Weird Bug

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm running Steam, ESF v1.2.3 on Half-Life and my graphics drivers are updated.

This is what happens (a lot, sadly): First, I enter a server and pick my character (I don't always get that far, either), shortly after commencing play, my game locks up as if the server ended (which it indeed did not, nor was there any kind of lag spike etc). My "clone" stays in the game if I leave, and it leaves after a couple of minutes.

One thing that seems to temporarily "cure" it, for one server at a time (only until I do it on another server, usually), is waiting for my clone to drop out, then re-entering.

Help?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a connection problem.

Your "clone" doesnt leave. But since you break off connection it stays in the server untill the server removes it with a "Lag out" error.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not a connection problem, I assure you. There's no logical reason for me suddenly to disconnect every time I connect, except when I wait almost exactly for my "clone" to leave, then join. It's messed up.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
With other words, a time-out. The server still thinks you are in the game, while your not :). This only happens with ESF Avenger?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, this is the only game I've experienced it in (hence why I'm reporting it here). It's a bizarre thing, because I used to think I was timing out - but there was no connection error thing blinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom