weakling --;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I was never too good with ESF to begin with, but I got a craving to play yesterday and found out that I sucked even more than I did when I first started playing.
I played as gohan for all the rounds, and even when I was transformed I couldn't even keep up with most of the other players in the game. Basically because I'd be simple melee'd in the top of the skybox four or five times, or while I was rolling on the ground and die before I could recover.

So in the interest of building/rebuilding skills for new players or crappy ones like me, any suggestions from the long time players?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
Okay, I was never too good with ESF to begin with, but I got a craving to play yesterday and found out that I sucked even more than I did when I first started playing.
I played as gohan for all the rounds, and even when I was transformed I couldn't even keep up with most of the other players in the game. Basically because I'd be simple melee'd in the top of the skybox four or five times, or while I was rolling on the ground and die before I could recover.

So in the interest of building/rebuilding skills for new players or crappy ones like me, any suggestions from the long time players?
Holy you were exploited.

Basicly boath cases are bugs. In any case. If you want to be good first you need to get your fingers fast. Also reconfigure the keyboard keys so you can easily press them all (if needed).also remember to teleport and watch your ki. than try to copy moves that others use on you. If your aim is a problem than make a server with bots hardest skill and teleport to 100%.

That should get your aim up. When you get ussed to taht increase the muse sensetivity and get ussed to taht.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Train a little with bots on the lowest settings.
and then slowly increase the % of their skills

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Holy you were exploited.

Basicly boath cases are bugs. In any case. If you want to be good first you need to get your fingers fast. Also reconfigure the keyboard keys so you can easily press them all (if needed).also remember to teleport and watch your ki. than try to copy moves that others use on you. If your aim is a problem than make a server with bots hardest skill and teleport to 100%.

That should get your aim up. When you get ussed to taht increase the muse sensetivity and get ussed to taht.
And all that time I'd been thinking they'd just been able to master teleport or something to be able to move faster than me when I was being knocked away.
Oddly that same guy was using a gohan that had the attacks of every other character in the game too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
And all that time I'd been thinking they'd just been able to master teleport or something to be able to move faster than me when I was being knocked away.
Oddly that same guy was using a gohan that had the attacks of every other character in the game too.
It's possible. There's a plugin that allows you to give anyone the attack of any other character. For instance, you could have Spirit Bomb when you're Gohan, with this plugin.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is why you need to join pub servers.

Next time anyone hits you more than three times consecutivly (i know i spelled that wrong)

press the b button. and you'll be fine.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, pressing the b button makes you stop rolling, but also gives them the chance to ki blob you and throw a gen ball into it. Basically, you're screwed no matter what you do until you get a bit better. Getting good at this game isn't nearly as fun as it used to be because there are barely any players anyway, so I don't even bother. If you DO want to get better, fight bots on the the difficulty setting directly beneath best. I don't remember what it was. They'll kick your ass for a while, but you'll learn to adapt. Thats what this game is all about. Adaptation and learning to outthink your opponents.

nge

Best answers
Eh. Bots are always the same. They just up their speed and accuracy with each setting- even on best, they're a joke.

Nice to practice with for a bit, and glad they're around, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're any good if you can beat them.

Best answers
Stop playing with noobs on pub server you will stay noob there.
My advise is try spar with someone better then you in duels.

Also I know a bug that gives you all attacks from a other char without using plugins or whatsoever. And getting hit 4+ times from ceiling may be a exploit but atleast it requires skill to do so, unlike most things in ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omni said:
Stop playing with noobs on pub server you will stay noob there.
My advise is try spar with someone better then you in duels.

Also I know a bug that gives you all attacks from a other char without using plugins or whatsoever. And getting hit 4+ times from ceiling may be a exploit but atleast it requires skill to do so, unlike most things in ESF.
Yeah, we all know ESF requires no skill. That would explain why certain people are better than other certain people. Lack of skill is the only answer. Of course.

And last i checked, any person who has "learned" how to do this exploit, can do it. Anything you learn to do takes skill. You need to learn to play esf, and has a HUGE learning curve. It takes skill to play. It would explain why SS is better than anyone, and why there are "noobs" as you put it, and "pros" as i'm sure you would put it.

Best answers
SA_Gohan said:

Your not worse, you probebly just ran into better players then you did before, making you think you were worse, but in reality the others were just better.

Best answers
Tip 1: The most likely direction a person will teleport is up. So if you see them teleport when your swooping at them tap jump twice and then forward to nail em.

Tip 2: Keep moving! If you keep moving , it'll be harder for the enemy to keep a eye on you. Also it keeps you from getting nocked by random people. ( I've noticed that no matter where I am on the map other fights seems to drift to mine.)

Tip 3: Learn how to glide. After going into a swoop let go of the button your holding to swoop and turn off fly at the exact same time. This will save ki and you momentum will keep you going. Mastering gliding takes time so practice.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Same thing as me.

Before 1 year I got mine ADSL connection. The first thing I've done, was went into some n00b server, thinking that being able to pwn bots with medium setting and 0 teleport was a way to go.

I got pwnt by ALL the beeping n00bs.

Then I started a project which today is still alive ( EVS ), and I met bandit, former member of LSSJ. I started fighting him, and in lame ways I was sometimes able to beat him ( constantly banshee blasting him while EVM was on server -.- ).
But after he created a new LSSJ clan, I joined and immedeately got that "starclass" thingy. I was weaker then the weakest member of the clan, but was still ranked one of the best. Once I got beaten up by blair ( 5 months ago ) - I realised I am so pathetic that I need to train more. Since 5 months, I've been training and trying to make mine own combos ingame. And by a accident ran into Omni which teached me few things :p
I am still trying to improve, since mine skills are not the like I want them to be ( I am constantly running out of ki cause I don't pretty much look at HUD, and I'm too much used to play in SSJ ).

But mine point is.

Learning ESF takes ALOT of time, I am training for over 5 months here and still I am not pretty much of a match for some guys...
You should go on s2k server, or esf-w 1 or 2 - and try to fight best fighters in there.
Don't get mad once they beat you up. In reality, that beatup is just a +1 point to your skills, cause seeing ur opponent you are trying to replicate all his moves - and try to surpass him. Remember, once you surpass somebody, there will always be another one which will pwn you no matter what your skills are.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should do what i do, whenever you go onto a server, go for the guy with the best kill:death ratio, as often as you can, you'll soon get into the swing of things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Play lots and gradually up your mouse sensitivity. Set your scouter to radar so you always know whats around you. Thats really all there is to it, I find. Practice makes perfect.

Grega said:
When you get ussed to taht increase the muse sensetivity and get ussed to taht.
Reading that hurt.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Yeah, we all know ESF requires no skill. That would explain why certain people are better than other certain people. Lack of skill is the only answer. Of course.

And last i checked, any person who has "learned" how to do this exploit, can do it. Anything you learn to do takes skill. You need to learn to play esf, and has a HUGE learning curve. It takes skill to play. It would explain why SS is better than anyone, and why there are "noobs" as you put it, and "pros" as i'm sure you would put it.
Firstly where did I say ESF requires no skill?
I said most things in ESF require no skill what so ever, beams, blocklame, running attacks, etc...
Also I think youre confusing learning curve with skill, there is a difference imo.
Learning curve can take a few days for some and years for a others to learn some basic elements of a game.
Skill is something else imo, its something that is beyond the initial learning curve like angles, tele swoops, reading the game basicly. Every move youre opponent makes youre one step ahead. This is ofcourse imo and can be seen different by others.

Last time you checked anyone can do a 6 hit against the ceiling?
Honestly only a few can do it and I mosty start failing after 4-5 but I can do it sometimes. Again I think youre confused, with the roll exploit over the ground which is easy

SS I think you mean Sarutobi being better then anyone. I know some euro people who beat him including myself so unless you know what youre talking about dont spit bs. There is no "best" only a few people who rank "best".

Eventho I know people hate the terms noobs and pros I continue to use them cause thats what I'm used too. Like I said before go duel somone better then you that will make you a better. Someone said play with bots which I really would not recommand that. Bots only get let you learn some very basic things they mosty unrealistic and dont really improve you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=0 That would be me who said somehting with Bots ^^

Well they are good to start learning the Game and its Basic Movements again.

=0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks everyone. I've tried alot of what's been said and I my skill is improving incredibly . . . well, at least its taking a little longer for the skilled players to kill me.

Increasing mouse sensitivity helped out with tracking opponents alot. I can't say too much about the bots though; like some of you said they're nothing like human players. They don't take advantage of some of the same opportunities real players would so they only help out with basic learning.

you should do what i do, whenever you go onto a server, go for the guy with the best kill:death ratio, as often as you can, you'll soon get into the swing of things.
I often find that as being very educational . . . and suicidal =P

You should go on s2k server, or esf-w 1 or 2 - and try to fight best fighters in there.
I see the server in the list, but its empty most of the time I'm online so I end up playing on Zen.

The main thing that's getting me is when I'm fighting people who can simple melee me five or six times in a row and kill me in 10 seconds; hitting B speeds up my recovery, but there's a couple of seconds where I can't do anything, and I'm still vulnerable to the same attack. Which means I can learn to do the same thing (and if its an exploit I'm don't think I wanna go that way), or learning some kind of counter to it . . .

nge

Best answers
Eh, the counter is to hit them first, really. Beams when used correctly with drifting can be a melee deturrent/method of movement control, as well.

Zen will offer what is essentially the best ESF has to offer at the moment. I don't want tons of people flaming me for this- I'm talking CLAN wise, not individually, so lets not dispute that. Keep trying to do what they do- watch how they move, for example. Don't just blindly attempt to attack them and fail over and over- try to learn from your mistakes and their techniques in order to better yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom