Water splash

Best answers
It would be nice if there would be a water splash effect. When you throw an opponent into the river it makes a really big splash! The harder you throw, the bigger splash it makes. And there should be a sound for the splash. What do you think?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just eye candy, wouldn't change gameplay. Makes me wonder if it's even possible.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if it had an effect like taking damage when you hit the water and running short of breath because of the impact then yeah, but if its just eye candy then no

Best answers
well it would be cool ;D

PS: is ur sig pic. from zeq2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think the HL engine can support it, even though it is quite simple.

My reckoning is, there are quite a few instances in HL (single player) where this could've been used if it were possible on the engine, but Valve didn't, so I doubt it was possible. You can do it on HL2 though.

If you want to try modifying the engine, you'd need when a player entitiy collides with a !TEXTURE (liquid) to play a .wav and create the water spray sprite.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think there should be some sort of impact splash though when things enter the water, or when people swoop out of the the water... same goes for energy attacks... it is possible, powerup over some water and you'll see what i mean, it'd just have to be different sprite placement, like how explosions work

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IT doesn't necesarrily have to do damage..I mean, not EVERYTHING added has to have a purpose, eye candy just gives a better "feel" to it.

But, in sreal life, if you impact the water from a extreme hight, then yes, you will be snapped into 2.

Best answers
dude.. eyecandy is damn important :} eyecandy pwnz! ^^ eyecandy makes u wan't to play games more! :p everything doesn't have to be so serious :D

Best answers
yes :D and that makes water spalh smthng that gotta be in 1.3 ^^

Best answers
How about the splash sound effects and taking 1/2 amount of dmg when you hit the ground..so..you throw someone against the wall {20 dmg} but in the water (same amount of power thrown) then you cause 10 dmg?? With splash adding to that would make it awesome :)

Best answers
haha xD sure sure ;) splash :D and will take 10 hp or 15 at max ;P

Best answers
sure u would :D who wouldn't? :p some1 could PM some1 from the team if theyr not reading down here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom