Weird Arena Map

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been a while since I've worked on a map. This map is still a work in progress, though most of the things that need to be added are small things. There's also a number of bugs I need to fix, though nothing major at the moment. I haven't checked the r_speeds yet, but I'm fearing the worse if I do so. I didn't pay attention while making this map, so everything in it can be see within view, thus causing a some lag.

Here's a video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GlPEoJreLxw

I didn't spend a whole lot of time on the map (it shows), but I didn't intend to make this a serious project. I'm just refreshing anything closely resembling mapping skills at this point, though I don't have any further map plans at the moment.

Don't mind the flying electricity, I accidentally set the noise attribute for the func_beam entities too high. There's also supposed to be a slime pool within the pit, under the arena but it's not showing up for some reason.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks nice dude, very impressive.
I love the way the "flying electricity" turned out.

Best answers
I'd love some screens....

/me shames for having slow net and being too lazy to use youtube....

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks ace. Nice job ^^

BTW you entering the mapping competition?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he better enter his butt in the mapping competition, It's not nice if there are only two entrants :( still loading(the video), will comment on the map later!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks nice dude, very impressive.
I love the way the "flying electricity" turned out.
Well, it wasn't supposed to turn out that way. The electricity was supposed to be inside the column, but I might add more electricity effects.

I'd love some screens....

/me shames for having slow net and being too lazy to use youtube....
Alright.

it's kinda small for esf...
That's what I realized when I loaded up the map to see how everything is working. I still haven't decided where the spawn points for both teams will be.

Looks ace. Nice job ^^

BTW you entering the mapping competition?
he better enter his butt in the mapping competition, It's not nice if there are only two entrants :( still loading(the video), will comment on the map later!
I was thinking about it, though I'm undecided at the moment (even though the deadline is getting closer).

small but nice=simple but good
I wasn't aiming for anything in particular, I just went by whatever popped into my head.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom