theres many advantages to making a stand alone game like this

surely will be a very fun game should be quite interesting to see the melee

Best answers
trunks for me ;p anyway...

'bout the size.....i think it will be round a gigabyte...since ya got an all new engine and stuff....

G
holy crap a gig *eye twitches* :O meh, i will make space :) and ive made a decision :D im gonna be frieza!

yes theres many advantages to making a stand alone game like this

surely will be a very fun game should be quite interesting to see the melee
omg hibiki -_- cant u just giggle like a little girl and scream exitedly for once?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom