Weird Screen

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok this has only happened while playing games but I'm pretty sure it will happen when not. Anyway's while I was playing bf2 my screen went to this blue screen really quick with a bunch of words and stuff but I didn't have enough time to read it. And after that it just restarts. It bugs me. This has only started after I pretty much build this new comp.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Fatal error + crash = full dump to System log by default.

Someone check My Computer->Properties to find out the default location it dumps to. I think it's %windir%/system/something.log (I don't use Windows anymore so I can't exactly check).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm? I switched out my other ram sticks with some other ones. so far everything seems fine..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would appear that he has errors in his memory sticks that are probably causing the system to crash. You can make a warranty claim depending on how old your warranty is. Errors in memory can occur in such instances as overclocking the memory or the cpu (in some cases the cpu) or misstreatment of a computer and such (sometimes there is no explanation for it , maybe it was the fault of the one of the vairous ram companies envolved in it's production process)

funnie you mension that , my pc mini dumped the other day too , I guess my psu has problems with my chip running at 2.3ghz with a core voltage of 1.7 , so i just clocked back to 2600+ (I only have some crappy third party 350W psu anyway)

Best answers
Ice Man said:
and how do fatal errors occur?
Well see, when a mommy error and a daddy error want to show much they love each other....

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Well see, when a mommy error and a daddy error want to show much they love each other....
They spam?

You've been here long enough to know you can't do that im gonna give you a friendly reminder here not to do it again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hypathetically, If you get a fatal error/system dump or whatever, and you reformat, will you get your "D" drive files back? Or they'll be conflicted too?

The only time i've seen what you were talking about was on a Windows2000 computer from school and it occured when some guy was playing Madden 2004 and he kept getting blue-screens every now and then. The school computers are crap anywayz, but he installed it and sho nuff, it pwned itself.

Alteh, what's your OS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom