Weird crash

Discord Member
Best answers
I installed ESF and tried to play but after a few seconds, it crashes to desktop. If I try to create a server as soon as I open the game, it loads the first bar and stops at "Estabilishing..." returning to the main menu screen. I'm using a Intel GMA 950, is there some kind of incompatibility? I have Windows 7 and updated drivers. Tried compatibility mode too but it didn't work. What can I do to get it running?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No idea. Its not windows 7 or anything, it should work fine with that.

Do you have Steam and a valid copy of Half-Life 1 installed?

Discord Member
Best answers
Actually I would have if Valve didn't have some print problems and had given me an duplicated CD-Key when I bought an original copy. But the ESF is "steamed". I've played this game that way on another computer before but, for some unknown reason, I can't play on this one.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By "steamed", do you mean you've added a non-steam game? If so, that won't quite cut it. ESF requires the latest version of HL1 (there are a few things from it ESF needs), which is only available through STEAM.

I'm afraid there's nothing that we can do to get ESF working fully otherwise.

Discord Member
Best answers
Yes. Damn, I would like to play that game. Thanks for helping.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. Few games actually work.
So you are saying the fact that i added solitare in there i actually made it a STEAM game.

Get real ^^

Nothing changes. Not the game version, not the net protocol and not the menus. HL has different menus for steam/nonsteam. Nothing changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom