Water Suction

Best answers
Ok Im making a map and it has water in it. Hard part over, I want it so that if a player gets to close to the bottom it start sucking them down, I took a sample from de_rats to try to implement it but when i tried compiling it said I need a visible clip or rigion what does that mean? o_O

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try asking DJ_Ready and Mr. Satan about it, they probably know ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Better u ask the map maker of de_rats !
He will know better i think! -.- but... i dont know who it made ^^"!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Create a brush with the texture "AAATrigger" where you want the suction to take place. Tie the brush to an entity called "Trigger_Push". You must specify the direction using three numbers in its options in an X Y Z format. You can also set the speed of push.

Best answers
Yea

Well I took it from de_rats but the decompiled versin had the same problems I have one tube or AAATrigger or that what the texture of it is going down stoping at the entrence of the fan with its entity it trigger_push, the Yaw is down and the speed is 400 then I have abunch of misspend object aroun dit make a square shape all of them are trigger push in which direction I might need to set but they should be fine there speed is 200 there is a button that is a func_button trigger garbage_disposal which is the fan and some other weird looks object that has the origin text on it cause it to spin the fan has func_rotates at a speed of 900. What am I doing wrong? also this is strand the decompile of de_rats had some solids not appear one of the entity which were 6 small blocks that one would set the sinkflow (pieces surround the tube) and the other the garbage_disposl (fan) but then there was another with a target of garbage_disposal_snd but the target was missing o_O, oh yeA and the pecies around the tube had AAATRigger texture on them to exept for somesides (sink texture)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want the suction to turn off and on, check a flag in Trigger_Push's options that says "Toggle". Name the Push something, doesn't matter what. Make a Func_Button or anything else that can trigger something, and you can set what the entity triggers. The target will be the name of the Push.

Best answers
Nah

Nah im not having it toggle it start as soon as they hit the water they can't get to close to the bottom heh water on contact triggers the pushing and the fan so if anyone get to close well you know what I mean :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uknohi said:
Nah im not having it toggle it start as soon as they hit the water they can't get to close to the bottom heh water on contact triggers the pushing and the fan so if anyone get to close well you know what I mean :D

Wow, that confused me. Try throwing some punctuation in there.

Best answers
Not hard

*Hands Mr. Satan some reading glasses*
Hmm now look if you had some brains you could put them in yourself watch.

Nah im not having it toggle, it starts as soon as they hit the water. They can't get to close to the bottom, heh, water on contact triggers the pushing and the fan so if anyone gets to close well you know what I mean :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom