💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can i get some suggestions or critz plz. making this for a friend, its ganna be a CS resource site

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn woman, thats some dope ****!! can you give me the url?

Best answers
wow i have no suggestions. its sweet as it is

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks great I think! Great colors (or no color :p) , and theme, what are you planning to do with the update part? like how would u keep it readable? Might be hard with the complicated bg. but other then that, looks great man, nice work!

grtz naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes that will be the challenging part. there are to ways of approaching that.

1. everytime u want to update you change site through deamweaver(or any other wizzy wig editor)

2. u r one good coder.

if it is to complicated i may just get rid of the center stuff and stransfer some of it to the far right side where the offliates are.

Best answers
or use like a table with a background color or something (sounds boring but it'd work)

Best answers
wow, looks great. but i thought it is affiliates, not offiliates or. . . .

Best answers
BG is ugly. incredibly hard to read and the html code thats low opacity adds to its badness. start with a much simpler BG that is easy on the well and semi-eyecatching if neccesary.

using the ">" as a bullet in the menu is not good either it doesnt look clean. use circles or something else.

-banner is good.
-its "affiliates" not offiliates.
-the way the Navigation text is the only text along that black bar is not good, mabey fill with links or affiliate buttons there possibly

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks very good, might be hard to read smaller font due to background, but the rest looks nice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[Raises hand] I am one hell of a coder. lol

Well not really. Don't do javascript. But CSS and HTML, I'm all over them like diaper rash. hehe.

Here's what you do. You make big black blocks on their own separate layers over the areas where text is going to be. Then you use layer masking or opacity to make them transparent. That will make text on top of the background easier to read.

You could also use the "adjust" commands to lower the saturation, raise the contrast, etc., but I like the layer block tactic better cause it allows you more flexibility.

If all else fails, you could always just mask out the background of where the main text body is going to be, too, and just leave it as a menu background.

Of course, you realize, with a background like that, when someone scrolls up, the **** is gonna repeat and look retarded, assuming they ever even bother to post something there that is long enough to require scrolling.

You could use slice and make it frames, that would work well. Or you could use CSS, or an iframe...possibilities, man. hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok the affiliates can be changed, and im pretty sure my friend will have fun trying to code it. second i did the whole big black sqaures trick already. the text wont be hard to read aslong as the text used is white, which would be logical considering its on a blackish/ grey bg.

as for roshis post, ive learned never to actually take any advice from you because its very bad advice. if i would put circles instead of > it would kinda ruin my whole C++ scheme going(if u look hard enought thats the code for esf in the bg). second the bg isnt ugly it is supposed to be a bit on the scrap metal side considering this is a more or less grungy type of layout. as for the navagation there will be links there such as "home image dump links ect" this is still in the making and by far not done.

it has become very obvious to me that u lack sense of design, or just dont understand the theme. i made this so it wasnt graphically dependent and yet not so simple that you look away.

my monitor displays things darker than flat screens so if you are using a flat screen that is probabily y the text is somewhat hard to read. but no one else has complained about that so i doubt that is the problem.

Best answers
dont try to defend ur piece when pplz (IE ME) give u critizism. i gave u "critz" you can use it or not, w/e. just dont try to defend ur piece by insulting my judgement which mostly makes sense other than the ">" coding issue (mainly because u never said it in ur initial post. The BG is definitely too busy if u plan on putting text, which of course he will, over it.

and if u cant handle the truth dont ask for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not defending my piece im just stating my difference of opinion with your suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom