Water Shaders

Rai

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Music in Video is from the OST of the movie Jumper

Made by John Powell "My Day So Far"

Also , i could host a lil Mechmod server if you guys wanted xP

Best answers
Now ESF really pushes the GoldSource engine to the edge. I mean really, one of the best water shaders ever for a Half-Life mod. There was for another mod, named Spirit of Half-Life and the other was GO-MOD, a similar mod to Garry's Mod, but for HL, in which the water shader isn't that well looking and it also lags. Great job on this guys.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
With every new news you guys blow me away - every single time more and more. But don't be sad, i mean that's great! The camera-view, the swooping, everything is superb.
Could you guys post your requirements so that everybody knows if we have to buy a new pc?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so that everybody knows if we have to buy a new pc?
We do. 8 GB RAM, 4 x 3 GHz and the newest GeForce video card. ESF will require more than Crysis. No lies.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in theory, since all the effects can be turned off, you should be good to go if you can play 1.2.3.

And don't listen to hlev :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in theory, since all the effects can be turned off, you should be good to go if you can play 1.2.3.

And don't listen to hlev :p
Well, I play 1.2.3 with 100 FPS. But I wonder how much FPS that stuff kills when enabled.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you consider the short amount of time spent developing mechmods first alpha, its pretty impressive what our team did :p and yeah, WoW sapping most of the devs willingness to learn how to utilise the source engine pretty much killed it >.<

and christ, that nuke model i made was cringeworthy. cheers for the nostalgia!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a shame too. Mechmod was awesome

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you should be fine and get a smooth running ESF with high-settings with a CPU > 2ghz, GPU >= Geforce 6 and >= 2gb of RAM

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you should be fine and get a smooth running ESF with high-settings with a CPU > 2ghz, GPU >= Geforce 6 and >= 2gb of RAM
No.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I think if you have any system from 2005 & Beyond you should be O K, but then again, I haven't played it yet. I mean, for example BrainBread used excessive decals that made my GeForce 2 32MB lag, but when switched out to a 6800(Normal, not GT), it didn't lower anymore, and neither did any other HL mods. I know the effects in the videos are far greater.

2GB of RAM? I doubt it...:p HL alone barely takes up 90MB of my RAM when in play, ESF around 170MB. Still, I don't think it's just system requirements, the ENGINE itself is being pushed above and beyond. That can sometimes cause low FPS even on a really powerful System.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess nobody noticed the new aura in motion...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And swoop trails. And if you look closely, there's something else new about the swoop fx too.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YEah, I noticed them..

Problem is, very hard to see in THAT video.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I noticed the new swoop aura, but its kind of hard to compare with the older version since I haven't played the OB in so long.

I noticed the speed lines coming from Goku. Nice effect. Gives a more overall feel of actual movement.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And if you look super close in the beginning, you can see some trees floating in mid air ^^

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And if you look super close in the beginning, you can see some trees floating in mid air ^^
Lol you're right!
Leave it as is. 1.3 is looking so good that a few flaws almost make it look like a mod again.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Believe me man, I've been petitioning non stop for them to make the mod ****tier. I don't know why, but they refuse. I've come up with quite a few ways that the game can be ruined without much effort. For instance, I'd like to see an attack that kills everyone in the server when the attack is launched. It'll charge up instantly and use no energy. And on rare occasions, it'll kill players on other servers, too. They banned me from creating threads in the suggestion forum and beta section forum, but I'm glad to see that I at least have one supporter.

At the very least they need to stop updating the front page showcasing good graphics. People's expectations are too high, we must lower them. Perhaps not updating for six months, then posting an update on the front page saying that the front page will have a huge media blitz in one week might be a good plan of attack? One week later, they can showcase the worst models, maps, sprites, and effects imaginable. I'm talking about worse then esf_mountain quality stuff (http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/255/hybrid094hotmail0013h.jpg). None of that stuff actually has to be put ingame, but we have to make people think it will be.

Anyway, I'm rambling on now. So how about those water shaders huh?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You, sir, are a genius.

John Volkov was the one who ... did that to that model. I'll talk to Masta first thing tomorrow about firing the entire team and hiring John Volkov to do all of our mapping, modeling, skinning, animating, texture work and coding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom