We have the technology, we can rebuild esf_mid...

So, what'cha think about ESF_Mid being rebuilt?

• Keep working on it! ESF_Mid will live on!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • ESF_Mid blows! Who cares if it's rebuilt?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop working on it! You have no right!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Since I didn't hear anything on the other thread I mentioned this on, I figured I'd post it to the main Mapping forum instead of just Help, and see if anyone notices it here instead. :)

Yes, that's ESF_Mid, everyone's favorite checkerboard map, in the process of being rebuilt as close to the original version as I can manage, brush by brush.

Basically, I love this map, and always have. Yes, the 'original' textures may have vanished, but ones that are remarkably-closely-named exist in esf.wad, and look pretty damn good when put in place of everything else. So... right now I figured I'd ask if any of the dev's or the original esf_mid author cares about me trying to resurrect this map?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Contact ESF Stryker, he's the author of the original map. He didn't like it, but the testers practically cried when he removed it :)

Best answers
Okay, I'm waiting for word back from esf_Stryker, the original map's author, before I post any more info on the map, though I am continuing to work on said map still in the meantime.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dont think they will mind. In fact they might help you out

Best answers
Okay, turns out... esf_mid isn't being 'thrown out' as the 'Known Bugs' thread seems to imply. esf_Stryker says he planned to actually rebuild it with new texturing. :)

And just when I'd finished my rebuild, too. *laughs*

Okay, off to build my own map instead now, if a mod could kindly close this thread entirely please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom