Weapon/Attack Functions

Best answers
Esf is one of the best multiplayer games I've played in a long time, but the thing that bugs me the most is that you have to scroll through a list or push a button that selects the attack you are about to use.

I think that should be changed. Like you could bind an attack to a key and when you press and hold the key it automatically charges it up so u don't have to press and hold click.

I've throughouly thought this through and I've tried to think of how to tie off all loose ends. For melee, it could always be activated, and all you have to do is swoop at someone and the melee activates. But what about the headbut melee? Well, you could use a different key and hold it down so that would trigger it, like you would do now. Except it wouldn't be the right click.

As for the ki blasts, it could be the left and right clicks. But like Vegeta, his rapid fire ki blast you would just hold down both to charge. But you could do it regular if you just click rapidly.

Heres another issue I've thought of. How would the alternate fires work? I had a few ideas for that. You could hold down a key that would trigger it while you pressed the attack key you want to use.

The last issue I thought of is since there are alot of attacks, keys would be used up quickly. Well heres an example. In many counter-strike buy scripts, weapons are grouped together by what team your on. For example, the M4A1 is with the Ak47, and depending on what team your on is the gun you are aloud to buy. Well here it could be the same case. Multiple attacks would be assigned to a key, and depending on your character is the attack you would use.

No character would have more then one attack on the same key. Like Goku wouldn't have the Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb on the same key because it wouldnt work. Hope you guys consider this.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i refuse to read this, use paragraphs >_>

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i read it and i dont like it ^^

Come on are you to lazy to press 2 buttons. This system is made very goodly. Whz have tons of binds if you can have less.

I mean you said evry attack. So lets go throo it.

Attacks:
-kiblast:
*1 button normal mode
*1 button fast fire mode
-genetic attack
*1 buton beam mode
*1 button ball mode
-1 button kamehameha
-1 button final flash
-1 button masenko
-1 button special beam canon
-1 button galick gun
-1 button big bang
-1 button final flash
-1 button burning attack
-1 button finishing buster
-1 button scatershot
-1 button scaterbeam
-1 button destructo disc
-1 button frieza disc
-1 button eyelaser
-finger laser:
*1button normal mode
*1 button rapid fire mode
---------------------------
Thats 20 buttons just for attacks now id get lost how about you?
If your secondary mode idea would be ussed you still have 18 buttons.

all together and you are out of buttons for all that including movement keys, flying, teleporting...

and im shure i probably missed something to

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing that bugs me most are ominous walls of text without a break or capitalization in sight.

I don't see anything wrong with using the mouse to fire attacks, why do you? You use the mouse to aim the attack, why press a key to fire it?

Good luck remembering the proper key assignment of every single attack, as well.

Best answers
There I edited it. To answer the question about using up keys too quickly, if you read it, it explains my solution for that. Multiple attacks will be assigned to a key like a group. And depending on your character is the attack you can use. For example, lets say you bound this attack group to KP_End (The 1 key on the keypad).

Galik Gun Vegeta
Kamehameha Goku, Gohan, Krillin
Burning Attack Trunks
Frieza Disc Frieza

If you were Vegeta you would use Galik Gun. If you were Goku you'd use Kamehameha. And so on. there would be multiple groups like this. And no character would have more then one attack on one key. And I dont think it would be a pain to remember the keys. Again sorry for the sloppy writing.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but i still dont like it. Even with that solution youd have to jump all over the keyboard wich would slow you down greatly.

Your reaction time would also suffer cause youd have to look at the keyboard more to hit the right key.

And you can always screw up and hit he solar flare key leaveing you with allmoast no ki and the guy comming twards you.

Besides there might be a way to already do that but im gona have to experiment with some binds to find out. Ill tell you later.

Best answers
yea id like that. thx. i see your point. i do however think that melee should always be activated and all you have to do is swoop.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK i experimented round a bit. And yes its possible right now but you nead 1 button for evry normal attack slot and 1 for evry secondary attack slot.

There are 10 slots:
slot1 - melee
slot2 - kiblasts
slot3 - genetic beam
and so on

basicly you can select a slot and start shooting but if an attack has 2 options you nead 2 buttons. And you have to select melee manualy Cause if i add it to the movement keys you cant move while shooting.

Im gona have to go throo all the attacks to make a CFG file wich you can use. But youll have to bind stuff yourself.

Oh and that if you hold a button and the attack button thing could be possible or not. With my knowladge it isnt but than again i dont know much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, clicking the mouse sounds easier. What if you want to move while charging an attack? Are you expected to play left-hand twister?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom